Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

25 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Ah there's potential spoilers here, but they seemed to "kill off" some characters in events between Series 5 and 6 so I never got closure. Anyhoo - yup it was mint! Bobbi was the best female action character, I've seen since Ripley in Aliens, I even think she may have been better - loved her raging in the early series.

Averasala in the books is tremendous, swears like a trooper.

books are different enough but characters spot on, that said only into second book now so no idea of real spoilers but it’s subtly different enough so far.

On 06/02/2022 at 12:40, Gemmill said:

Murderville on Netflix is a decent laugh. Will Arnett plays a homicide detective and every episode he gets a new celebrity partner. 

I don't think Arnett knows who he's getting, and the celebrity doesn't have a script so they're basically just improvising. 

By the end of the episode, the celeb has to guess at who the murderer is. 

It sounds nonsense, but Arnett is fucking great and the guests so far have all been good too. 

It's an Americanised version of Murder in Successville. But the UK version had reality tv celebri-whos and was all the funnier for it.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: It’s a light-hearted, easy watch so I can see why you’d hate it

I reckon its just cartoon animation. After being subject to it for 8 years with the kids the last thing i want to watch is an adult cartoon. The Brooker thing though, i just dont get it at all. 

It's long been a studenty area so I do wonder if it's really significantly worse nowadays or if the middle-aged/-class types just have an outlet for their frustrations now. Will give it a watch later anyway, cheers :good:  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

It's long been a studenty area so I do wonder if it's really significantly worse nowadays or if the middle-aged/-class types just have an outlet for their frustrations now. Will give it a watch later anyway, cheers :good:  

There’s a Facebook group around here with lots of middle class on it and it’s constantly dog poo complaints, people parking on curbs and now the horror of postmen dropping elastic bands :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Been a huge rise in student houses and HMOs in Jesmond last decade. The footage on this is pretty bad, looks more akin to Magaluf than anything I remember. It's odd, Jesmond is Newcastles most affluent suburb but has more antisocial behaviour orders than anywhere else in the North East. On paper worse than Meadowell, Pennywell, Byker, even Boldon. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

It’s noticeably worse. 
My first flat was on Lonsdale Terrace, there was the usual student types knocking about with a smattering of Hooray’s. 

It’s feral now, and it’s all the Hoorays/Rugger Buggers - the area between Osbourne Road, Osbourne Avenue and Jesmond Dene Rd sounds like the University Challenge episode of the Young Ones, full of braying cunts. 

Ouch @ both. I somehow had no idea despite relative proximity in Gosforth whenever I'm home & using exactly those streets on my running routes. Mind, I tend to run there at lunchtime or earlier so I suppose they won't have surfaced for the day yet...

• Like 1

Aye, they usually start surfacing around 2pm ,  the first gentle rattle of those fucking Orange scooters going by with two Henriettas on. 

:lol:

I wouldn’t live there for love nor money now, whereas Heaton… 

• Haha 1

Just finished Winter on Fire. A brilliant hard watch made ever so more poignant by recent events in Ukraine. I feel ashamed i was so ignorant to what happened, the people of Ukraine are amazingly brave. Must watch.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Just been doing a bit of work and had the TV on in the background.  It was Green Green Grass supposed spin off from Only Fools and Horses.  What a fucking pile of wank

This is no surprise, since Only Fools and Horses is also a fucking pile of wank. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2