Photos from the North East

trophyshy

Looked it up and yes it is the place. Easy to access too Stevie if you're interested. I haven't been up there for fucking years. Clicky here for how to get there.

Loads of good walks around there like. Also get a few ralley's going on as well. We usually walk over simonside and/or thrunton if around Rothbury or head through and up to the Cheviots (Windy Gyle) as we've done more recently.

• 2 years later...

Found these on my phone that I took a couple of months ago.

20120803124448.jpg

20120803124455.jpg

20120803124411.jpg

20120803122515.jpg

20120803125507.jpg

20120803130755.jpg

Shame about the light issues on the one with the sandcastle.

• 2 weeks later...

Think someone posted them when they went up.

Wonder where number 9 is from, should be identifiable with a church behind a rugby club. Thought it might be Percy park RFC with Christ Church behind, but think the proximity of them is too close.

Wonder where number 9 is from, should be identifiable with a church behind a rugby club. Thought it might be Percy park RFC with Christ Church behind, but think the proximity of them is too close.

Possibly Cullercoats? If it is my mate lives right next to there.

Have to say, that was what I was thinking when I saw that pic.

Possibly Cullercoats? If it is my mate lives right next to there.

If it is I just bought a house behind that church.....they'd have to be playing right on the seafront though, perhaps where that park is now.

EDIT: Talking shite, the bell tower is on the sea side, so it could be Tynemouth Park they're playing on.

Could # 9 be RGS playing fields, the church being the one at the top of Osborne Rd. ( St. George's I think)?

#s 5-7 are of Paddys Market , where the current Quayside market is. My mother used to say our bedrooms were " like Paddy's market" when we were kids :lol:

• 3 months later...

I was sent a link to an online collection of over 1000 pics of Newcastle taken from 1940-1970s by one bloke, Laszlo Torday, a Hungarian chemical engineer who moved here in 1940

There's alot to wade through, but there are some fascinating pictures.

• 8 months later...

I just stumbled upon this guy's photos, there are a lot, may stimulate some memories for lercals and exiles alike.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/h...4E097D0D715519A

McCreery-Mirandinha%20and%20Others%20in%

etc etc, hundreds of 'em.

100 toontastic points to whoever names the 4 in the bath?

The lad who sits at the next desk to me says the lad on the far right is Jeff Wrightson. They played together for Wallsend BC.

Great stuff MF, spent loads of time down the fish quay when a nipper, remember some of those boats, especially the bigger trawlers, there were two of them almost identical, green hulls, cream upper-works and red funnels and lots of rust, I all but saw that particular photo in colour when it came up, mental old git !!!

Oh Aye, Brimms cranes were red

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What the fuck were they for? 

I remember seeing them about, but never figured out their purpose. 

Were they cabins for replacement drivers to sit in and build up their stroppiness? 

:dunno: 

Sounds as plausible as owt else? :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

There was once a particularly stroppy bus driver round ours and years later I discovered wor lasses father* had been regularly 'climbing aboard' said stroppy driver's wife.

*He was divorced from the Mother in law by that time.

• Haha 4