Loyalty or Stupidity?

Craig

Under 30'000 in the Premier League by the way. ;)

and that's after football ''boomed''.

16K, how can you use under 30 as a stick? 16K is terrible.

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

What was yours that season?

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Anyway, Post War averages are as follows:

Newcastle: 35,428

Spurs: 25,866

There's fuck all between the two clubs man! :(

;) What do you say to that Douglas?

Completely false.

Spurs Average 35.8 NUFC average 35.4.

Im just stating facts here when everybody thinks Im on the windup.

Actually that's a typo on my behalf :angry:

Spurs should read 35,866 - makes sense seeing as I said there was fuck all between the two clubs.

Source is here: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/fans/newcastle_attendances.html

Nice little comparison graph between the two clubs there as well.

I totally agree with you fish, there is nothing between us.

Im sure Stevie will be dragging out his 3:1 rubbish again. As I say, we never claimed to have the best fans in the land.

Edited by Danny B

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never gets boring this discussion like

It's better than talking about getting relegated.

Plus it gives a few posters the chance to make a fool of Douglas.

Guest Stevie
http://www.topspurs.com/8586.htm

Have a look at that ;) ;) at no time in our history comparatively speaking have our gates been as piss poor as that. 16 fucking thousand against Liverpool in the league, league gates of 9 and 10,000, with players like Waddle and Hoddle. These are the most pathetic gates I've seen of any club, other than Everton 83/84.

Stevie you average 16K over an entire season.

Yes the gaters were up and down that year but they werent consistantly that bad.

Aye with an official boycott, you were a good top half side, who won the UEFA two seasons before and had a FA Cup win on the horizon, worst figures I've ever seen bar none. A side that included Hoddle, Mabbutt, Clive Allen and Waddle, world classplayers 9 fuckin thousand.

Whereas you got 24k and the average was 19k.

Try again ;)

But we never claimed that we have the best fans in the country and it is such a special place to watch football...etc etc

Whole town blah blah.

Just as well then eh? You're not even the best fans in London.

Surely not going to trot out the Chelsea rubbish again?

12 and 13K averages in the early 80s. Gooners? Dont make me laugh. West Ham Ave gate of 25K post war.

Who is it Stevie?

Under 30'000 in the Premier League by the way. :angry:

and that's after football ''boomed''.

16K, how can you use under 30 as a stick? 16K is terrible.

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

What was yours that season?

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Anyway, Post War averages are as follows:

Newcastle: 35,428

Spurs: 25,866

There's fuck all between the two clubs man! :steamtrain:

;) What do you say to that Douglas?

Completely false.

Spurs Average 35.8 NUFC average 35.4.

Im just stating facts here when everybody thinks Im on the windup.

Actually that's a typo on my behalf :steamtrain:

Spurs should read 35,866 - makes sense seeing as I said there was fuck all between the two clubs.

Source is here: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/fans/newcastle_attendances.html

Nice little comparison graph between the two clubs there as well.

I totally agree with you fish, there is nothing between us.

Im sure Stevie will be dragging out his 3:1 rubbish again. As I say, we never claimed to have the best fans in the land.

Fish?? :(

How fucking dare you confuse me with that gutsy bastard... ;)

Have a look at that ;) ;) at no time in our history comparatively speaking have our gates been as piss poor as that. 16 fucking thousand against Liverpool in the league, league gates of 9 and 10,000, with players like Waddle and Hoddle. These are the most pathetic gates I've seen of any club, other than Everton 83/84.

Yes the gaters were up and down that year but they werent consistantly that bad.

Aye with an official boycott, you were a good top half side, who won the UEFA two seasons before and had a FA Cup win on the horizon, worst figures I've ever seen bar none. A side that included Hoddle, Mabbutt, Clive Allen and Waddle, world classplayers 9 fuckin thousand.

TBH Danny, that is fucking dreadful and leaves you in no position to get critical of our attendances. Worst in my time was 8,000 but that was for a league cup tie on a freezing wet weekday night in the middle of October when we were languishing at the foot of the second tier of English football.

Your situation was quite different.

TBH Danny, that is fucking dreadful and leaves you in no position to get critical of our attendances. Worst in my time was 8,000 but that was for a league cup tie on a freezing wet weekday night in the middle of October when we were languishing at the foot of the second tier of English football.

Your situation was quite different.

Its a couple of games in one season. I would let it bother you because it doesnt bother me.

Simple question Stevie, do you believe NUFC fans to be the best in the country?

A simple yes or no will do.

Edited by Danny B

As a 22 year old the smallest crowd I have been part of at home was that 20'000 midweek, boycotted cup match against Spurs ;)

Smallest all together was Huddersfield vs Gillingham, Gillingham won 3-1 it was class.

As a 22 year old the smallest crowd I have been part of at home was that 20'000 midweek, boycotted cup match against Spurs ;)

Funny how all these boycotts coincide with you being rubbish.

It was literally the worst football match I have ever seen in my life.

It was literally the worst football match I have ever seen in my life.

with so much to chose from this season too. ;) It was shockingly bad.

Stevie, best fans in the country, yes or no?

Yes, for the amount of shit we've had to endure, our loyalty is astounding.

Why did you lie about editing wikipedia pages?

Can you name me one good thing about London that is closer to WHL than any other major football ground?

Edited by ChezGiven

By Boycoutting every time the going gets tough?

I didn't.

Can you name me one good thing about London that is closer to WHL than any other major football ground?

Chick King

Eammon... ;)

Doug's from Reading anyway.

Readings where I work, not where I come from.

You don't even work in Reading tbf, it's Theale!

By Boycoutting every time the going gets tough?

I didn't.

Chick King

The toughest its been for a long time this season and there was a boycott. What was our average attendance Turdy?

A fucking chicken shop too, sums you lot up perfectly.