Loyalty or Stupidity?

Craig

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how he manages to come here with his head held high all over again. Out of 3600 posts or whatever, I'd bet 3400 of them have been ripped apart. He just gets laced over and over. If he was a boxer, he'd have been told to retire by 1000 posts.

;);):(

Under 30'000 in the Premier League by the way. ;)

and that's after football ''boomed''.

16K, how can you use under 30 as a stick? 16K is terrible.

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

What was yours that season?

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Anyway, Post War averages are as follows:

Newcastle: 35,428

Spurs: 25,866

There's fuck all between the two clubs man! :(

;) What do you say to that Douglas?

Completely false.

Spurs Average 35.8 NUFC average 35.4.

Im just stating facts here when everybody thinks Im on the windup.

Guest alex

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Completely false.

Source?

Completely false.

Source?

Wikipedia.

I've no idea of the figures myself and not bothered enough to check, but you can only compare the two clubs when they are both in the same division, all clubs drop fans when in lower divisions across football, so only stick to figures when us and Spurs are in the top flight, that alone tells you anything if anyone really needs to guess who'll come out on top there.

Guest alex

Completely false.

Source?

Wikipedia.

Really though. What's your source. Include links btw. I'd hate it for you to look like a liar again.

I've no idea of the figures myself and not bothered enough to check, but you can only compare the two clubs when they are both in the same division, all clubs drop fans when in lower divisions across football, so only stick to figures when us and Spurs are in the top flight, that alone tells you anything if anyone really needs to guess who'll come out on top there.

Rubbish, true fans stick with a club through thick and thin.

Our attandances stayed at 33K when we went down.

Guest Stevie

Circa 30K, we have never dropped below 20K in our history.

You've averaged 20,000 in the top flight, more than 10 gates in one season under 15,000 something that has never been seen here in our history. No one can touch us over the years for loyalty in my view no one on earth even. The only stick anyone can hit us with are two seasons in the early 80's, and 1991 the McKeag boycott season, where some games there was more outside than inside. No one can touch us, in my view throughout history. If Spurs had our barren last 55 years Watford would be viewed as a bigger club now.

No they didnt, i can categorically say that is wrong. I know that as a fact.

(This is easy when you dont need to post the source).,

When we went down we had 56k.

Back in the 1950s? When we we getting similar in the 2nd?

What about in the first division when you got 20'000.

Was the going tough?

;)

The goings tough now and we averaged 48'000.

That's here and now.

You've been owned and schooled all thread man.

pos 3

lge. 2

tot pos 25

Ave att 33.417

Guest Stevie

http://www.topspurs.com/8586.htm

Have a look at that ;) ;) at no time in our history comparatively speaking have our gates been as piss poor as that. 16 fucking thousand against Liverpool in the league, league gates of 9 and 10,000, with players like Waddle and Hoddle. These are the most pathetic gates I've seen of any club, other than Everton 83/84.

Completely false.

Actually that's a typo on my behalf :angry:

Spurs should read 35,866 - makes sense seeing as I said there was fuck all between the two clubs.

Source is here: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/fans/newcastle_attendances.html

Nice little comparison graph between the two clubs there as well.

21k when finishing 8th in the top division in 88. Was there a boycoutt then too?

The Milburn stand was being built at the time you fucking cretin! ;)

All we had was the Gallowgate end, the East Stand, the paddocks under the Milburn and a '18th hole at Wentworth-style' scaffold stand constructed in the Leazes end.

Do your fucking homework Daniel! ;)

Ignoring this one Danny? Why am I not surprised :(

http://www.topspurs.com/8586.htm

Have a look at that ;) ;) at no time in our history comparatively speaking have our gates been as piss poor as that. 16 fucking thousand against Liverpool in the league, league gates of 9 and 10,000, with players like Waddle and Hoddle. These are the most pathetic gates I've seen of any club, other than Everton 83/84.

Stevie you average 16K over an entire season.

Yes the gaters were up and down that year but they werent consistantly that bad.

pos 3

lge. 2

tot pos 25

Ave att 33.417

What do you call a poster with a big spade standing at the bottom of a hole?

Guest Stevie
21k when finishing 8th in the top division in 88. Was there a boycoutt then too?

No but we had no West Stand you fucking nonce, and the capacity was 23,000 till Christmas, when it went up to 26,000 till the end of the season, a season which no doubt you were at Elm Park with your granda?

Guest Stevie
Whereas you got 24k and the average was 19k.

Try again ;)

But we never claimed that we have the best fans in the country and it is such a special place to watch football...etc etc

Whole town blah blah.

Just as well then eh? You're not even the best fans in London.