Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Aye. Bonkers.

Spoiler

Lots of questions unanswered for me. That bloke who raped a disabled girl didnt even seem to get any heat and did a deal. 

I dont think we'll ever know the whole story. So much fabrication, ego and misdirection.

Up to episode 8 of altered carbon and still enjoying it, still waiting for to turn shit, but so far it’s been brilliantly ridiculous throughout. 

The History channel goes full-on football from this Monday (which will surely delight fans of documentaries about Adolf Hitler's dental records and the like). Just set a load of stuff to record, there's some decent bits and bobs in there - all the official World Cup films from 1970 to 1998 (except 1994 for some reason), One Night In Turin, various other documentaries... and a bunch of Premier League Years for some reason, but there we are. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The History channel goes full-on football from this Monday (which will surely delight fans of documentaries about Adolf Hitler's dental records and the like). Just set a load of stuff to record, there's some decent bits and bobs in there - all the official World Cup films from 1970 to 1998 (except 1994 for some reason), One Night In Turin, various other documentaries... and a bunch of Premier League Years for some reason, but there we are. :lol: 

Nice one. With the older World Cups the official films (shot on cine camera, obviously) offer much better quality footage and also from a different viewpoint compared to the tv footage.

I'm hoping they'll have some of the properly older ones too (the guide only goes up to the 6th or so at the minute). I remember seeing the 1958 film and it's amazing, as much for the crisp footage of post-war Swedish city life as the stuff on the pitch. (Niche interest, but hey. :D )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I'm hoping they'll have some of the properly older ones too (the guide only goes up to the 6th or so at the minute). I remember seeing the 1958 film and it's amazing, as much for the crisp footage of post-war Swedish city life as the stuff on the pitch. (Niche interest, but hey. :D )

I've seen a few of them 1966-90 but I don't think I've seen a one prior to that. 82 is notable for being narrated by Sean Connery and soundtracked by Rick Wakeman. And that Brazil side were half decent too. In fact France were class as well and that Italy side played some great football too, not least in the final. Easy to forget that England were good too.

PBS America is canny for documentaries (channel 94 or something on free view). You get lots of stuff that was made by the BBC but I’ve watched some good US ones too. About the Wild West, the Space Race and things like that. They’ve been showing the 10 part film about the Vietnam War recently (http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/home/) which, if you’re interested in that sort of thing, really is excellent. 

Been watching Coach Snoop on Netflix because it's a documentary about Snoop Dogg coaching a load of radge black lads in American Football so why wouldn't I watch it? Anyway, I'm 6 episodes in and 6 cans deep and, at this point, I'd run through walls for the bloke

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

watched that a while back :lol: i like when he just weighs in for the matches 

:lol: 

ESPN done a series of short episodes about him and his son, as his son was a American Football player at what was essentially an academy for high school athletes in Vegas. The school is called Bishop Gorman and one of his team mates was Nicco Ferttita the son of one of the owners of the UFC. 

It was basically Snoop putting immense pressure on his son :lol:. I think the kid made it onto a college program and then basically jacked it in. 

On 26/04/2018 at 09:08, Dr Gloom said:

Aye it was good. I quite enjoyed googling bits and pieces about it while watching. The poisoning stuff was unreal. I started out rooting for them rather than the local hicks but wasn’t sure which side I was on by the end of it. Cunts all around tbh though the lawyer came across alright. That Sheila bird was power crazed and off her tits. 

Just started the defiant ones, which has also started brightly. 

Just finished watching this and like Renton I had no memory of these goings on at all.

I thought the lawyer bloke was the most weird one of all of them.  Not so much when you saw footage of him in his red suits, but in the interviews the smile and far away look in his eyes properly freaked me out.  

Sheela was mint I thought.  I could see how people would follow her.  When she smiled there was something that completely changed about her and I could see how people could fall for that.  Plus she looked canny with her kit off.  I couldn't understand why they were so obsessed with bogwog (sorry I know it's wrong but I can't be the only one).  From what they showed he did nothing to inspire such devotion.