Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Ive been desperately hunting out new stuff lately.

Finally bothered to take a look at 30 Rock because it was on the BT replay thingy, Im now downloading the next series as its class.

Also started to get into Modern Family which seems to be along the lines of Arrested Development which can only be a good thing.

Ive also downloaded a couple of single episodes to try.

Better off Ted

Cougar Town (which I seriously dont hold out much hope for seeing as its got Courtney Cox in it)

Nurse Jackie (missed it on TV).

Hung

And a couple of Dramas, missed the first couple of episodes of Flash Forward so didnt bother with that until now and something called the Forgotten from the makers of CSI.

So far the only one Ive watched is the first episode of Better off Ted but it seems canny enough.

Misfits was good, I hope they make a second series.

You cant miss out on Trueblood too. There's another vampire series starting Tues night, The Vampire Diaries, not sure what it will be like but have it set to record. I think it clashes with Shameless.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at the start of the third season of the Sopranos, really enjoying it so far.

I'm upto S3E2, was just watching it upto the bit where Tony's talking to his mother and realised it's clearly not her... they've just chopped bits from previous eps, don't know if it's common knowledge like but it made me laugh, have a look if you can!

I was introduced to Jersey Shore at the weekend. It's quite something.

Is that the one where Guido's keep their bitches in line?

They'd like to think so, anyway. It's the myriad ways in which they utterly fail to do so that make it so riveting. :rolleyes:

They'd like to think so, anyway. It's the myriad ways in which they utterly fail to do so that make it so riveting. :rolleyes:

I just heard Kevin Smith (he gets everywhere) talking about what an embarrassment it was to Jersey when he saw a trailer that showed one of the blokes punch one of the women full in the face.

It does seem strange to give such low-lifes a platform. It'll be an ASBO only edition of Big Brother next.

I just heard Kevin Smith (he gets everywhere) talking about what an embarrassment it was to Jersey when he saw a trailer that showed one of the blokes punch one of the women full in the face.

It does seem strange to give such low-lifes a platform. It'll be an ASBO only edition of Big Brother next.

That was someone in a bar who did that to one of the cast members. But yeah, MTV had to quickly back down and remove the punch from both trailer and show.

The whole thing should make you feel incredibly dirty for watching it, but for some reason it works (aided by playing the "every time they say Guido or Guidette" drinking game, admittedly). I'm sure it'd be beyond cringeworthy if there were a UK equivalent, but these people seem so utterly foreign at every level that it's easy to block out the fact that they actually exist.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just watched "The man who shot the 60s" about Duffy, very good iyam

That would be boring I mean shes what? 26? 27? ;)

I was bored the other day and hunting through the comedy on Channel 4s On Demand found something called "Plus One" so we gave it a go and ended up watching all 5 episodes off the bounce. Very funny.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/plus-one

just downloaded the last two seasons of Psych. (lighthearted funny american series) it knows its funny, but still doesn't take itself too seriously with hype. I enjoy it anyway. Worth a look if you've got nowt to do of an evening!

Sons of Anarchy; seems pretty good so far... proper lightweight but entertaining none-the-less

I just ordered season 1, I loved the Shield, I'm hoping its as good.

Friday Night Lights. Its a bit teen soapy with an American football theme but strangely watchable.

I'm reading the book that's based on at the moment. Didn't know it had been tv-ified.

There is also a movie (with Billy Bob Thornton). The series is based on this apparently.

I think the series was on ITV3/4 a couple of years ago but they didn't advertise it very well.

Edited by Holden McGroin

most of the best tv from the past few years has come out of hbo if you ask me:

sopranos

the wire

entourage

curb your enthusiasm

flight of the conchords

my other personal favourites include peep show, inbetweeners and mad men

most of the best tv from the past few years has come out of hbo if you ask me:

sopranos

the wire

entourage

curb your enthusiasm

flight of the conchords

my other personal favourites include peep show, inbetweeners and mad men

A mate got me tickets to these lads as a present. Cannot wait.

Watched the first ep of Spartacus - Blood and Sand last night after someone at work mentioned it. It's run by one of the best writers on Angel/Buffy and looks quite promising - lots of blood and a bit of tit.