Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

sounds mint. :lol:

when i wasn't playing street footie, it was curby. anyone remember that? 

I played that - throwing the ball across the road and having it hit the curb and bounce back?

I've no idea what it is either. I could google it but I get a feeling that the 30 seconds it would take would be a waste of my time.

I had a similar feeling, coupled with the niggling doubt that it wouldn't be work place appropriate :lol:

My 45yr old Brother in Law plays all this kind of stuff. Games Workshop vouchers have been his go-to birthday present for years. He also goes camping in forests with a bunch of other really cool people (including my sister) where they put on accents and hit each other with rubber swords. 

I was sat next to him at Christmas dinner one year and I was trying to have a normal conversation with him, but he's interest in nothing but this stuff, so I relent and ask him how that's going. "Brilliant, I'm the leader of my clan", Oh nice, says I, what's your character? "I'm a druid and can turn into a wolf" Like a werewolf? "pff, no, I can transform whenever I like". ffs

My dad did that eye-rolly, sad-sigh, shoulder-shrug thing and polished off his glass of red. Basically miming "Aye, I know, but what can you do?"

I played that - throwing the ball across the road and having it hit the curb and bounce back?

aye, then double points if you caught it, then got to move half way across the road to make the throw easier or some shit :lol: 

My 45yr old Brother in Law plays all this kind of stuff. Games Workshop vouchers have been his go-to birthday present for years. He also goes camping in forests with a bunch of other really cool people (including my sister) where they put on accents and hit each other with rubber swords. 

I was sat next to him at Christmas dinner one year and I was trying to have a normal conversation with him, but he's interest in nothing but this stuff, so I relent and ask him how that's going. "Brilliant, I'm the leader of my clan", Oh nice, says I, what's your character? "I'm a druid and can turn into a wolf" Like a werewolf? "pff, no, I can transform whenever I like". ffs

My dad did that eye-rolly, sad-sigh, shoulder-shrug thing and polished off his glass of red. Basically miming "Aye, I know, but what can you do?"

LARPing :lol: Live Action Role Play. I've never been sad enough to do that, but I know people who are. Amazingly, one of them is a Spanish girl who is hot as fuck. So it's not all fat pimply nerds.

Edited by Rayvin

LARPing :lol: Live Action Role Play. I've never been sad enough to do that, but I know people who are. Amazingly, one of them is a Spanish girl who is hot as fuck. So it's not all fat pimply nerds.

Was this abroad? I don't think there'll be too many hot Spanish girls doing this in Seaton Sluice. There's a bit of a shortage of muy caliente chicas in Blyth Valley.

Was this abroad? I don't think there'll be too many hot Spanish girls doing this in Seaton Sluice. There's a bit of a shortage of muy caliente chicas in Blyth Valley.

No, she lives in Newcastle. I'd imagine she's the best thing that ever happened to the LARPing community up here.

I remember hearing about people camping out overnight in Jemsond Dene to play role play games round the fire. Can't even begin to get my head around it tbh

When I was in the monastery I used to get bored in the evenings (if not trying to escape to the pub with a fellow from Oxford) and invented a board game called 'Dark Wing'. Made all the characters meself and used the monks workshop for the board and fine detailing etc...It was a kind of Vampire game and as one character tries to make it to the center (Castle Bran) the other is trying to make his way to the 'Outworld' at the same time. Loads of subsidiary characters and obstacles are in their way etc...One character is trying to become less Vampire and the other the reverse. If you are behind its best to try and attack the main character as a last gasp measure. The board is circular with villages and swaps and so on...

Still got it and still not sure about the actual rules. :D

Edited by Park Life

When I was in the monastery I used to get bored in the evenings (if not trying to escape to the pub with a fellow from Oxford) and invented a board game called 'Dark Wing'. Made all the characters meself and used the monks workshop for the board and fine detailing etc...It was a kind of Vampire game and as one character tries to make it to the center (Castle Bran) the other is trying to make his way to the 'Outworld' at the same time. Loads of subsidiary characters and obstacles are in their way etc...One character is trying to become less Vampire and the other the reverse. If you are behind its best to try and attack the main character as a last gasp measure.

Did this really happen or did you just watch The Name of the Rose last night?

When I was in the monastery I used to get bored in the evenings (if not trying to escape to the pub with a fellow from Oxford) and invented a board game called 'Dark Wing'. Made all the characters meself and used the monks workshop for the board and fine detailing etc...It was a kind of Vampire game and as one character tries to make it to the center (Castle Bran) the other is trying to make his way to the 'Outworld' at the same time. Loads of subsidiary characters and obstacles are in their way etc...One character is trying to become less Vampire and the other the reverse. If you are behind its best to try and attack the main character as a last gasp measure. The board is circular with villages and swaps and so on...

:lol:

Nice that your put creative energies into something like that though. You should give it a look again, the board game market is resurgent at the moment, especially in the dark corners of the nerdiverse.

Did this really happen or did you just watch The Name of the Rose last night?

It's for real man. One of the other novitiates was an actual game inventor and we would discuss it while working on the farm or bread making. :lol:

:lol:

Nice that your put creative energies into something like that though. You should give it a look again, the board game market is resurgent at the moment, especially in the dark corners of the nerdiverse.

Big Bang Theory Cluedo is where it's at

It's for real man. One of the other novitiates was an actual game inventor and we would discuss it while working on the farm or bread making. :lol:

Tbh, I find it pretty plausible. I've just no recollection of you mentioning any monastic activties before and it's the sort of thing I think I'd remember.

Tbh, I find it pretty plausible. I've just no recollection of you mentioning any monastic activties before and it's the sort of thing I think I'd remember.

Yeah them were strange times. Not sure where my head was at. :D