Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Spot on that Jerry Seinfeld is smug as fuck as the straight man. But that's also the point, all the characters are detestable. I mean, the same was true of Friends, but the difference is it was intentional with Seinfeld. 

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia came along and did Seinfeld better than Seinfeld ever did it tbh

I should probably watch that rather than rewatch Seinfeld. Sometimes watching stuff again is comforting though for some reason. Got a couple of seasons of Curb to catch up on too. One of my mates really recommended Arrested Development but I couldn't get into it. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Spot on that Jerry Seinfeld is smug as fuck as the straight man. But that's also the point, all the characters are detestable. I mean, the same was true of Friends, but the difference is it was intentional with Seinfeld. 

Seinfeld’s standup is pretty good too. He’s like a New York jew version of Peter Kay with family-friendly observations and nostalgia. He’s got loads of specials on Netflix. 

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't get away with his stand up either. I think I must just have better taste than you two. 

I saw him at the Manchester Arena a decade ago. Don't know if it was just the size of the venue (way too big), but he was fucking rancid, just going through the motions for a huge pay check. I'm not a fan of Seinfeld at all, just love the philosophies discussed in the show. Maybe they should have called it "Costanza". 

I have given it a go. It was just shit. 

And Jason Alexander as Larry David is nothing like Larry David in Curb. 

And besides, Seinfeld doesn't have Leon Black who is the best character in the show. Instead it's got that fucking bellend who keeps wandering in from the flat next door. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I have given it a go. It was just shit. 

And Jason Alexander as Larry David is nothing like Larry David in Curb. 

And besides, Seinfeld doesn't have Leon Black who is the best character in the show. Instead it's got that fucking bellend who keeps wandering in from the flat next door. 

LD based George’s character on himself. He admits as much in one of the early season of Curb

Seinfeld scores higher on IMDB than Curb and is the same as Always Sunny. And George is fucking clearly based on Larry Sanders, he's actually said so. I personally love both shows, mainly for the neurotic tendencies of George and Larry. I can get why people prefer one over the other, but to dismiss the other as "shite" or worse seems odd to me. Perhaps you lot need to educate yourselves with "How to understand comedies for Dummies" or some such.  

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Seinfeld scores higher on IMDB than Curb and is the same as Always Sunny.

Seinfeld was pretty much the biggest ever sitcom in the USA. Tells you all you need to know tbh. The American Mrs. Browns Boys.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Seinfeld was pretty much the biggest ever sitcom in the USA. Tells you all you need to know tbh. The American Mrs. Browns Boys.

Ant needs to make a down tick button for such a ludicrous remark. Firstly because I don't think Seinfeld was bigger than MASH, Cheers, Friends and plenty of others, and secondly its nowt like that abomination you potato eaters inflicted on us. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seinfeld scores higher on IMDB than Curb and is the same as Always Sunny. And George is fucking clearly based on Larry Sanders, he's actually said so. I personally love both shows, mainly for the neurotic tendencies of George and Larry. I can get why people prefer one over the other, but to dismiss the other as "shite" or worse seems odd to me. Perhaps you lot need to educate yourselves with "How to understand comedies for Dummies" or some such.  

Is The Dark Knight still the highest rated film on IMDB?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

LD based George’s character on himself. He admits as much in one of the early season of Curb

Aye but Jason Alexander is an annoying unfunny cunt. Larry David isn't. 

WHAT'S THE DEAL with people that can't understand this point?! 

Bit of Seinfeld stand up for you there. 

Don't think so, if it ever was maybe it was the Fish spamming it. I mean yeah, I'm not saying IMDB is definitive, how can it be when these things are always subjective. But at the same time, it's a fairly good guide to quality. Mrs Brown's boys wouldn't be in the top 100 of comedies for instance. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye but Jason Alexander is an annoying unfunny cunt. Larry David isn't. 

WHAT'S THE DEAL with people that can't understand this point?! 

Bit of Seinfeld stand up for you there. 

I think George is much more believable than Larry. Also actually Larry is confident and generally ridiculously offensive.  Nobody acts like Larry in real life, I know plenty of Georges. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia came along and did Seinfeld better than Seinfeld ever did it tbh

It’s funny for a start