Jump to content

Recommend me something to watch!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was rewatching Breaking Bad and it struck me that it’s similar to Kojak, because there’s police in BB and Walter is Bald and Kojak is a bald policeman. 

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but there's a brilliant documentary on BBC2 about Covid. Two Chinese scientists from the Wuhan research centre, where Trump suspects it was engineered, we

You’ve logged into the wrong forum again. 

Posted Images

On 17/06/2021 at 23:46, Renton said:

Together. Basically a stage play starring Sharon Horgan and James McAvoy. Should really be in the theatre and given the subject matter it's ironic it can't be. You either like these things or you don't, and I do. The family's experience of covid reminded me very much of my own, quite painful to watch but as always with Horgan very funny. McAvoy superb too. 

Just watched this. 
I thought it was excellent- wasn’t sure I’d like it after the first 5 minutes, then it just got better and better. 
I thought Sharon Horgan’s monologue explaining “exponential” was fucking amazing- very well written, and her performance for that bit alone has probably got her some shiny award. 
McAvoy was his usual, excellent self, my only gripe is that his character seemed to have much more development, whereas there were opportunities for Horgan (e.g. her feelings towards her sister), that didn’t get the same treatment as his. 
 

Kid was fucking weird :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just watched this. 
I thought it was excellent- wasn’t sure I’d like it after the first 5 minutes, then it just got better and better. 
I thought Sharon Horgan’s monologue explaining “exponential” was fucking amazing- very well written, and her performance for that bit alone has probably got her some shiny award. 
McAvoy was his usual, excellent self, my only gripe is that his character seemed to have much more development, whereas there were opportunities for Horgan (e.g. her feelings towards her sister), that didn’t get the same treatment as his. 
 

Kid was fucking weird :lol:

 

Yeah, i think McAvoy's character had more potential for progression because he was such a cunt at the start. I'll be honest, their relationship was too close to home for me, I could really emphasise with their predicament. Oh and the mother stuff was hard watching too obviously. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2020 at 22:57, Anorthernsoul said:

My Octopus Teacher. Not your average nature documentary, I thought it was a great watch.

 

just watched this, bit late to the party I know!

brilliant, I defy anybody to watch without welling up a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

 

just watched this, bit late to the party I know!

brilliant, I defy anybody to watch without welling up a bit.

 

Aye I really enjoyed this. No tears cos I'm super macho but it was really good. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Animal Kingdom.

 

Im scraping the barrel these days for shows I haven't seen but this seems alright. It's got a Point Break feel about it 

 

Which one, the original Australian movie or the US TV Series remake. As you like Mr Inbetween (there is a new series btw) you are bound to like the original movie as a lot of the same people are involved.

 

Watching Halt and Catch Fire atm which is interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sammynb said:

 

Which one, the original Australian movie or the US TV Series remake. As you like Mr Inbetween (there is a new series btw) you are bound to like the original movie as a lot of the same people are involved.

 

Watching Halt and Catch Fire atm which is interesting.

The original obviously. The remake was a travesty 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Stardust the Bowie bio pic last night. I really enjoyed it. Admittedly it wasn't Rocketman, Bohemian Rhapsody or The Dirt. No big soundtrack or Hollywood money thrown at it but it didn't matter. The main bulk of the film is set in 1971 when Bowie went to America to promote The Man Who Sold The World album. The guy playing Bowie probably wasn't the best choice. The films obviously very low budget & not sanctioned by the Bowie estate. But honestly none of that matters I really enjoyed it & if you've an hour & a half spare its worth a watch. It got hammered by the critics. But my curiosity got the better of me & I decided to watch it. I'm pleased I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which reminds me, I’ve only seen about 10 minutes of it but the Jimi Hendrix film  starring André 3000 definitely would’ve benefited from being allowed to include Hendrix’s music 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trooper said:

Might watch Sid & Nancy later on, has anyone seen it ?

The one with Gary Oldman as Sid? 
 

Ive seen it, ages ago, but have no memory of it good or bad. 
 

Hope that helps :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Bill and Ted sequel last night - it was predictably disappointing but I realised I now "see" Keanu Reeves as John Wick (I really like those films). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJS said:

I watched the Bill and Ted sequel last night - it was predictably disappointing but I realised I now "see" Keanu Reeves as John Wick (I really like those films). 

 

 

 

giphy - 2021-07-18T120055.800.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission on BBC iPlayer, French programme with bits of American and Russian thrown in about a futuristic mission to Mars. Think 2001/2010 vibes. Really enjoying it so far. (They discover a dead Russian cosmonaut, alive at forty when he should be 90). Canny theme tune at the beginning. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...