Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Finally gave in to Netflix after constant nagging from the child. Have spent the last hour adding things to my list. Anything I shouldn't miss - given that I don't do dragons and fantasy shit <_< Got mainly stand-up and some documentaries so far..

Dinotrux. It's basically about dinosaurs but the twist is they are trucks too. Not sure about how realistic it is but it's got some canny dinosaurs who just want to get along and then this massive radge packet T Rex / Scandia who is always out to get them. They get help from these small reptile lizards who can fix the Dinotrux. They are called Reptools and are quite cute. It's fucking mint, season 1 is a bit slow but it gets canny after that.

Finds a Roman coin with his detector now thinks he can comment on two civil wars in the late Roman Republic and how much air time is appropriate for that centuries tumultuous period.

(I enjoyed the first series as it happens, as well).

;)

:lol:

He doesn't even know Roman numerals, let alone Roman history.

Dinotrux. It's basically about dinosaurs but the twist is they are trucks too. Not sure about how realistic it is but it's got some canny dinosaurs who just want to get along and then this massive radge packet T Rex / Scandia who is always out to get them. They get help from these small reptile lizards who can fix the Dinotrux. They are called Reptools and are quite cute. It's fucking mint, season 1 is a bit slow but it gets canny after that.

That and Dragons: Race to the Edge were the reason for getting it in the first place.

Mr Robot really had just ripped off Fight Club, right down to the pixies cover in the last episodes ending sequence

it's good though, enjoyed it but really can't see where it can go for much longer

Just caught up to date with it. Surely the pixies song had to have been put in there tongue in cheek.

I do enjoy it but I must admit I find it difficult to follow what it is they're trying to do Evil Corp and I can't see really how they're going to keep going after the revelation (well it was obvious anyway wasn't it?) of the last episode.

The Fish was posting from the football account the whole time.

Not healthy to be so angry so early in the morning Gems. Have a herbal tea to sooth what ails you.

I tend to agree with Gemmill. I used to be a spoiler Nazi on other forums because even though they never bothered me, I could tell how much it pissed other people off.

I remember we used to have a Breaking Bad thread which I stayed out of as I haven't watched it yet and I don't think that's a bad idea for other series.

I don't mean to be a knob about it, but I just don't understand why people feel it necessary to reveal stuff that's happening in active TV shows or films that are currently on at the cinema. It's fairly basic stuff and surely this is a small enough community for etiquette like that to be observed.

Just don't post it at all or stick spoiler tags around it.

And just alluding to things into alright. There's nowt worse than someone telling you "Ah you won't believe the twist at the end" and then claiming that that's ok cos they didn't tell you what the twist is.

I don't mean to be a knob about it, but I just don't understand why people feel it necessary to reveal stuff that's happening in active TV shows or films that are currently on at the cinema. It's fairly basic stuff and surely this is a small enough community for etiquette like that to be observed.

Just don't post it at all or stick spoiler tags around it.

And just alluding to things into alright. There's nowt worse than someone telling you "Ah you won't believe the twist at the end" and then claiming that that's ok cos they didn't tell you what the twist is.

I tease, but I agree. It's annoying when you're yet to watch an episode and some bell end on facebook/twitter says "Fucking Hell, Why'd they kill him?!"

Doesn't matter if they don't mention who dies, or how, you're still expecting what was clearly intended to be unexpected and as such it's kind of ruined.

I tease, but I agree. It's annoying when you're yet to watch an episode and some bell end on facebook/twitter says "Fucking Hell, Why'd they kill him?!"

Doesn't matter if they don't mention who dies, or how, you're still expecting what was clearly intended to be unexpected and as such it's kind of ruined.

My stepmother is the worst for this shit. Thankfully I don't watch any of the crap she does but I've witnessed exchanges like this between her and the ex-wife:

Stepmam: Have you seen the latest Downton Abbey?

Ex: No I'm two episodes behind so don't say anything.

Stepmam: Ah it's really..

Ex: I don't want to know (actually sounding a bit rude now)

Stepmam: I'm not gonna say anything but...

Ex: Please don't say any more.

Stepmam: You're gonna be gutted.

Ex: Sigh.

Stepmam: That's all I was gonna say.

Ex: I really didn't want to know that.

Strpmam: Yeah but the ending is so sad.

My stepmother is the worst for this shit. Thankfully I don't watch any of the crap she does but I've witnessed exchanges like this between her and the ex-wife:

Stepmam: Have you seen the latest Downton Abbey?

Ex: No I'm two episodes behind so don't say anything.

Stepmam: Ah it's really..

Ex: I don't want to know (actually sounding a bit rude now)

Stepmam: I'm not gonna say anything but...

Ex: Please don't say any more.

Stepmam: You're gonna be gutted.

Ex: Sigh.

Stepmam: That's all I was gonna say.

Ex: I really didn't want to know that.

Strpmam: Yeah but the ending is so sad.

Your ex clearly deserves it for watching that shit mind.

We're watching the Wire (I've seen it before but she hasn't) and her sister actually said

Ooooh, have you got to the bit where Omar Kills Stringer? That bit floored me!"

Closest I've been to an actual table-flip moment. :lol:

I just don't understand that thought process.

Your ex clearly deserves it for watching that shit mind.

We're watching the Wire (I've seen it before but she hasn't) and her sister actually said

Ooooh, have you got to the bit where Omar Kills Stringer? That bit floored me!"

Closest I've been to an actual table-flip moment. :lol:

I just don't understand that thought process.

It's infuriating man. :lol: Similarly a mate at work laments the moment when he logged into Facebook to be met with a status update that simply read:

Can't believe Stringer Bell is dead

:lol: I mean wtf. I know Facebook wants you to say "what's on your mind" but dont be a total dick.

I know everyone jokes about The Sixth Sense but someone did ruin that for me just after it came out and whilst I was looking forward to seeing it.

Still refuse to watch it out of general huffiness.