Besty

Recommend me something to watch!

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

All 6 are on catch up

Cheers. Got loads of stuff to watch though and part way through The Man in the High Castle s2 st present. 

There is too much quality TV to keep up with these days. Netflix is about to invest a shitload more in original programming too so will only increase. 

We “cut the cord” recently and ditched sky. Got Now TV so can still watch some of their stuff on demand but so far have barely used it given how much good stuff there is on Netflix and amazon. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is too much quality TV to keep up with these days. Netflix is about to invest a shitload more in original programming too so will only increase. 

We “cut the cord” recently and ditched sky. Got Now TV so can still watch some of their stuff on demand but so far have barely used it given how much good stuff there is on Netflix and amazon. 

Also, if you miss a series on Sky Atlantic then you have to upgrade to boxsets or whatever it is. Ended up watch Big, Little Lies via Kodi even though we have Sky Atlantic.

Does Sky Atlantic have ads?  Absolutely tragic to put ads in some of the quality shows they restream.

9 minutes ago, adios said:

Does Sky Atlantic have ads?  Absolutely tragic to put ads in some of the quality shows they restream.

Aye. It's one of their channels that every Sky subscriber gets.

20 minutes ago, adios said:

Aye but the box sets cut them out fortunately 

I’m amazed Netflix turns a profit. They’ve just spent $70mil on Altered Carbon and $90mil on Bright. There seems to be a new Netflix branded series or film on there every few days 

it broke records last time it reported quarterly results and raising the subscription fee hasn't slowed the increase in new memberships, as more and more people cut the cord. it's driven in part by the increase in their excellent original productions and by the fact people realise that traditional cable/satellite tv doesn't make financial sense anymore. plus people are a fed up with all the ads. 

finally walking away from sky has been quite liberating. reducing the amount of money i gave to murdoch and realising that half the shit i was paying way over the odds for, i don't even care about that much. i probably spend about 12 a month on now tv now on average instead of the £90 a month we were paying sky for the full subscription. 

I think they make like $10bn+ in revenue (and intend to reinvest ~80% of that in content?).  They just don't have the same considerations as a bricks and mortar operation when it comes to costs.  I'm surprised they are even run to turn a profit when they're battling for global domination with Amazon et al.

Also a lot of their Netflix branded content isn't actually Netflix original programming (for the time being).

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it broke records last time it reported quarterly results and raising the subscription fee hasn't slowed the increase in new memberships, as more and more people cut the cord. it's driven in part by the increase in their excellent original productions and by the fact people realise that traditional cable/satellite tv doesn't make financial sense anymore. plus people are a fed up with all the ads. 

finally walking away from sky has been quite liberating. reducing the amount of money i gave to murdoch and realising that half the shit i was paying way over the odds for, i don't even care about that much. i probably spend about 12 a month on now tv now on average instead of the £90 a month we were paying sky for the full subscription. 

Aye, it's mental isn't it?  We were at around £100 a month with internet thrown in with Virgin when I was in London and we never feckin' used the thing.

Think I pay about a tenner a month to virgin for tv (plus phone and internet) and I think I should drop that too.  The only things I watch on normal channels these days are all on BBC or Channel 4 (or freeview at worst).  I can watch anything I wan't on the firestick and I don't have to suffer Ray Winston's Bet 365 adverts.

Just watched the first episode of the Juventus series on Netflix actually, really enjoyed it like.

I watched it last weekend. My lass didn't mind it, probably something to do with the handsome young blokes walking around with their tops off. 

6 hours ago, Tooj said:

Just watched the first episode of the Juventus series on Netflix actually, really enjoyed it like.

I thought of you when I saw the advert for that. ;)

I guess it's subtitled BTW? 

On 09/03/2018 at 09:58, Dr Gloom said:

There's a new "Netflix Original" on there every week now, impossible to keep up unless you're a couch potato with no job and no life.

I've just got up to date with Silicon Valley and have Jessica Jones, Mr Robot and Stranger Things lined up next and have now seen that Sneaky Pete S2 is out. 

Going to need a 2 hour dinner break at this rate. 

19 hours ago, Renton said:

I thought of you when I saw the advert for that. ;)

I guess it's subtitled BTW? 

Aye it is. You need to listen out for how much Buffon sounds like an Italian Sean Connery mind. :lol:

Watched the first mcmafia last night .. was ok, will give the rest a try.

But might kerb them for a week now that new sneaky pete has arrived!

Edited by zerosum