Aston Villa 1-0 Newcastle United

Smitheh

It's just a shame we don't actually have a winger to exploit a possibly shakey Milner. Guti could probably run at him but that's about it.

They'll just cancel each other out. Hard working no end product.

I think we'll get a point, but i think Hull will too.

There might be an explosion with the pair of them running full pelt and over-hitting crosses/doing fuck all on the same wing.

Also, I'm petrified the weird looking freak will score against us to send us down.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Tbf Milner has a lot more end product than Jonas.

That's only because Jonas has none.

Quite. Milner gets a few assists and goals generally though. Especially in both his spells at Villa.

Guest alex
Agreed. I wonder if his 4 goals a season would have done anything dramatic for us. I'd have liked to have kept N'Zogbia too.

Milner, N'Zogbia and Given could easily have made the difference, assuming we go down by a point or whatever.

Tbf Milner has a lot more end product than Jonas.

That's only because Jonas has none.

Quite. Milner gets a few assists and goals generally though. Especially in both his spells at Villa.

Yeah, i never rated Milner but he's offers alot more than any of the midfielders we currently have.

Not sure about Ricky. The defence for the game(assuming Beye and Ricky are out)

Raylor--Collo--Taylor--Duff

Back up of Cacapa/Edgar.

Collo against Carew/Heskey?

fml.

Nevermind Collo.....Raylor is a disaster waiting to happen. I know we've had some shocking defenders at Newcastle but he's got to be up there with the worst. of them. Terrible terrible buy......it makes you wonder whether they bought him based on his appearances against the Toon. Where is Geremi? Is he injured? He can play RB and is also a damn sight better at set pieces as well.

Agreed. I wonder if his 4 goals a season would have done anything dramatic for us. I'd have liked to have kept N'Zogbia too.

Milner, N'Zogbia and Given could easily have made the difference, assuming we go down by a point or whatever.

Not sure about N'Zogbia but I'm convinced if Given had stayed we would be safe now. Should never had sold him, if he wanted to go....tough....he'd have to wait until the end of season. What's the point giving loyal service to a club then leaving when they need you the most?

Edited by duo

I remember at the Wigan game(home), they were down to 10 men. Enrique was having a nightmare of a game, and a bit of pace running at them would have scared the shit out of them. Kinnear brought him on and he completely turned the game around. I know he had a poor season in general, but when you see how slow our midfied is and how blunt Duff is on the left, it was absolute insanity selling him on/swapping him for Raylor. Then with the money from Given, we bought Nolan.

Jesus, I'm getting all worked up thinking about this idiocy.

Back up of Cacapa/Edgar.

fml.

Nevermind Collo.....Raylor is a disaster waiting to happen. I know we've had some shocking defenders at Newcastle but he's got to be up there with the worst. of them. Terrible terrible buy......it makes you wonder whether they bought him based on his appearances against the Toon. Where is Geremi? Is he injured? He can play RB and is also a damn sight better at set pieces as well.

I remember some being quite happy about getting Nolan/R. Taylor.

Guest alex

I remember at the Wigan game(home), they were down to 10 men. Enrique was having a nightmare of a game, and a bit of pace running at them would have scared the shit out of them. Kinnear brought him on and he completely turned the game around. I know he had a poor season in general, but when you see how slow our midfied is and how blunt Duff is on the left, it was absolute insanity selling him on/swapping him for Raylor. Then with the money from Given, we bought Nolan.

Jesus, I'm getting all worked up thinking about this idiocy.

Aye, ignoring Given there's no real problem with peddling players like N'Zogbia and Milner. It's the replacements that are the problem, obviously. We should never have been doing one-for-one swaps anyway as it was obvious to anyone with a clue about the club that the squad lacked depth (which is an understatement).

Guest alex

Back up of Cacapa/Edgar.

fml.

If it had been my job to scout / recommend those two I'd have expected the sack, which is more to the point.

Back up of Cacapa/Edgar.

fml.

I think people were just happy we were getting bodies in. Nolan came as an experienced PL centre mid, but had been poor since fat sam left Bolton.

People were happy with Raylor as everytime he played against us, he played out of his skin. Turns out hose 5 games he played against us were his best ever.

Did anyone think he was going to get that free-kick on target against Fulham, btw? 20 yards out, right in front of the goal.

I was quite happy about Nolan.....he seemed a decent player at Bolton. :good: And lets face it we needed bodies in.

Geremi's definitely a miles better footballer than Ryan Taylor like. Taylor hardly gives you anything more in terms of mobility either as he's slow as fuck, and Guthrie's set pieces are better than Taylor's as well so he adds nothing at all. What a shit signing.

I was quite happy about Nolan.....he seemed a decent player at Bolton. :good: And lets face it we needed bodies in.

Well i thought that he was gonna be a decent relegation battler...

:)

Not interested in fuckin you off by gloating, and you did get a good deal, but Milner IS a class act. One of the two most talented players in the Villa side methinks. He is more a right sided midfielder or central attacking player then an out and out winger, but he really is a very good player.

Ideally I want to see him in an attacking central role with a new right sided midfielder ( Bentley perhaps), but MON insists on 4-4-2.

Not interested in fuckin you off by gloating, and you did get a good deal, but Milner IS a class act. One of the two most talented players in the Villa side methinks. He is more a right sided midfielder or central attacking player then an out and out winger, but he really is a very good player.

Ideally I want to see him in an attacking central role with a new right sided midfielder ( Bentley perhaps), but MON insists on 4-4-2.

I think a few seasons ago a lot of people thought he'd do a better job un the middle, as his lack of pace/crossing ability would be covered with his good engine and decent long range shots.