Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Been catching up with it’s Always Sunny’s new season, no idea how it’s still this good 13 seasons in. 

Also watched Jack Ryan on amazon prime and thought it was canny enough. 

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Started watching Ozark last night.  Watched the first Ep and intrigued where it's going to go

First or second season? It's pretty good like. 

I'm finishing Preacher s3 today (better than S2) and then will be moving on to Ozark S2. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

First or second season? It's pretty good like. 

I'm finishing Preacher s3 today (better than S2) and then will be moving on to Ozark S2. 

First season.  Thought I would give it a whirl after seeing the posts on here about it.

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I enjoyed Master of None. Love the Woody Allen influences, and no I’m not talking about the alleged sex pestering 

The Italian lass in the last series was fucking amazing.

50 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Started The Man in The High Castle and I'm really enjoying the balance of espionage, personal strife and wider political struggle so I'm sat here waiting for the sci-fi to come in and fucking ruin the lot of it.

It doesn’t. I haven’t seen season 3 but the first two are in the spirit of the novel (which is sublime iyam) in that they’re alternative history rather than science fiction. 

Edited by Alex

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Question for Ozark people

Im 6 episodes in and not sure if we have already been told why Ruth's old man is in the nick.  Have i missed something?

First series? Yes, he is, because he's a nutcase. I'll give you some further advice. Don't bother with the second series. 

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

It doesn’t. I haven’t seen season 3 but it’s in the spirit of the novel (which is sublime iyam) in that it’s alternative history rather than science fiction 

Class. Was a bit worried when

they found the movie that showed Frank getting shot by Joe and was thinking we were heading down the time travel train

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Class. Was a bit worried when

Hide contents

they found the movie that showed Frank getting shot by Joe and was thinking we were heading down the time travel train

Even that’s in the spirit of the book since The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a book in the novel where the Allies win the war, albeit with a different outcome to how things actually panned out. It’s an alternative history novel within an alternative history novel. PKD always wanted to be considered a ‘proper’ writer and wrote a few non- science fiction novels but they were only published posthumously. They’re actually pretty good and I’m a fan of most things I’ve read by him. Even his science fiction is not about the future but him commenting on his present. The Man in the High Castle is probably the one novel where everything comes together and he’s got enough of his trademark ideas to appeal to his hardcore fans but the premise and execution broadens its appeal enough to give him the wider credibility he always craved. It’s atypical of his work but even that’s typical of him because virtually nothing he did can easily be pigeonholed. Tl;dr - it’s fucking mint 

Edited by Alex