Loyalty or Stupidity?

Craig

Doug's from Reading anyway.

Readings where I work, not where I come from.

You don't even work in Reading tbf, it's Theale!

You've gone very quiet Danny... crapping yourself about how I know where you work per chance? Tut tut....

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
http://www.topspurs.com/8586.htm

Have a look at that ;) ;) at no time in our history comparatively speaking have our gates been as piss poor as that. 16 fucking thousand against Liverpool in the league, league gates of 9 and 10,000, with players like Waddle and Hoddle. These are the most pathetic gates I've seen of any club, other than Everton 83/84.

Stevie you average 16K over an entire season.

Yes the gaters were up and down that year but they werent consistantly that bad.

Aye with an official boycott, you were a good top half side, who won the UEFA two seasons before and had a FA Cup win on the horizon, worst figures I've ever seen bar none. A side that included Hoddle, Mabbutt, Clive Allen and Waddle, world classplayers 9 fuckin thousand.

TBH Danny, that is fucking dreadful and leaves you in no position to get critical of our attendances. Worst in my time was 8,000 but that was for a league cup tie on a freezing wet weekday night in the middle of October when we were languishing at the foot of the second tier of English football.

Your situation was quite different.

Its a couple of games in one season. I would let it bother you because it doesnt bother me.

Simple question Stevie, do you believe NUFC fans to be the best in the country?

A simple yes or no will do.

I've said it a million times the best fans are fans who watch shit travelling 400 miles to watch non League teams on wet midweek nights. Of the bigger clubs, are we the best fans? In terms of gates/success we are so far ahead of anyone else it's laughable, I don't know if there's even a comparison on a global scale never mind an English one.

Guest alex

You've gone very quiet Danny... crapping yourself about how I know where you work per chance? Tut tut....

Been editing today I notice.

He hasn't actually..... one of his colleagues has though. ;)

No offence Craig but why would I be. Do you work in the local Comet?

Are you going to bring the Saturday boys down?

Edited by Danny B

He hasn't actually..... one of his colleagues has though. ;)

bit of a coincidence that we both do it eh? ;)

Closer than you think Danny... closer than you think ;)

Close than you think Danny... closer than you think ;)

No offence Craig but what do you weigh? 10 soaking wet? I'm sure I'll be fine.

Last weigh in I was 12st 10lb. Fuck knows what relevance this has mind...

Are you wanting to know about my Dad as well? ;)

Looking at your picture you must be about 7 foot tall then.

Either that or you've porked out a bit.

Under 30'000 in the Premier League by the way. :(

and that's after football ''boomed''.

16K, how can you use under 30 as a stick? 16K is terrible.

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

What was yours that season?

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Anyway, Post War averages are as follows:

Newcastle: 35,428

Spurs: 25,866

There's fuck all between the two clubs man! :angry:

;) What do you say to that Douglas?

Completely false.

Spurs Average 35.8 NUFC average 35.4.

Im just stating facts here when everybody thinks Im on the windup.

Actually that's a typo on my behalf :steamtrain:

Spurs should read 35,866 - makes sense seeing as I said there was fuck all between the two clubs.

Source is here: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/fans/newcastle_attendances.html

Nice little comparison graph between the two clubs there as well.

I totally agree with you fish, there is nothing between us.

;) Go Fuck yourself Danny!

Never have I been so insulted!

Im sure Stevie will be dragging out his 3:1 rubbish again. As I say, we never claimed to have the best fans in the land.

Neither have we. It's a fucking stereotype invented by Sky and perpetuated by bitter fans of the smaller of two clubs. mackems, man city, everton, yourselves.

This isn't me saying that we're bigger than you or any of that dull shit. I'm saying that fans of clubs her always live in the shadows of another club see the amount of coverage a comparable sized club gets and become frustrated.

If we were topping the table like Arsenal Man U and Liverpool, and sunderland was fighting for the European spots, they'd get comparable coverage to Everton and Villa and the like. We get the coverage because we're a big club, you come on here because we're a big club. What we're not is the biggest club, real fans have never claimed we were, neither have they claimed (outside of hyperbole) to be the best fans in the world.

What we are, is a fanbase that haven't seen ANY glory for decades, a fanbase that's been mocked by our own fucking owners, a fan base that still turns up week in, week out, cheers a sometmies shockingly poor team week in week out and we do all this regardless of the spotlight shone upon us by the print and tv media.

