Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

There's some truth in that, they scare the fuck out of me as a rule. Have you got grey hairs growing out your back too? I'm not so much alpha male or even beta. More gamma. In a house of 3 females (5 if you include the guinea pigs, which rank higher than me) I know my place. 

However iirc Dave was bald in his teens and definitely not quire so scary. 

On 12/02/2021 at 15:27, Renton said:

That's a little unkind. Actually my best mate from school has just become a grandad so I am feeling a bit old, but at least I'm not bald. 

I quite enjoy wandaVision as it happens but am completely scoobied about what's happening. 

That's all right, I'm deep into the lore and I've little to no idea either. 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

“The lore” :lol: 

Aye, the 'lore'. Do I pop into the guitar thread and take the piss out of your ridiculous terms? No, No I dont.

• Haha 1

I watched an episode of somebody feed Phil, and I have to agree with whoever said he's annoying.  The show is canny enough, I'm a sucker for food and travel shows, but he's a proper doylem.  I'm actually quite surprised anyone has given him the opportunity to present anything.  Admittedly this is just going off one episode, Rio, and I'd probably give a few more a chance, but surely there's better qualified presenters out there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching Versailles - canny costume drama (excellent costumes/sets tbh) about Louis XIV all court politics, plotting and intrigue, enjoying it so far and it does have a thread of historical accuracy running through it.

BUT - it has the absolute shittest opening credits and "song" which do not fit in any way with what you expect to watch (the song is so fucking bad it's funny) - If you do nothing else give it a watch (the start of an episode) as would like to hear other's views on the shite bit :) 

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Watching Versailles - canny costume drama (excellent costumes/sets tbh) about Louis XIV all court politics, plotting and intrigue, enjoying it so far and it does have a thread of historical accuracy running through it.

BUT - it has the absolute shittest opening credits and "song" which do not fit in any way with what you expect to watch (the song is so fucking bad it's funny) - If you do nothing else give it a watch (the start of an episode) as would like to hear other's views on the shite bit :) 

Haven't watched it but I hope it's some guitar-wielding sadboy warbling "In a palace where they used to crown the kings..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Haven't watched it but I hope it's some guitar-wielding sadboy warbling "In a palace where they used to crown the kings..."

Sadly not, but it has the line "facing tempests of dust" WTF is a tempest of dust ??? It is truly awesomely bad as opening credits go, show itself is OK.

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This? 

It’s not too bad, also… tiddies warning! 

That's not exactly it, from 2:04 on that the words come in, on TV intro starts with the words and much less orchestral and voice way higher in the mix

Edited by Toonpack

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not sure if late to the party but started watching The Sopranos. Great.

:lol:  Cheers for the tip 

Edited by Alex

Bit far removed from the Sopranos and The Wire but the first few seasons of Northern Exposure are worth a watch if anyone needs some really chilled (borderline depressive) stuff to watch. 

Thats if you can find it. Apparently its never made amazon prime or Netflix on account of the soundtrack being too good, potential royalty fees making it unfeesible. 

• Like 1