World Cup Bid

The Fish

England Stadia  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the reasons UEFA like the SOS, is the dressing rooms are the same size, one of the reasons SJP isn't rated as 5 star is because of this, as well as there not being 500 5* hotel rooms in the area, which I find hard to believe.

Actually, the reason why SJP isn't rated 5 star is because it has never been in a bid for a Uefa Champions League or Europa/Uefa Cup Final, otherwise SJP would meet the criteria for 5 star rating. It the same reason why Park Head in Glasgow isn't rated 5 star and many other around Europe.

Rating of a ground is only given when that ground has made a bid of hosting a Final, hopefully the World Cup will also be included in this and SJP will be given the 5 star rating that it deserves, or we could make a bid to host a final in future.

Weren't we shortlisted in 2007 for the UEFA Cup final?

No, Man City was England's bid for that, and eventuall winners as well.

Good thing you didn't get it with all those drunken jock twats trashing the place.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Fulham the other week - it's a quaint old place and no mistake.................

but to be fair the inmates would cut their throats rather than go to the Bridge

• 4 months later...
Approximately 16 stadiums are required with minimum capacities of between 40,000 for group matches and 80,000 for the opening match and final. The Finals are expected to be contested by 32 teams.

I can only think of 12 that are already 40k (or near enough in the case of Hillbrough and Elland Rd), which are the other stadium that could either get away with being 200 seats or so under 40k or have plans to expand?

Wembley, St James', SOS, Old Trafford, Eastlands, Anfield, Ashburton Grove, Villa Park, Stamford, Goodison and the two above.

Aren't Milton Keynes in the process of building a decent sized arena? Don't forget the Olympic Stadium too which no doubt will be used :lol:

Dropping to 25K after The Olympics, no?

Besides which, no chance one city having 3 venues. Capital or not.

How many of the competing countries have 12 40,000+ all-seater stadiums?

I'm sure Australia does.

Indonesia I would doubt.

Japan and Korea each have at least half that number from hosting in 2002

Russia undoubtedly does.

The USA has at least twice that many 60,000+ stadia.

Belgium/Netherlands and Spain/Portugal would surely have that many between the two also.

Couldn't say either way about Qatar, but they could build them no problem.

I'm sure Australia does.

Indonesia I would doubt.

Russia undoubtedly does.

Belgium/Netherlands and Spain/Portugal would surely have that many between the two also.

I doubt it

I'm sure Australia does.

Indonesia I would doubt.

Russia undoubtedly does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footb...diums_in_Russia

America should never get a World Cup. They have no part in the international community in amicable terms, cuntish nation who don't like football. Plus, they only had it in 1994, and what a load of shite it was. Without question this is England's turn now.

I agree. If there is one football nation deserving it, then it is England.

Germany put on a fine World Cup last time round, but even then it should've come here. 1974 - 2006 against 1966 -2018 :lol: We are the only country in the world who has the power to change footballing law, yet we are descriminated against by German-Franco alliances in FIFA and UEFA.

I'm sure Australia does.

Indonesia I would doubt.

Russia undoubtedly does.

Imagine a World Cup in June in Qatar btw :lol:

Germany put on a fine World Cup last time round, but even then it should've come here. 1974 - 2006 against 1966 -2018 :lol:We are the only country in the world who has the power to change footballing law, yet we are descriminated against by German-Franco alliances in FIFA and UEFA.

Eh? You on about the IFAB?

I think I read in World Soccer a while ago about some rumblings within FIFA about their trying to remove the Home Nations permanent seats on that. Nothing has come of it though.

They'd have a point, world football giants such as NI, Wales and Scotland having such a large say on the laws of the game is ridiculous.

Especially when they didn't even invent the game :lol:

Germany put on a fine World Cup last time round, but even then it should've come here. 1974 - 2006 against 1966 -2018 :lol: We are the only country in the world who has the power to change footballing law, yet we are descriminated against by German-Franco alliances in FIFA and UEFA.

I think it was all a bit unfortunate and stupid back then. Germany were the first to apply for it (already in 1993) and already had secured the backing of Europe when England decided they might want to apply for it as well after the success of Euro 1996.