Michael McIntyre

Douggy B

Agree with The Fish, he does the poking fun at regional differences thing to death. The soft southern shite.

Frankie Boyle, Dara O'brien, Jason Manford and Reginald D Hunter all streets ahead of him from the stand-ups I've seen in the last year or so.

I dont like him, just cant watch him. Or Ross Noble-he's a twat. You cant beat Billy lets face it! I also like Dylan Moran and Dara O'Brien. I've seen Jimmy Carr, he's very quick, in the style of Bob Monkhouse, quick short lines, but too many Paedophile jokes for me.

Edited by Toonraider

i like him, not the best comedian ive seen, but still very funny. Going to see Ricky Gervais at Newcastle City Hall in October/November anyone going?

I am, aye.

nice one, should be good, went to see him last year in Sunderland on his FAME tour and he was quality. Tickets sold out in 5 minutes like.

going to see russel howard on the 19th. I think he's hilarious and so quick witted.

This is true, but I reckon his best quality is his affable nature. Crowd doesn't mind his whimsy or the times he relies on old clichés because he's just quite charming.

Re: Gervais, I don't think he's the best stand-up out there by a long way, but he's certainly one of the best writers. The character he rattles off on stage is a brilliant creation too.

His strengths are varied, but a favourite of mine is his ability to mime out a scene, playing the various characters without resorting to extremes a la Lee Evans. It's the situation that's absurd, not the people found in it. Perfect example is the fella in the boat chasing the elephants. He doesn't have the boatsman explode with indignation, huge gestures like you'd expect from Evans.

but like I say, he's not a great stand up

going to see russel howard on the 19th. I think he's hilarious and so quick witted.

This is true, but I reckon his best quality is his affable nature. Crowd doesn't mind his whimsy or the times he relies on old clichés because he's just quite charming.

Re: Gervais, I don't think he's the best stand-up out there by a long way, but he's certainly one of the best writers. The character he rattles off on stage is a brilliant creation too.

His strengths are varied, but a favourite of mine is his ability to mime out a scene, playing the various characters without resorting to extremes a la Lee Evans. It's the situation that's absurd, not the people found in it. Perfect example is the fella in the boat chasing the elephants. He doesn't have the boatsman explode with indignation, huge gestures like you'd expect from Evans.

I recently bought my son his DVD and thats very true. I'm not mad on him but like you say he's such a good lad I like him.

I tried to get tickets for Plymouth July 3rd as my son likes him and its his birthday but sold out :aye:

I have lots of time for Gervais, he plays the arsehole quite a lot in his mainstream stuff, but he's more himself on the podcasts where you can see he's a normal bloke who'd rather stay at home in his holey joggers playing "cock or balls?".

Having said that, he's dissappointed with a lot of his film choices. For someone so critical of celebrity culture, who's expressed disdain for anyone chasing fame/exposure ever more desperately, he doesn't half do some donkeys just for the sake of raising his profile.

Stephen Merchant seems to have been the one who's stuck by the principal they've constantly written about. 24, Green Wing, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Hot Fuzz shit on Night at the Museum, Night at the Museum 2, Stardust and Valiant.

Edited by Happy Face

Kevin Bridges was the best act on his roadshow.

The crisps gag was quality.

Was he the Canadian?

Nah, the scottish lad who said a pound was good value for not getting stabbed in the current economic climate.

Ugly fucker.

Personally I would say he is one of the best, along with Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey, Frankie Boyle, Russell Howard, Al Murrary and i quite liked that Scottish bloke in that vid btw, reminds me a bit of Joe Pasquale for some reason, but a more stern, scottish version lol.