Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Jervais... I get where I should laugh watching his stuff, but it’s just too cringe to make me physically do it. Watched Afterlife, it was ok, thought the characters were good but as others have said he’s trying to put too much of himself into it. Perhaps Merchant was a brake on that but I’m not sure he himself  is in any way funny whatsoever and I don’t buy his dopey yokel schtick either. 

I think as as a person Jervais sums up a blatantly offensive and largely inaccurate trope which happens to be spot on in just a few cases...”scratch an animal lover and you’ll find a people hater”. Think he literally hates himself more than anyone though. 

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Jervais... I get where I should laugh watching his stuff, but it’s just too cringe to make me physically do it. Watched Afterlife, it was ok, thought the characters were good but as others have said he’s trying to put too much of himself into it. Perhaps Merchant was a brake on that but I’m not sure he himself  is in any way funny whatsoever and I don’t buy his dopey yokel schtick either. 

I think as as a person Jervais sums up a blatantly offensive and largely inaccurate trope which happens to be spot on in just a few cases...”scratch an animal lover and you’ll find a people hater”. Think he literally hates himself more than anyone though. 

Watched a bit of the first episode which was a daft thing to do as I can only really think of the office as anything I've really liked from him. Can't get away with him at all, the fucking smug twat. It isn't about being offended, I just think he isn't that funny. 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

A house through time. Westgate road, fascinating. A glimpse of our past and pehaps our future under this shitfest of a government. 

Ah, shit. Forgot about that. I must check it out on iPlayer 

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Decent start to the new GoT, does anyone know when the rumoured 90 min episodes start? Or is that all bollocks and they’re going to be an hour long?

There's definitely a couple of 74s - not sure if that's it. 

Decent scene setter as a start this week. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never got into G.O.T. Tried watching it a couple of times. Its just Emerdale farm with a bit more poking in it.

The new series of Wheeler Dealer has just started.

We are spoiled for choice these days with netflix and the other streaming apps. Go on to find a program to watch and spend an hour looking at all of the new series that have come out or are coming soon. 

Edited by 111180sak
Wanted to add more

• 2 weeks later...

Last two things I've watched:

Hanna - really enjoyed it and looking forward to where it goes from here - the lass is excellent. 

Sex education - completely different to anything I normally watch but again thoroughly enjoyed it. I do admit I'd watch absolutely anything with Gillian Anderson in it though. 

Just started Russian doll - intriguing start.