Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I really enjoyed this season of better call Saul. The last couple of episodes in particular. Sets up the next season nicely.

Except they're all going to be another two years older as everything will be put back by 18-24 months.

Mike looks like he needs a zimmer frame now, another two years and they're going to be borrowing Hector's wheelchair so Mike can pick a fight with anyone.

Just watched Sound City documentary about the recording studio in Hollywood called, wait for it, Sound City where a lot of big albums were recorded from the 70s to the 90s. And how they had this magical mixing desk, an English brand called Neve.

Interesting watch up until the part when Dave Grohl buys the mixing desk from the now bankrupt studio.

Then it just becomes a big DG circle jerk!

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The book is brilliant and lived up to the hype. 

I really enjoyed this season of better call Saul. The last couple of episodes in particular. Sets up the next season nicely. 

The series definitely improved once Chuck had gone, it was treading water around that point. This season it just got better and better,  the "Bagman" episode was absolutely mint.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

yeah, the first couple of seasons were a slow burn, even by BB's standards, but highly enjoyable nonetheless. they took their time to tell that part of the story and there's no question the past couple of seasons have been more of a ride

On 29/04/2020 at 10:26, Dr Gloom said:

Just started the BBC adaption of Normal People. It’s alright so far, chebs galore, but read the book first. The sex scenes are the worst part of the TV version - just too long and boring 

Just finished the series. Hard to put it into words. Amazing depiction of anxiety though, and tops most of the shite on tv these days 

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just finished the series. Hard to put it into words. Amazing depiction of anxiety though, and tops most of the shite on tv these days 

Read the book If you haven’t already - it’s really, really good. 

On 29/04/2020 at 10:26, Dr Gloom said:

Just started the BBC adaption of Normal People. It’s alright so far, chebs galore, but read the book first. The sex scenes are the worst part of the TV version - just too long and boring 

I'm not getting the massive plaudits this is getting. It's like an Irish Dawson's Creek with a touch of 50 shades of Grey. Acting is good, but Marianne fucks me off, Connell is self pitying and mumbling.  Don't know why I stuck  with it. What am I missing?

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I'm not getting the massive plaudits this is getting. It's like an Irish Dawson's Creek with a touch of 50 shades of Grey. Acting is good, but Marianne fucks me off, Connell is self pitying and mumbling.  Don't know why I stuck  with it. What am I missing?

It was ok. The book was loads better. I found the sex scenes laboured and boring 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Testosterone. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

You’re never going to get those plaudits, time to accept it 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Id say you’re missing a fuck load if you think it’s like an Irish Dawson’s Creek.

For one it’s the best depiction of anxiety I’ve ever seen in TV or Film 

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Id say you’re missing a fuck load if you think it’s like an Irish Dawson’s Creek.

For one it’s the best depiction of anxiety I’ve ever seen in TV or Film 

Well I'll take your word on that as a professional in the field. I'm 90% through though and fuck all has happened. I'm quite partial to a bit of teenage angst but 5 hours of it so far? Really? 

Usually i agree with ratings or at least get why they're as they are even if im not personally keen. I dont get this, I'm  filing under Emperor's new clothes. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It was great tv and Renton is wrong again. 

Fuck me, if you, with your penchant for comic book films, liked it too I'm even more confused. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fuck me, if you, with your penchant for comic book films, liked it too I'm even more confused. 

Soon have you thwipping with the best of them.