Geremi...FREE

Enrique...3mil

Duff...3mil

Viduka...FREE

Owen...FREE

Martins...7mil

Net income...22mil

Wage reduction...Apx 500k p/w....26mil p/a

Should Big Al stay id imagine he'd fight to keep the likes of Bassong and Beye, but we would still need a few championship players...LB, CB, CM, LW and ST at least.

Will the money be there to spend or will the net income be pumped into running costs?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harper

beye Staylor edgar enrique

guthrie nolan butt lovenkrands

lita carroll

subs: Krul, Tozer, kadar, Lua-Lua, ameobi , ranger, r taylor

Would prefer to keep bassong aswel but if we go down i really cant see him staying. I could see him going to arsenal for around 6mil.

Guest alex
Can't believe people think Beye will be here.

well he's quite old..

30-31 isn't he? Not sure how that makes it more likely he'll stay though.

Beye will get snapped up by a Prem team aiming for Europe IMO. He's one of the players that are nailed on to be leaving.

I dunno like...he seems to be a loyal character and i think he'd wanna help get us back up should we go down.

Bassong would be chased by a few top clubs and it would be hard to keep him but i think we could hold on to him and should we not bounce back let him go.

Cant see enrique staying tbh.

I would play Guthrie ahead of Nolan every time but i think Big Al would opt for experience and battlers in CM.

I dunno like...he seems to be a loyal character and i think he'd wanna help get us back up should we go down.

I agree that he obviously likes the club and the area but it's more a case of Ashley selling him at the first sign of a decent offer and on a footballing level, would you really want to play in the Championship? I'd love to keep him, obviously but I can't see it happening. We have an outside chance of keeping Bassong since his disciplinary record might keep some teams at bay but I think he'll move on as well. It'll be a shame for both of them since they could have easily become real fan favourites had the club kept its head screwed on.

Edited by Stiva

Guest alex
Beye will get snapped up by a Prem team aiming for Europe IMO. He's one of the players that are nailed on to be leaving.

He's 31 and he's got a year left on his contract. Makes little sense on the part of him or the club for him to hang around imo.

I agree that he obviously likes the club and the area but it's more a case of Ashley selling him at the first sign of a decent offer and on a footballing level, would you really want to play in the Championship? I'd love to keep him, obviously but I can't see it happening. We have an outside chance of keeping Bassong since his disciplinary record might keep some teams at bay but I think he'll move on as well. It'll be a shame for both of them since they could have easily become real fan favourites had the club kept its head screwed on.

Albeit a valid point stiva i cant help but think the likes of Beye and Bassong are the types of players we will need to bounce back if it happens. And if Big Al stays on which i fully expect him too id think he would give a list of players to MA that in no certain terms should be sold.

A decent amount of money to spend (Championship amount) and the assurance that certain players will not be sold are just two things i think will be massive in the decision for Big Al to stay on.

Bassong, Beye, Enrique and all our foreign imports will be straight out the door. They've no reason to stay, I don't think anyone could blame them for jumping ship.

Most of the squad will be off and replaced.

I can only see Taylor, maybe Lovenkrands, Shola, Edgar, Carroll, Krul, Butt, Harper staying.

A couple may not want to go, but we probablies won't be able to afford them, ie. Nolan.

Just hope some of the reserves can make a step-up or we can wheel and deal.

Edited by 1892

Any player who manages to shine in a relegated side is sure to be snapped up. I think Bassong and Beye come into that catagory.

Xisco as Championship top scorer next season, then off to celebrate on Fire Island.

Should keep him around by having a pre-season friendly in San Francisco. Or San FranXisco as it were.

:good:

:)

Guest Stevie

Xisco will be gone no doubt about it. I really really want us to sign Marlon King if we go down, he'll get 35 goals in a decent championship side. Marlon King and Ross McCormack would be more potent than any current combination we have.