Harper

Craig

..... much much worse! These pics made me shudder.

79651701.jpg

79651702.jpg

To think we could have had Schmeichel for a lesser amount than this clown. ;)

Didn't he make the 1990 World Cup squad btw?

;) ;)

Aye - walked away with a bronze medal. Quite how I haven't got a fucking clue. He was a calamity and a half - I was amazed we got all but £100k back for him too! Chelsea were fucking mugs.

Guest alex

;) ;)

Aye - walked away with a bronze medal. Quite how I haven't got a fucking clue. He was a calamity and a half - I was amazed we got all but £100k back for him too! Chelsea were fucking mugs.

He was a late call-up for someone injured iirc.

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Shilton was first choice, Chris Woods was understudy and Seaman (still at QPR then) was 3rd choice.

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Shilton was first choice, Chris Woods was understudy and Seaman (still at QPR then) was 3rd choice.

While I'm on it we had 4 international goalkeepers on our books that season and still finished bottom of the league:

Beasant - England

Wright - Northern Ireland

Kelly - Republic of Ireland

Thomas - Wales

Guest alex

Was it Seaman? Suppose it would have been. Gary Bailey was shite as well and he went to at least one WC too I think.

Guest alex

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

While I'm on it we had 4 international goalkeepers on our books that season and still finished bottom of the league:

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

Tommy Wright was the best by far like. Did Beasant ever play for England?

Was it Seaman? Suppose it would have been. Gary Bailey was shite as well and he went to at least one WC too I think.

Bailey went in 1986 and yes, was absolutely gash.

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

Tommy Wright was the best by far like. Did Beasant ever play for England?

Think he did after he left us.

EDIT: According to Wiki, he has two caps, both won in 1989.

Guest Stevie

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

Thomas was away before that season.

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

He wasn't.... played a couple of games IIRC

Guest Stevie

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

88/89? No chance.

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

88/89? No chance.

He was definitely still there - I remember all 4 of them being on the team photo.

EDIT:

...He left Bristol completely in 1983 to join Newcastle United for £50,000.

Thomas appeared regularly for Newcastle as they won promotion to the top-flight in 1984. He was the club's first choice goalkeeper for the 1985–86 and 1986–87 seasons. In September 1986, he won his first and only international cap for Wales, in a European Championship qualifier against Finland.

After a spell on loan to local rivals Middlesbrough, Thomas was sold to Division Two Birmingham City for £75,000 in October 1988....

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Thomas_(footballer)

Guest Stevie

;) ;)

Yep - Seaman.

Beasant - England

Thomas - Wales

88/89? No chance.

He was definitely still there - I remember all 4 of them being on the team photo.

Aye and he signed for Birmingham before the season started.

Guest alex

Understudy to Kevin Carr, need I say more? Played a handful of games the season before I think Craig, which is probably what you remember. I think Kelly was number one that season (i.e. 87/88).

Guest Stevie
Understudy to Kevin Carr, need I say more? Played a handful of games the season before I think Craig, which is probably what you remember. I think Kelly was number one that season (i.e. 87/88).

He was, good keeper too, bit small but tremendous reflexes. His major flaw was he could never reach the halfway line with his kicks.