Photos from the North East

trophyshy

Is that a holiday home then PL or do you live there? The Cheviots are fantastic and then there's the stunning coast nearby - Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Alnmouth. Like you say though there's no work and its a bit too far to commute to Newcastle.

Is that a holiday home then PL or do you live there? The Cheviots are fantastic and then there's the stunning coast nearby - Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Alnmouth. Like you say though there's no work and its a bit too far to commute to Newcastle.

I rent it out as I now live in Poole in Dorset....another great place to live, but I'm doing 12 hour nights in the RN/BAE shipyard in Portsmouth which is a 50 mile drive as theres no fuckin work in Dorset either :)

The shipyard is just like home really...full of exiled jocks and geordies from swan hunters :lol:

Property speculators are what helped make the economy go boom-then-bust (and, indirectly, this election so meaningless). I propose a lifetime ban. :lol:

:)

Can't disagree with much of that, but I was brought up in the village and the girl who rents it out is from there too....it also made a change for a "local" to buy a property in the village rather than the more usual lawyer or accountant from Newcastle or Edinburgh to use as a holiday home. The girl sent her kids to the village school and uses the pub and shops, which is more than your average professional career type person usually does, the villages surrounding Kelso are full of these types and they don't really contribute much to village life B)

Everyone thinks the Highlands are beautiful (which they are) but the Borders are very underrated imo.

Couldnt agree more, I went to school in Kelso and it's a stunning area. Most people think Northumberland and The Borders are just places you travel through to get to the Highlands and Edinburgh but for me they are the best areas in Britain to live. Pity theres no decent work like but there you go :lol:

Alnwick was named as the best place in England to live a few years back by Country Life magazine and they described the area between Newcastle and Edinburgh as the last unspoilt area in the UK outside of the Highlands. Property prices subsequently went therough the roof, but not before I bought a bungalow in the village where I was brought up which has trebled in price. This is the view from the bedroom window in the house where I was brought up....

phonepiccies005.jpg

my old man's beehives, high up in the Cheviots...he makes his own honey :)

phonepiccies007.jpg

Wow

• 1 month later...

Oh ok then :icon_lol:

Top 5 are from in and around Lanchester where I live. Most as you can tell I took this last winter. The bottom two are from Thrunton Woods up near Rothbury which is one of the walks I do a couple of times a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Few more. These are from the weekend. I was walking up in the cheviots. This walk is along the Coquet Valley (Just north of Rothbury) and then up to Windy Gyle (3rd highest in the cheviots) and runs along the Scottish Border.

dsc_00471.jpg

dsc_00671.jpg

dsc_00751.jpg

dsc_00771.jpg

dsc_004311.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.roscophotographic.com/gallery_8669.html

My friend's a self-taught photographer, worth a look at his "North of England" stuff.

A random bump like - but some of those are class.

I still haven't got round to teaching myself the basics of photography. :lol:

Kinda what Im in the throws of. Thoroughly enjoying it like.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gordon McKeag

Jaw D apparently there's a point in the Simonside Hills near Rothbury where you can see the entire coastline from Whitley to Berwick, is this true? How do you get to it?

Jaw D apparently there's a point in the Simonside Hills near Rothbury where you can see the entire coastline from Whitley to Berwick, is this true? How do you get to it?

Doesnt ring a bell like. Can't recall seeing any of the coast on the walks Ive done. Not to say you can't like but it was take some vantage point and a clear day to see the coast from there.

Doesnt ring a bell like. Can't recall seeing any of the coast on the walks Ive done. Not to say you can't like but it was take some vantage point and a clear day to see the coast from there.

Is it not Simonside Crag?

Is it not Simonside Crag?

Well thats the highest point around there, Tosson hill i think it is. I just cant recall any coastal view.