Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's class. my little boy has been buzzing for each new episode, as has his man-child dad. 

One of the upsides to lockdown and places being closed has been getting the time to spend time with the kids- me and Jnr. are working through the LOTR films, which he asked for at Christmas, Boba Fett as mentioned, and he’s plundering my music collection for tunes he can learn on his guitar. 
We’ve got a few Marvel movies to catch up in too. 

Miss Fist, meanwhile, deigns us with her presence at meal times and when she wants money :lol:

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

One of the upsides to lockdown and places being closed has been getting the time to spend time with the kids- me and Jnr. are working through the LOTR films, which he asked for at Christmas, Boba Fett as mentioned, and he’s plundering my music collection for tunes he can learn on his guitar. 
 We’ve got a few Marvel movies to catch up in too. 

Miss Fist, meanwhile, deigns us with her presence at meal times and when she wants money :lol:

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

• Haha 1

On 11/01/2022 at 11:41, Dr Gloom said:

there's been loads of good stuff on iplayer lateley. hot on the heels of gods of snooker, i've enjoying a very british scandal and the tourist 

Finally went back and finished this today. Nothing happens, very slowly. :lol: Nicely made though.

• Haha 1

Not sure if it's been said - but Ted Lasso was the perfect dose of brilliance during the pandemic for me. Beg borrow or steal to watch it (it's an apple tv exclusive, but torrents ftw!). Give it 2 episodes , because it deliberately starts  "too silly to be believable"  - but you will

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

@Monkeys Fisthave you watched the Alpinist? If so is it worth it? I got about 20mins in and some cunt from Manchester was hula hooping like a new age hippy

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I've watched it. The bloke isn't as good a subject as the bloke of Free Solo but it's still worth a watch

I’ve not seen it yet but I know of him. 

Where Alex Honnold (Free Solo) is more of an outright rock climber, Leclerc was more of a mountaineer, climbing on mixed ice, snow and rock. He was pretty decent as a rock climber too, but nowhere near Honnold. 

Some of his free solo ascents were insane, tbh, and he was very much an outsider in that he shied away from publicity and competition. 

Is it on Netflix now, because if so I’ll definitely give it a look? 

It's on Sky.

The first 20 or so minutes have been about him living in a stair well and taking a load of acid and looking like a mid 80s Kevin Keegan.  At the time of filming he was mid 20s but looked like he was about 43.  His bird has an absolutely annoying voice too.

I shall try again tonight.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, scoobos said:

Not sure if it's been said - but Ted Lasso was the perfect dose of brilliance during the pandemic for me. Beg borrow or steal to watch it (it's an apple tv exclusive, but torrents ftw!). Give it 2 episodes , because it deliberately starts  "too silly to be believable"  - but you will

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV

I started it and tailed off. I'd put it in the "it's so bad, it's approaching ok" category. The characters are likeable but the jokes are fucking terrible. 

I keep thinking I should go back and finish off what's there, but haven't yet. 

It's insane how popular it is for the actual quality of the show. 

Apologies btw didn't mean to piss on your chips!