Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

My stepmother is the worst for this shit. Thankfully I don't watch any of the crap she does but I've witnessed exchanges like this between her and the ex-wife:

Stepmam: Have you seen the latest Downton Abbey?

Ex: No I'm two episodes behind so don't say anything.

Stepmam: Ah it's really..

Ex: I don't want to know (actually sounding a bit rude now)

Stepmam: I'm not gonna say anything but...

Ex: Please don't say any more.

Stepmam: You're gonna be gutted.

Ex: Sigh.

Stepmam: That's all I was gonna say.

Ex: I really didn't want to know that.

Strpmam: Yeah but the ending is so sad.

This shit drives me mental. I don't know why, but it seems like some people genuinely can't help themselves. What's wrong with waiting a day and talking about it after you've both seen it?

A magazine article I read completely spoilled Fight Club for me. I still appreciate it but ending of it was such a major thing that I don't think there's anyway you can appreciate the film fully knowing the crucial part.

I don't think there was anything spoiling in what I posted about Mr Robot mind. Having said that I did quickly look away from Ant's post until I watched the episode because I didn't want to spoil anything.

Anyway I watched the first two episodes of Blunt Talk and I enjoyed them. I thought Patrick Stewart and Adrian Scarborough were both excellent in it.

I know everyone jokes about The Sixth Sense but someone did ruin that for me just after it came out and whilst I was looking forward to seeing it.

Still refuse to watch it out of general huffiness.

My sister ruined that for me just to be a cow. :lol: I still watched it, but I'd love to know what I would've thought if I hadn't known what happened.

I've just about forgiven her.

Aye, these frustrated Kermode-esque critics coming out with shit like......

Get a fucking grip, man! It's only a telly programme/film of which you all watch far too much anyway! I'm away out for a pint and will watch season 25, episode 9 of 'Whose lob is it, anyway?' followed by episode 43 of 'Who the fuck put this shite on?' (the jukebox).

Don't look if you don't want the end spoiled.

Can we get nested spoilers tags? Sometimes I wanted to know stuff but not too much stuff. Just a bit, you know?

Anyway, you guys should watch Game of Thrones. I was so surprised at the end when the Wall was actually made of frozen grapice and some posh made cunt had to eat it all to save everyone from the White Stalker before he kidnapped everyone with knock knees. Anyway, it turns out that that was a waste of time because the White Stalker wasn't behind the grapice wall at all. He was the cunt who drove the transport cart around winterland, but nobody ever noticed his hidden identity because they avoided the cunt on account of his being a stupid knacker. Then I fucked Daenerys whilst making snorting noises like a dragon. 9/10

The idea that saying that Mr Robot

ripped off Fight Club

isn't a spoiler is as ridiculous as telling someone

the big reveal in Fight Club

and then claiming you haven't spoiled it.

Ant is just being a stubborn bellend maintaining that it wasn't a spoiler. :razz:

But what if you hadn't even started the series? You didn't have the option to be perceptive or not. It was a spoiler, that's all there is to it.

And it's also a nonsense to say that it was obvious from the first episode.

Basically if you tell people what is going to happen in the last episode of a series, it's a spoiler, whether you think they should have known it or not.