Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On a more depressing note, but also related to the TV program which highlights the social media problem at the time, later in that thread you have Stevie expressing sympathy for Moat and calling his gf "an ugly slag" and Parky actually supporting his behaviour, his shooting and maiming woman, who "deserved it", seriously. Oh, as well as him physically abusing his 9 year old daughter.  I'm glad this place filtered out people like that, absolutely sickening comments.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

On a more depressing note, but also related to the TV program which highlights the social media problem at the time, later in that thread you have Stevie expressing sympathy for Moat and calling his gf "an ugly slag" and Parky actually supporting his behaviour, his shooting and maiming woman, who "deserved it", seriously. Oh, as well as him physically abusing his 9 year old daughter.  I'm glad this place filtered out people like that, absolutely sickening comments.

I did nothing but berate him you desperate old fool.

The thread is on here, 'Double Shooting'.

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, McFaul said:

I did nothing but berate him you desperate old fool.

The thread is on here, 'Double Shooting'.

You fucking didn't like. And yeah, I left a link to the thread for anyone who wants to check for themselves. A few days after the lass is shot and wounded, her partner murdered in cold blood, you write this "His lass is a horrible slag from Scotswood.... and the only evil he ever did to her came from her hideous makes me ashamed to be geordie ugly cunt who magma wouldn't even shag of a sister". Victim blaming at its finest you misogynystic bellend. You even defended him over child abuse you absolute whopper. 

Edited by Renton
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Renton said:

it's a 14 year old thread, tbf. i'm pretty sure we have all said some dumb shit on here over the years that won't have aged well 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a 14 year old thread, tbf. i'm pretty sure we have all said some dumb shit on here over the years that won't have aged well 

Yeah, we've all mellowed but he's straight on here douibling down on it tbh. It's topical because if you watch the drama in question a lot of it is how Moat was glorified on social media, and this place was no exception then unfortunately.

For the record, I can't be arsed with antagonism any more. SInce this that thread I've moved job twice, moved house 3 times, had 2 kids, and lost many loved ones. I think this place is much better not having the radges now tbh, I come on here for a laugh, not an argument. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Don't need to go that far back 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The decision to get prescription stained glasses has helped a lot in that regard.

They're canny like. Now everything is a stained glass window,

image.png.c41d7695dcbb3fa1287b5c8fd94cb1aa.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Is the tv show worth a watch though? 

:lol:

Back on topic, It's a typical ITV drama production. Relatively low budget, mediocre acting, average script, mixture of library footage and filmed scenes which to me are incongruous. A lot of it was filmed in Bradford apparently as the good people of Birtley didn't support it. In a word, no, not really. 

Just now, Renton said:

Back on topic, It's a typical ITV drama production. Relatively low budget, mediocre acting, average script, mixture of library footage and filmed scenes which to me are incongruous. A lot of it was filmed in Bradford apparently as the good people of Birtley didn't support it. In a word, no, not really. 

I saw it was on ITV and assumed as much tbf :lol: 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Also, terrible mackem accents