Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Bit far removed from the Sopranos and The Wire but the first few seasons of Northern Exposure are worth a watch if anyone needs some really chilled (borderline depressive) stuff to watch. 

Thats if you can find it. Apparently its never made amazon prime or Netflix on account of the soundtrack being too good, potential royalty fees making it unfeesible. 

Loved it back in the day but not seen it since 

• 2 weeks later...

was inspired to watch more french tv boxsets after enjoying lupin so much, so i just started call my agent on netflix. good start. 

also almost finished the new adam curtis doc series on iplayer. highly recommended, if you're a fan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity Caravanning with Colin Baker, Sherri Hewson, Sonia, Tony Blackburn and Richard Hillman off Coronation Street currently on Channel 5.

Sometimes you have to really love the absurdity of this country. :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody watched Frank of Ireland which was hyped on the media rounds recently? Fuck me it's unfunny,.as bad as its title. Two episodes in and it hasn't raised a chuckle.  Dire. 

I see another series of Motherland is coming out. Its been a bit diminishing returns but hopefully will at least raise a smile. 

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anybody watched Frank of Ireland which was hyped on the media rounds recently? Fuck me it's unfunny,.as bad as its title. Two episodes in and it hasn't raised a chuckle.  Dire. 

I see another series of Motherland is coming out. Its been a bit diminishing returns but hopefully will at least raise a smile. 

image.png.06afa4a7ab62439a667c9e79450615c0.png

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Watched the first 5 minutes. Genuinely couldn't believe the quality of the jokes that were being served up, and put it off. 

There hasn't been a decent alternative British (or Irish) comedy for yonks. The last series of catastrophe was pretty shit, motherland is on a downwards trajectory and I never really got into Fleabag, maybe I'm missing something there. That David Tennant one, there she goes, actually was funny but honestly bleak as fuck.

Where's the next Father Ted, the Office, Peep show, or Inbetweeners coming from? 

Just now, Meenzer said:

Does Derry Girls count? That was good.

Aye. That’s quality. All on Netflix now I think so you don’t have the annoying More4 adverts either 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

There hasn't been a decent alternative British (or Irish) comedy for yonks. The last series of catastrophe was pretty shit, motherland is on a downwards trajectory and I never really got into Fleabag, maybe I'm missing something there. That David Tennant one, there she goes, actually was funny but honestly bleak as fuck.

Where's the next Father Ted, the Office, Peep show, or Inbetweeners coming from? 

If you don’t like Fleabag, I’m out 

32 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Does Derry Girls count? That was good.

It was decent, not ground breaking. There's a fair bit of okay stuff, I'd include the likes of Friday night dinner and our country in that category, but nothing really innovative. And far more guff like Mrs Browns boys which you can bet CT is a fan of. Maybe Fleabag is the one, I missed the start so might revisit it. 

Edited by Renton

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Back with Mitchell and Webb is good 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Afterlife has some funny moments. 

Dave is the funniest thing I've watched this year. 

I'm touched. And terrified.

Edited by The Fish