Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Few mates are suggesting I watch the following, don't want to start if they don't pass the TT filter;

Designated Survivor

Riverdale

This is Us

DS has its moments but overall it's pretty terrible.

I'd say I lasted about thirteen episodes before ditching it.

All the Michael Palin travel series, but especially Around the World in 80 Days, Pole to Pole and Full Circle should be what you're after, Wolfy

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Decent list, HF, id include a few of those bonefide classics plus a few more to add to the mix

Drama

Breaking bad

sopranos

game of thrones

mad men

house of cards

fargo

the affair

stranger things

The night of

Comedy

curb your enthusiasm

entourage

always sunny in Philadelphia

love

There's bound to be a few obvious Ines I've missed. It really is a golden age for telly right now. 

Thought a box set had to be a series that was finished.

Still wouldn't include GoT or HoC in my list of tip of the top European places dramas either way like, but they would be in the top half.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

How come you could buy a box set of the first 3 series of Breaking Bad then? :razz:

:lol:

Fuck off

I know we're talking about wolfy here but if he meant any ongoing series then surely he would have asked about TV shows and not Box Sets.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Been re watching the Wire recently.  Game of Thrones is my favourite series ever but the Wire is the best that fit's bot HF and Wolfy's criteria.

The wire it will be.

I'll start on this as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

The Handmaid's Tale has been decent viewing so far, although it's already deviating wildly from the book, which makes me worry about the (gulp) second series they're getting...

On 11/06/2017 at 11:19 PM, Meenzer said:

The Handmaid's Tale has been decent viewing so far, although it's already deviating wildly from the book, which makes me worry about the (gulp) second series they're getting...

We've been enjoying it too.  Finished in the US this week so might move from Ch4 pace to kodi to blitz the rest.

Never read the book so can't be annoyed at deviation. Soundtrack has been lush.

hope not, i was looking forward to the seeing the early days of him as saul, rather than just his backstory as jimmy. 

i'm a fan, but the wife has given up. she didn't love breaking bad as much as me and finds it too much of a slow burner. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

hope not, i was looking forward to the seeing the early days of him as saul, rather than just his backstory as jimmy. 

i'm a fan, but the wife has given up. she didn't love breaking bad as much as me and finds it too much of a slow burner. 

People wrote it off too quickly really, it's turned into a great show on it's own. People wanted Saul from the get go but forget he started off as Jimmy Mcgill in a doughnut shop. The process of devolving into the biggest sleaze bag solicitor you could imagine has been a gradual one.

Each character has enough depth about them for viewers to immerse themselves in, I like how they've slowly fizzled out Mike's story this season as the rest of the Breaking Bad crew slowly appear. I think the final season will be tremendous.