Photos from the North East

trophyshy

that is a lovely shot. have you 'fixed' it at all?

A slight crop and a boost of the contrast and clarity on Lightroom.

It's my wallpaper, do I need to paypal you something? :yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Barrack Road

IMG_0095.jpg

I can't claim to have taken this photo, but it just emphasises to me what beauty we have on our doorstep. It's where I hope to live one day Heddon on the Wall, I've even got the street earmarked, the toon own a house on this street, Duncan Ferguson and Robert lived there. So, so beautiful. Truly not being biased, but the Tyne Valley up to Hexham is as good as anywhere in England in my view.

It is. Being a boring old fucker I like to walk around Northumberland. I was out just at the weekend there walking 10mile around Allen Banks, Planky Mill & Staward Gorge. Some cracking landscape.

IMG_0095.jpg

I can't claim to have taken this photo, but it just emphasises to me what beauty we have on our doorstep. It's where I hope to live one day Heddon on the Wall, I've even got the street earmarked, the toon own a house on this street, Duncan Ferguson and Robert lived there. So, so beautiful. Truly not being biased, but the Tyne Valley up to Hexham is as good as anywhere in England in my view.

Aye love Heddon like, Its in wallking distance from me, a few of us used to have a wander up, nipping into the Masons on the way. Took the car up recently and got charged £2 for a pint or orange squash in the 3 tones - ripping bastards. Horsleys nice as well

IMG_0095.jpg

I'd quite like to live in the Tyne valley but that would mainly be for access reasons for the likes of the Lake District, Scotland, and Newcastle rather than the place itself. Not trying to be insulting or flaming here, but I can't see much particularly out of the ordinary in that photo and can't see how it compares at all with the Lakes or Cornwall let alone Scotland? There's generic wheat fields and even power lines in the middle ground. The beauty of landscapes is subjective I guess.

I'd quite like to live in the Tyne valley but that would mainly be for access reasons for the likes of the Lake District, Scotland, and Newcastle rather than the place itself. Not trying to be insulting or flaming here, but I can't see much particularly out of the ordinary in that photo and can't see how it compares at all with the Lakes or Cornwall let alone Scotland? There's generic wheat fields and even power lines in the middle ground. The beauty of landscapes is subjective I guess.

Nice part of the world but not even the nicest part of Northumberland imo. Love the drive through the Tyne Valley on the way to the Lakes though. Obviously taking the detour via Alston and through the North Pennines.

Guest Barrack Road
IMG_0095.jpg

Cornwall is shite, barren and spooky really see no attraction there. There aren't many better little country villages than Wylam imo, Heddon is lovely, it's all fantastic, Corbridge all steeped in history, there's no where in England better than the Tyne Valley imo, you get up to Hexham go to the top where the racecourse is you're a mile up in the sky looking down its incredible and like I say there's no where like it in England in my view. The lakes are more dramatic I agree, but there's been more deforestation there than the TV, I just find it prettier, but places like Grasmere are outstanding. As for Scotland, why mention Scotland?

Cornwall is shite, barren and spooky really see no attraction there. There aren't many better little country villages than Wylam imo, Heddon is lovely, it's all fantastic, Corbridge all steeped in history, there's no where in England better than the Tyne Valley imo, you get up to Hexham go to the top where the racecourse is you're a mile up in the sky looking down its incredible and like I say there's no where like it in England in my view. The lakes are more dramatic I agree, but there's been more deforestation there than the TV, I just find it prettier, but places like Grasmere are outstanding. As for Scotland, why mention Scotland?

I know you were specifically talking about England but as Scotland is so near us I thought it was relevant. It's got some of the best scenery in the planet imo. This year I have been to Mauritius already and will be going to France, NW Scotland and Mexico later on but it's the Scottish trip I'm looking forward to most (weather permitting - it's shit in the rain). The landscape around Torridon is surreal - I'll not post any photos though as this is an NE thread.

