Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

9 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It's set in 1977 2 years before Thatcher

Tory supporting cunt! 😉

Actually it's set in '76 which is when the Pistols were formed but regardless you know exactly what I meant, Thatcherism might be the wrong term for that exact moment but like what is currently happening, the period leading up to was just as dire.

The dramatisation of Ian Curtis/Joy Division, sorry cannot remember what it was called, was a far better example of how things influenced the rise of punk/post-punk.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Tory supporting cunt! 😉

Actually it's set in '76 which is when the Pistols were formed but regardless you know exactly what I meant, Thatcherism might be the wrong term for that exact moment but like what is currently happening, the period leading up to was just as dire.

The dramatisation of Ian Curtis/Joy Division, sorry cannot remember what it was called, was a far better example of how things influenced the rise of punk/post-punk.

Just wartched the first two, which appear to be set in 1975, the year of their first gig at St Martin’s :razz:

Not bad, very Danny Boyle which can only be a good thing…the lad playing Rotten is excellent…

Also watched the first couple of OWK…. pretty good too, funny watching McGregor trying to do a young Alec Guinness  :D

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Just wartched the first two, which appear to be set in 1975, the year of their first gig at St Martin’s :razz:

Not bad, very Danny Boyle which can only be a good thing…the lad playing Rotten is excellent…

Also watched the first couple of OWK…. pretty good too, funny watching McGregor trying to do a young Alec Guinness  :D

You can fuck off anarl 😄

Lydon got it right when he said it was middle class punk.

You do the double take at who is playing Jordan?

Amazed how little Souixsie has featured so far. Jones definitely had a hard on for Chrissy Hynes.

@PaddockLad did you have a listen to the curious creatures podcast, Lol Tolhurst and Budgie? It would make a much better series as long as Danny fucking Boyle wasn’t involved!

22 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The trailer looked fucking shite. 

It definitely looks too ‘polished’ like Sammy says. I’d rather a documentary along the lines of ‘Get Back’. 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It definitely looks too ‘polished’ like Sammy says. I’d rather a documentary along the lines of ‘Get Back’. 

It looked fucking shite, Alex. Don't fear the so called PaddockLad and his limp-wristed interventions. 

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2022 at 14:45, Christmas Tree said:

The Gentlemen

Netflix

10/10

great ganster fun :) 

Oh come on. It was average at best.

But better than what I'm watching right now. The most extraordinary piece of flag shagging I've ever witnessed outside Russia and the US. This is proper arse to mouth flag shagging. At the moment strangely with Diana Ross as centre piece. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

Yeah it's never even crossed my mind to check in on it. Absolute insanity that there's a cost of living crisis sweeping the nation, more and more people are being pushed into poverty, and yet vast swathes of that same nation have spent the last few days celebrating a woman who lives in a literal palace, and wears a gold hat the cost of which could probably feed their kids for life. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah it's never even crossed my mind to check in on it. Absolute insanity that there's a cost of living crisis sweeping the nation, more and more people are being pushed into poverty, and yet vast swathes of that same nation have spent the last few days celebrating a woman who lives in a literal palace, and wears a gold hat the cost of which could probably feed their kids for life. 

How much of tax payers money has been spent on events around the country? Fucking idiots. That's why in large the country is a fucking mess. 

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Proud to say I haven’t watched any of it. Been staying away from Twitter for the same reason 

There'll be millions of us who haven't or have watched a bit like a car slowing down to watch a car crash but we don't count.

After a number of people telling me how good it is, I finally gave in and started watching ‘Stranger Things’.

I’m two episodes in and it’s a bit dull so far. It also seems to be aimed at teenagers or adults who still like watching ‘The Goonies’.

Before I persevere, can anyone tell me a) does it get better, and b) is its target audience adults or children?

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

14 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

After a number of people telling me how good it is, I finally gave in and started watching ‘Stranger Things’.

I’m two episodes in and it’s a bit dull so far. It also seems to be aimed at teenagers or adults who still like watching ‘The Goonies’.

Before I persevere, can anyone tell me a) does it get better, and b) is its target audience adults or children?

My lass likes it. I like the 80s throwback feel of it but i mostly just fuck about on my phone while it's on. 

You're not gonna miss much if you quit now.