Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Must be an English thing.

Mrs. Fist loves it, I can see and appreciate the humour, but it’s not top of my list- I loved The Detectorists though which is a in a similar vein. ( Edit- Don't Forget the Driver is another with Toby Jones, which has a very similar vibe to This Country, but which I liked far more - I think just dislike the characters in This Country). 

Friday Night Dinner is probably up there as the best in a long while , along with Fleabag, but FND beats it for me. 

It’s totally absurd, but rooted in totally relatable characters, whereas Fleabag is posh tarts. :lol:

I like End of the fucking world.too.

But it's been a while since I've seen anything I thought was truly innovative or made me bellyache with laughter. Apart from Mrs Brown's boys of course. 

Edited by Renton

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I like End of the fucking world.too.

But it's been a while since I've seen anything I thought was truly innovative or made me bellyache with laughter. Apart from Mrs Brown's boys of course. 

End of the fucking world was excellent. If you liked that, try sex education. Not as surreal but pretty funny coming of age stuff. Worth watching for Gillian Anderson alone 

You mentioned PeepShow so you should definitely give Back a go (also by Armstrong and Bain) and Fresh Meat from a few years back, not as funny as Peep Show but has its moments. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a window Saturday late morning to watch something as Mrs was "otherwise engaged" so thought I'd give Justice League a go, settled down for the usual 90 minutes of brain in neutral watching. Of course I thought 90 minutes in, that the story hadn't really developed which was all a bit weird, (I hadn't looked being senile) so checked and of course fucking thing is 4 hours long !!! Finished at 3:15 - needless to say Mrs was suitably impressed.

It was OK as these things are, but I must call out the scene with the Flash blokey where he saves a lass from a car crash, it was incredibly well done and visually stunning - worth a watch for that scene alone.

Edited by Toonpack

On 10/05/2021 at 23:29, TheGingerQuiff said:

I've been watching Broken Skull Sessions. Stone Cold Steve Austin interviewing old wrestlers. Amazing.

Watched the Bret Hart episode this morning. Talking about the infamous montreal screw job. Great TV.

Every episode ends with "and that's the bottom liiiiine" as well

I've watched every episode of Line of Duty over the past couple of months due to the wife being hooked on it and I can honestly say it's an absolute pile of shite. The acting is woeful (apart from the always excellent Anna Maxwell Martin) and the writing is terrible with gaping plot holes and ridiculous character progression. It's pretty much the Mrs. Brown's Boys of police procedurals.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I've watched every episode of Line of Duty over the past couple of months due to the wife being hooked on it and I can honestly say it's an absolute pile of shite. The acting is woeful (apart from the always excellent Anna Maxwell Martin) and the writing is terrible with gaping plot holes and ridiculous character progression. It's pretty much the Mrs. Brown's Boys of police procedurals.

Aye I agree. It's gripping-ish, but the acting is bad, not helped by the absolutely shocking dialogue, and the last two seasons have ended with finales that could have been written by high school drama kids. 

On 29/04/2021 at 12:15, Kid Dynamite said:

Wayne on Amazon Prime is good. Similar to end of the fucking world 

just finished this and agree, it's great 

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.png.ac5db77c5de7efab285dabbde38a4019.png

I like the first few series but thought the one prior to this was a bit shite. I couldn’t even be arsed to watch this latest one. 

Well I seem to be in the minority here who love Line Of Duty (but absolutely hate Mrs Browns Boys).  

It might not mean much now but I've also really enjoyed Mare Of Easttown.  Although Guy Pearce has been criminally under used in it.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Made of Easttown is superb. 

I like LoD too. The latest season finale was a bit of a damp squib mind 

I think that all depends on if it's the last one.  If it is then the whole thing has been a waste of time.