Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’ve actually got the book coming from Amazon, I’m just going to blast through the show first. I’ve never read any Dick (lol) but I’m assuming this is my route into him. So to speak

A good thing about him is that so many turtle dweebs like him that you can read detailed synopses of his works on wiki. Even as a fan I shamelessly admit to having done that on occasion. His language isn’t complex or overly literary but his ideas can be be difficult to follow at times. I think it’s worth it though and I only read for pleasure. I’m too fucking old and don’t have the time to read ‘worthy’ shit 

I read the book and the series is better tbh. I feel like it lost it's way a bit toward the end of season two, almost trading the story for showing how good they can make Nazi shit look with modern special effects. 

However, the first couple of episodes of season 3 have been enjoyable. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I read the book and the series is better tbh. I feel like it lost it's way a bit toward the end of season two, almost trading the story for showing how good they can make Nazi shit look with modern special effects. 

However, the first couple of episodes of season 3 have been enjoyable. 

Fuck off is the series better than the book. Hang your head in shame 

MITHCs second season had a real problem with pacing and felt like 5 disconnected stories but the last 2 episodes picked things up in a big way. Everything ramping up came out of nowhere after 8 meandering episodes but I'm all in for Season 3. 

EDIT: Just saw that Eric Overmyer, who worked on Season 4 of The Wire and Bosch was in charge of season 3 so I'm now very excited.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The main difference is Marty just seems like a good bloke in over his head where it’s his Mrs who looks to have more potential to go full Walter White 

I originally thought this but as season 2 progressed it dawned on me that Marty has been bent for many years and the fact they are in such a mess is down to him. He's not a good bloke at all.

6 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I originally thought this but as season 2 progressed it dawned on me that Marty has been bent for many years and the fact they are in such a mess is down to him. He's not a good bloke at all.

Bit harsh blaming it all on him being gay

• Haha 2