Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

this sad kid i went to school with used to play it. you know the sort - stone washed jeans, heavy metal t band shirt, acne, always getting bullied. anyway, he asked me to be friends on facebook and he still into all that shit! he was culled pretty quickly. you don't want this sort of stuff popping up on your newsfeed at work

Classic-Party.jpg

Aye, death trap dungeon was the first one I read. Fucking hell, THIRTY years ago now. Incredible.

First one I read was The Citadel of Chaos (I think). They were by Steve Jackson and another bloke. Everyone used to cheat in the fights iirc.

We had zx spectrums and C64s (for the rich kids) as an alternative to D&D. 8 bit sprites. What the fuck was your excuse for playing a fairy card game?

:lol:

It allowed for strategic thinking, betrayal, timing attacks, etc. You would work strategies and counter strategies into your deck. Try to cover all weaknesses, try to have an answer for everything. Was great fun. Allowed for the development of my current strategic abilities used in my job, IMO.

It does sound sad when you have to describe it to muggles though ;)

I... don't know what that is Alex. Unlikely though. It has lot of spells, monsters and enchantments. You develop resources and then tap them each turn to produce the power you need to damage your opponent.

Was Top Trumps anything like that? :lol:

:lol: You can't seriously not know what top trumps are?

Actually a Trump top trumps may be a bit of a hit....

this sad kid i went to school with used to play it. you know the sort - stone washed jeans, heavy metal t band shirt, acne, always getting bullied. anyway, he asked me to be friends on facebook and he still into all that shit! he was culled pretty quickly. you don't want this sort of stuff popping up on your newsfeed at work

Classic-Party.jpg

:lol: The metallers all loved all that shit. I bet Papa Lazaru was/is well into it actually.

I never got into D&D or Warhammer, but fell into Magic the Gathering instead. Wasn't considered any cooler by those who judge such things.

no, no. looks really cool :lol: 

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Magic-The-Gather

It allowed for strategic thinking, betrayal, timing attacks, etc. You would work strategies and counter strategies into your deck. Try to cover all weaknesses, try to have an answer for everything. Was great fun. Allowed for the development of my current strategic abilities used in my job, IMO.

It does sound sad when you have to describe it to muggles though ;)

you're really selling it

Tbf, I'm pretty sure that some of the dweebs that got into Magic The Gathering ended up making a lot of money in online poker. The skills are somehow interchangeable.

I think the only thing D&D prepared you for was a life of trainspotting.

:lol: The metallers all loved all that shit. I bet Papa Lazaru was/is well into it actually.

he was a nice lad. i always felt a bit sorry for him but you need to reassess where your life is going if you're still into that shit in your late 30s. 

Tbf, I'm pretty sure that some of the dweebs that got into Magic The Gathering ended up making a lot of money in online poker. The skills are somehow interchangeable.

Funnily enough my Top Trumps "British rail diesel locomotives" was my second most treasured possession after my dungeon master's guidebook (advanced edition).

he was a nice lad. i always felt a bit sorry for him but you need to reassess where your life is going if you're still into that shit in your late 30s. 

He is/was a canny lad. Dead intense when he gets onto a subject he's into but totally harmless at the same time. Also, if that carry on with Chez's mate is the worst thing he ever did when he was pissed then I don't think he's got much to worry about. Think it's a shame he was basically bullied off here because of it.

Funnily enough my Top Trumps "British rail diesel locomotives" was my second most treasured possession after my dungeon master's guidebook (advanced edition).

I wonder if @@adios was into it then :D

I loved MTG. I used to get stupidly excited when I'd cornered someone into a hopeless soul sapping defeat :lol: To know that you had the mastery of someone is a great feeling. Yes I know that this is sad. I made peace with it.

He is/was a canny lad. Dead intense when he gets onto a subject he's into but totally harmless at the same time. Also, if that carry on with Chez's mate is the worst thing he ever did when he was pissed then I don't think he's got much to worry about. Think it's a shame he was basically bullied off here because of it.

i was talking about the kid i knew from school, but aye :lol: 

To know that you had the mastery of someone is a great feeling.

[emoji38]

"Rayvin, what is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

I invented my own cricket game with a marble bouncing off the sofa (ruler with tape on as the bat) and gave all the players their own skill ratings and performance parameters. Graham Gooch and Kapil Dev were the match winners iirc.

Anyway it was very complex and I often used to cheat against myself. :D

Edited by Park Life

I invented my own cricket game with a marble bouncing off the sofa (ruler with tape on as the bat) and gave all the players their own skill ratings and performance parameters. Graham Gooch and Kapil Dev were the match winners iirc. :D

Anyway it was very complex and I often used to cheat against myself. :D

There was a kid at my school who got caught by his dad buttering the telly. This sounds like a game he would have made up.