The Tyne valley just looks quite ordinary to me. As Alex says there's far more beautiful places in Northumberland, especially along the coast imo. I like Corbridge and would like to live there but I'm not sure its worth the premium on house prices tbh.

I love that Alston road as well. When you get to the top of the pass and the Lakes are spread out before you - happy times.

Guest Barrack Road

I know you were specifically talking about England but as Scotland is so near us I thought it was relevant. It's got some of the best scenery in the planet imo. This year I have been to Mauritius already and will be going to France, NW Scotland and Mexico later on but it's the Scottish trip I'm looking forward to most (weather permitting - it's shit in the rain). The landscape around Torridon is surreal - I'll not post any photos though as this is an NE thread.

The Tyne valley just looks quite ordinary to me. As Alex says there's far more beautiful places in Northumberland, especially along the coast imo. I like Corbridge and would like to live there but I'm not sure its worth the premium on house prices tbh.

I love that Alston road as well. When you get to the top of the pass and the Lakes are spread out before you - happy times.

I agree regarding Scotland, even the borders have beautiful scenery, when you go the slow way through Ponteland to Edinburgh, you get to the border the view is unbelievable at the top. Perthshire's gorgeous too and of course the West Coast, even the area West of Glasgow is absolutely amazing. I bet half of the jocks don't appreciate what they have.

Regarding the coast, I find coasts boring, I like greenery and dramatic hills and valleys, but Bamburgh Beach is in the top 10 places of natural beauty in this country especially with the castle as the backdrop.

Just booked a week on Mull for September btw. I've actually stayed at the same place before and it's absolutely lush. Thought I'd go for a week as you've at least some chance of getting some decent weather. Plus, we can take the dog there.

I agree regarding Scotland, even the borders have beautiful scenery, when you go the slow way through Ponteland to Edinburgh, you get to the border the view is unbelievable at the top. Perthshire's gorgeous too and of course the West Coast, even the area West of Glasgow is absolutely amazing. I bet half of the jocks don't appreciate what they have.

Regarding the coast, I find coasts boring, I like greenery and dramatic hills and valleys, but Bamburgh Beach is in the top 10 places of natural beauty in this country especially with the castle as the backdrop.

Spent some time in Balloch recently and that has some gorgeous scenery when you look out off Balloch Bridge. Even taking their train service from there into Glasgow has some beautiful stuff, especially if the sun's out.

Just booked a week on Mull for September btw. I've actually stayed at the same place before and it's absolutely lush. Thought I'd go for a week as you've at least some chance of getting some decent weather. Plus, we can take the dog there.

I love Mull. You should climb Ben More weather permitting. :lol:

The best months for the west coast are June and September apparently so you might be OK. The main problem I have with Scotland is the difficulty getting there and the lack/expense of accomodation when you do get there, coupled with random weather and insects that can practically bite your leg off.

:lol:

I love Mull. You should climb Ben More weather permitting. :lol:

The best months for the west coast are June and September apparently so you might be OK. The main problem I have with Scotland is the difficulty getting there and the lack/expense of accomodation when you do get there, coupled with random weather and insects that can practically bite your leg off.

Took a nice photo of Ben More from the hill next to the place we're staying at, as it happens. Quite fancy giving it a try actually and it's close to the place we're staying at.

Everyone thinks the Highlands are beautiful (which they are) but the Borders are very underrated imo.

Couldnt agree more, I went to school in Kelso and it's a stunning area. Most people think Northumberland and The Borders are just places you travel through to get to the Highlands and Edinburgh but for me they are the best areas in Britain to live. Pity theres no decent work like but there you go :lol:

Alnwick was named as the best place in England to live a few years back by Country Life magazine and they described the area between Newcastle and Edinburgh as the last unspoilt area in the UK outside of the Highlands. Property prices subsequently went therough the roof, but not before I bought a bungalow in the village where I was brought up which has trebled in price. This is the view from the bedroom window in the house where I was brought up....

phonepiccies005.jpg

my old man's beehives, high up in the Cheviots...he makes his own honey :)

phonepiccies007.jpg