Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Manimal trumps everything.

Was about to mention that. He could turn into any animal except the budget only seemed to allow for it either being a panther or a hawk.

I do I think. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though. He was some computer generated character that was a crime fighting superhero or something like that, aye? I wonder how many of these made it to a 2nd series.

I do I think. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though. He was some computer generated character that was a crime fighting superhero or something like that, aye? I wonder how many of these made it to a 2nd series.

Max Headroom (Matt Frewer)?

haha , nope just read the last page. not sure what show that was, looks like a tron rip off.

Edited by tooner

It was called Automan.

My absolute favourite was Tales of the Golden Monkey.

Agreed, it was awesome, made me want to be pilot.

Edited by tooner

It was called Automan.

My absolute favourite was Tales of the Golden Monkey.

Jesus, just read the synopsis for Automan... How did this make it to 12 episodes?!

"This is the story of Walter Nebicher, doing what he likes best: fighting crime in the streets. You see, Walter's a policeman. Unfortunately, the Chief doesn't want Walter in the streets.

Walter:
Captain.

The Chief:
Get back to your cage, boy. Now!

So Walter must fight crime in his own way – in the computer room. That's where he's an expert. Fortunately for me, Walter's advanced knowledge of electronics led him to experiment with what is known as a hologram. That's a very fancy word for a three-dimensional picture that, when perfected, can be made to look real, sound real. As a matter of fact, given enough power, it can be made to feel real. That's kind of what got me into this work. My name is Automan.

Automan:
You must be Walter Nebicher.

Walter:
How do you know that?

Automan:
It's on the programming you fed into my system. I must say, Walter, you're very good. Very good, indeed. I look wonderful.

Walter:
If you do say so yourself.

Automan:
You programmed me to be honest, but tell me: Why did you call me Automan?

Walter:
It means that you're the world's first truly automatic man. You can do anything because you're not real.

Automan:
Oh, but I am. I'm as real as you are; just different. And thanks to you – perfect.

Walter:
Nobody's perfect, Automan.

Automan:
That's not true, Walter. You programmed me to observe other people and do whatever they can do as well as they can do it. Jimmy Connors playing tennis. John Travolta dancing. In fact, on a scale of one to ten, think of me as an...eleven.

Walter:
I've created a monster!

No...what Walter really created was a wonderful force for good. Automan. That's me."

Right arseholes. This is the last recommendation you're getting from me if you're just gonna keep ignoring them.

The Last Man On Earth.

Watch it or fuck off.

Recommended on tell em steve Dave last week too.

I see the X-Files is coming back.

Remember when the theme tune was in the fucking singles chart? :lol: That was a low point in our evolution.

It gets better - the original version and a "dance" "remix" were in the top 10 simultaneously. :lol: