Aston Villa 1-0 Newcastle United

Smitheh

Milner's a lot more useful on a football pitch than an unspent £12mil at any rate.

That, along with the Given sale, has to be the ultimate definition of false economy.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new girlfriend is Villa lads. It's going to hurt her more than me if we go down.

so you'll start beating her rather than selfharming?

Milner's a lot more useful on a football pitch than an unspent £12mil at any rate.

That, along with the Given sale, has to be the ultimate definition of false economy.

Quite. :good:

False economies have become something of an Ashley trademark. He thought taking the buying of players out of the manager's hands would prevent money being wasted; one way and another it's ended up costing him untold millions. He'll know exactly how many by about five-to-six this Sunday.

How I wish his own losses weren't inextricably linked to our club's decline. I'd have a fucking party to celebrate them.

You can add N'Zogbia to that, as much as he was a moaning, erratic frustration he has pace, a bit of skill and can do something special/the unexpected at times which we really could have done with.

Fair enough that he didn't want to be here so it sort of made sense to sell, but am I right in thinking that we got the princely sum of 4 million and Ryan Taylor for him...I'd have rather got 4 million and no Taylor at all.

EDIT- just realised it was 6 not 4 million we got, not so bad, still he wasnt replaced whatsoever and we got piece of shit Taylor's wages to pay.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Sad truth is that noone in our team can score a goal, spare our strikers. We must have the worst goal return from midfielders in the league, and as far as I'm aware Steven Taylor is the only defender of ours who has scored (scratch that Dave Edgar also got one).

Player, Games, Goals, Assists

Ameobi, 21, 4, 1

Barton, 9, 1 (PK), 1

Bassong, 30, 0, 0

Beye, 23, 0, 1

Butt, 32, 0, 1

Cacapa, 6, 0, 1

Carroll, 14, 3, 0

Coloccini, 33, 0, 0

Duff, 29, 3, 1

Edgar, 10, 1, 1

Geremi, 15, 0, 3

Guthrie, 23, 2, 3

Jonas, 30, 0, 3

Enrique, 25, 0, 2

Lovenkrands, 11, 3, 0

Martins, 23, 8, 2

Nolan, 10, 0, 2

Owen, 27, 8, 0

Smith, 6, 0, 0

R. Taylor, 11, 0, 1

S. Taylor, 26, 4, 1

Xisco, 5, 1, 0

Viduka, 11, 0, 2

Hopeless.

That's 38 goals.

27 came from forwards.

6 from midfielders.

5 from defenders.

27 assists in total.

5 from forwards.

14 from midfielders.

8 from defenders.

SHITE.

Sad truth is that noone in our team can score a goal, spare our strikers. We must have the worst goal return from midfielders in the league, and as far as I'm aware Steven Taylor is the only defender of ours who has scored (scratch that Dave Edgar also got one).

Player, Games, Goals, Assists

Ameobi, 21, 4, 1

Barton, 9, 1 (PK), 1

Bassong, 30, 0, 0

Beye, 23, 0, 1

Butt, 32, 0, 1

Cacapa, 6, 0, 1

Carroll, 14, 3, 0

Coloccini, 33, 0, 0

Duff, 29, 3, 1

Edgar, 10, 1, 1

Geremi, 15, 0, 3

Guthrie, 23, 2, 3

Jonas, 30, 0, 3

Enrique, 25, 0, 2

Lovenkrands, 11, 3, 0

Martins, 23, 8, 2

Nolan, 10, 0, 2

Owen, 27, 8, 0

Smith, 6, 0, 0

R. Taylor, 11, 0, 1

S. Taylor, 26, 4, 1

Xisco, 5, 1, 0

Viduka, 11, 0, 2

Hopeless.

That's 38 goals.

27 came from forwards.

6 from midfielders.

5 from defenders.

27 assists in total.

5 from forwards.

14 from midfielders.

8 from defenders.

SHITE.

Very true, if you're relying on injury prone strikers as the only players in your team who can score, your fucked.

Given for the rest of the season or Milner for all of the season, probably either would have got us 1 point. You have to hope some lessons have been learnt. :)

Given for the rest of the season or Milner for all of the season, probably either would have got us 1 point. You have to hope some lessons have been learnt. :)

Perhaps but I'd rather we weren't an educational project for clueless chumps.

Perhaps but I'd rather we weren't an educational project for clueless chumps.

Aye, but we are. :aye: And if they haven't then we have to look forward to a bare minimum team and squad for Championship survival. :rolleyes:

Little bit of good news on the ref front (Dotcom)

Referee: Chris Foy - on the day that we desperately need a third away win of the season, the whistler who presided over our other two is in charge.

As well as the 3-0 success at Pompey and the 3-2 victory at West Brom, the Merseyside-based official was the referee for the 1-1 draw at Stoke.

Foy also took charge of the Carling Cup home defeat at the hands of Spurs and last season refereed our opening day success at Bolton. The season before, he was the referee in the 4-1 away win at the mackems that marked Alan Shearer's final competitive goal - and appearance.

Both Young's are struggling atm. But I think Ashley will play.

Friedel

Cuellar Davies Knight Shorey

Milner Petrov Barry Young

Carew Gabby

Probably.

Or possibly a back four of Gardner/NRC Davies Cuellar Shorey

Edited by The messenger

Both Young's are struggling atm. But I think Ashley will play.

Friedel

Cuellar Davies Knight Shorey

Milner Petrov Barry Young

Carew Gabby

Probably.

Or possibly a back four of Gardner/NRC Davies Cuellar Shorey

Why is O'Neill persisting with a 4-4-2 when it was a 4-5-1 that got you where you are in the table?

Results have been abysmal since the switch.

Edited by Danny B

Don't know. I prefer 4-5-1 myself, not because we looked better then, but I simply feel a diamond offers much more then 4-4-2.

Surely there must be disquiet amongst the fans?

O'neil needs to man up and admit that hes wrong.

Don't know. I prefer 4-5-1 myself, not because we looked better then, but I simply feel a diamond offers much more then 4-4-2.

:lol:;)

Pots and fucking kettles Dougie!

Wrong about what? Must be some spurs thing thinking you know better then your manager.

Think most people would like to see 4-5-1 away from home, but they also got complete faith in MON. Looking to improve our position for third year running, and I can't remember the last time that happend.

Edited by The messenger

Can you try 2-2-1? :lol:

having seen 2 relegations before, this season has been nothing other than a complete winding down process for me.

The writing was on the wall 18 months ago when it became obvious Ashley was going to drag us down to where it was under McKeag, Seymour and all their cronies.

Still support the team though. I've paid for my ticket for the next 2 years. Maybe we are mugs and our own worst enemy, but in my case I just want to see this club win a meaningful trophy again before I pop my clogs or can't go to games again, so for that reason if nowt else I'm keeping my ticket on in case I can't get it back.