Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I watched the first episode of the new and final season of Succession this morning, strangely I'm now watching a documentary about Rupert Murdoch.

The writers of Succession couldn't even begin to get near the real thing, although I love the show. Scary the influence these odious Murdoch cunts have had across the globe.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2023 at 11:27, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, mine are into the same. i'd honestly rather they played the video games than watch some fucking yank loser narrate their way through a game on YT

Latest bit of insanity from my youngest two is watching compilations of US Doritos adverts on YouTube 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Latest bit of insanity from my youngest two is watching compilations of US Doritos adverts on YouTube 

Have they discovered the joys of “unboxing” videos? 
My lad had a minor obsession with them when he was younger- some fucking jellyhead yanks opening wrapped presents or bags of fucking toys. 

(I showed him how to skip to the end, which seemed to get him weaned off them :lol:). 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My lad had a minor obsession with them when he was younger- some fucking jellyhead yanks opening wrapped presents or bags of fucking toys. 

(I showed him how to skip to the end, which seemed to get him weaned off them :lol:). 

They’ve since grown out of Ty Mini Baby Boos. But they used to be bang into them. Anyway, they went through a period during lockdown where they were obsessed with unboxing clips of people opening them. Fucking nuts :lol: 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Never mind jellyhead yanks reaction videos, get them on to remote villagers reaction videos if that's their thing. :lol: 

• Haha 4

I'm watching a Town Called Malice at the moment. Can't decide yet whether is so shite it's good, or just so shite it's shite. I drifting towards the latter so doubt I will get through to the end, despite the female lead being hot as fuck. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm watching a Town Called Malice at the moment. Can't decide yet whether is so shite it's good, or just so shite it's shite. I drifting towards the latter so doubt I will get through to the end, despite the female lead being hot as fuck. 

I take it that this is who you may be referring to? If so, what side is it on because IMDB don’t list that seemingly unimportant information :lol: 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16946130/

90CB6BE6-4F88-4B9B-9D54-2041736DFA04.jpeg

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I take it that this is who you may be referring to? If so, what side is it on because IMDB don’t list that seemingly unimportant information :lol: 

Sky Max, according to Google.

Do you want to go sit by the staring window now?

176c46438d7e950ae06d3c96683617a4abf644b3

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Naah, not her, the lass in question is black, or mixed race anyway (am I allowed to say that now?). Anyhow, I'm watching it on NOW so it must be a Sky thingy. Paul Weller has the briefest ever cameo at the start of episode one. They're obviously hiding the terrible acting and plot flaws through the nostalgic sound track, but tbh it's like listening to Now 6 more than anything with any thought put into it, the choices are too obvious. One of these programmes I watch at the same time as playing Zelda or browsing the web, doing neither well. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sky Max, according to Google.

Do you want to go sit by the staring window now?

176c46438d7e950ae06d3c96683617a4abf644b3

Point is I’d already googled it once, and used a website that lists current & historic tv shows/films. Seeing as this is in the current column, I’d have thought the info would’ve been there and it’s a bit poor that such an oversight occurs on a service dedicated to the medium . Not that I can’t use google. 

I hope this helps you to understand mild irony Dave, and we don’t have any further outbursts from you today or there may be a spell in detention for you . You’re disrupting the whole class and this can’t continue 

image.gif.11259acd2115ad047622986f0bcafc35.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, not her, the lass in question is black, or mixed race anyway (am I allowed to say that now?). Anyhow, I'm watching it on NOW so it must be a Sky thingy. Paul Weller has the briefest ever cameo at the start of episode one. They're obviously hiding the terrible acting and plot flaws through the nostalgic sound track, but tbh it's like listening to Now 6 more than anything with any thought put into it, the choices are too obvious. One of these programmes I watch at the same time as playing Zelda or browsing the web, doing neither well. 

Yeah it sounds like the sort of wanky mockney gangster shite that’s right up my trash tv strasse cheers :good: 

85AE7D95-CDD6-438F-B556-4666EAE8985E.jpeg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Point is I’d already googled it once, and used a website that lists current & historic tv shows/films. Seeing as this is in the current column, I’d have thought the info would’ve been there and it’s a bit poor that such an oversight occurs on a service dedicated to the medium . Not that I can’t use google. 

I hope this helps you to understand mild irony Dave, and we don’t have any further outbursts from you today or there may be a spell in detention for you . You’re disrupting the whole class and this can’t continue 

image.gif.11259acd2115ad047622986f0bcafc35.gif

First page of google has several links to pages which say it's on Sky, Wikipedia article about the Sky Max show and the Sky link to the Sky Max program.

Sounds like you can't use Google at all, sir.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

First page of google has several links to pages which say it's on Sky, Wikipedia article about the Sky Max show and the Sky link to the Sky Max program.

Sounds like you can't use Google at all, sir.

:lol: the first page of my Google was about the Jam song mate . I still think IMDb should list where you can watch current shows, am not wrong about that :huff: 

• Haha 1

Wor lass is currently watching Yellowjackets and I’m canny fucked off that I have to sit here while I could be watching The Devil’s Hour which was next on my list. It’s all a bit young adult fiction.

The Party Down revival was really good, however. Did the original seasons justice and Ken Marino is such an underrated comic actor. 

Also watched Battle Royale for the first time in a couple of years last night and it’s mental how, when everything is getting remade and adapted in the streaming age, nobody has given this a crack. 10 episodes, get the art style nailed, baby you got a new Squid Game brewing

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So one of the things I find utterly fascinating about this board is how perpetual it is and it's all kept for posterity. So watching this Raoul Moat drama now on telly I'm reminded we had a dedicated thread on him. Feels strange to read older versions of current posters, ex posters (such as Manc mag, aka the grey man, aka manc fop-lite), ex versions of Alex, and most of all yourself from more than a decade ago. First page I found this, and a toontastic meme was born.

Fop was a prolific poster and was never heard from again after this timeline. Makes you think. 

Screenshot_20230417_231151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f9c5c11780085513975c9b6ca086aeb.jpg

Edited by Renton

To add an extra layer of weirdness, a bunch of smileys in that thread have got corrupted in our database at some point, so you've got people posting funny lines followed by ":sad:" all over the place :lol:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2