We'd rather never show up on the back page for anythinig but good results, we'd rather our chairman and owner operated in the shadows like Lerner at Villa, We'd rather people stopped accusing us of delusions when we're clearly not guilty of it.

look around Danny, are people saying "we'll coast it against Villa, no problem" Is anyone saying that we're definitely staying up? Is anyone even saying that we'll bounce straight back up next season?

no

you're a fucking moron if you think real Newcastle fans are anything if not grounded, knowledgeable loyal fans. We're not the wanker Sky Sport fodder that gurn outside the ground, just like there'll be Spurs fans who aren't the know-nowt apples and pears nonces that Sky Sports portray them to be. Real Man U fans don't come from Ireland on a boat, whining about Ferguson. Real Liverpool fans are cunts.

stop believing the papers Douglas, it's beneath you.

To be fair footballs popularity has boomed since the inception of the premier league.

If you could keep those figures up after a couple of championship seasons I would be really impressed.

16K BTW ;)

Yet our lowest gates are used to crucify us by other fans as a way of showing the Sky bandwagon jumpers.

Old photo.

BTW - what's your company's internet usage policy out of interest? ;)

Old photo.

Point taken.

Old photo.

Point taken.

Penny starting to drop yet? :(

Old photo.

Point taken.

Penny starting to drop yet? :angry:

:(

Guest Stevie
Under 30'000 in the Premier League by the way. :(

and that's after football ''boomed''.

16K, how can you use under 30 as a stick? 16K is terrible.

There was a mass boycott i believe (i was only 9 at the time) and there was severe economic difficulties in the north east at that time, unemployment at its highest levels ever (?). Possibly worse post-85.

What was yours that season?

Wasn't it the season that the Leazes roof was taken off and the capacity of that end reduced by two thirds?

That was probably it, i just remember there being some reason beyond the shite football.

What about 91 when your ave attendance was 17K did the building work go on that long?

How come in 1984, when you were winning the UEFA Cup and we were promoted from the 2nd division as 3rd best club do our attendance exceed yours?

Anyway, Post War averages are as follows:

Newcastle: 35,428

Spurs: 25,866

There's fuck all between the two clubs man! :angry:

;) What do you say to that Douglas?

Completely false.

Spurs Average 35.8 NUFC average 35.4.

Im just stating facts here when everybody thinks Im on the windup.

Actually that's a typo on my behalf :steamtrain:

Spurs should read 35,866 - makes sense seeing as I said there was fuck all between the two clubs.

Source is here: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/fans/newcastle_attendances.html

Nice little comparison graph between the two clubs there as well.

I totally agree with you fish, there is nothing between us.

;) Go Fuck yourself Danny!

Never have I been so insulted!

Im sure Stevie will be dragging out his 3:1 rubbish again. As I say, we never claimed to have the best fans in the land.

Neither have we. It's a fucking stereotype invented by Sky and perpetuated by bitter fans of the smaller of two clubs. mackems, man city, everton, yourselves.

This isn't me saying that we're bigger than you or any of that dull shit. I'm saying that fans of clubs her always live in the shadows of another club see the amount of coverage a comparable sized club gets and become frustrated.

If we were topping the table like Arsenal Man U and Liverpool, and sunderland was fighting for the European spots, they'd get comparable coverage to Everton and Villa and the like. We get the coverage because we're a big club, you come on here because we're a big club. What we're not is the biggest club, real fans have never claimed we were, neither have they claimed (outside of hyperbole) to be the best fans in the world.

What we are, is a fanbase that haven't seen ANY glory for decades, a fanbase that's been mocked by our own fucking owners, a fan base that still turns up week in, week out, cheers a sometmies shockingly poor team week in week out and we do all this regardless of the spotlight shone upon us by the print and tv media.

We'd rather never show up on the back page for anythinig but good results, we'd rather our chairman and owner operated in the shadows like Lerner at Villa, We'd rather people stopped accusing us of delusions when we're clearly not guilty of it.

look around Danny, are people saying "we'll coast it against Villa, no problem" Is anyone saying that we're definitely staying up? Is anyone even saying that we'll bounce straight back up next season?

no

you're a fucking moron if you think real Newcastle fans are anything if not grounded, knowledgeable loyal fans. We're not the wanker Sky Sport fodder that gurn outside the ground, just like there'll be Spurs fans who aren't the know-nowt apples and pears nonces that Sky Sports portray them to be. Real Man U fans don't come from Ireland on a boat, whining about Ferguson. Real Liverpool fans are cunts.

stop believing the papers Douglas, it's beneath you.

I've never seen a club with fans who are more knowledgable about the game than ours, and that is going back 20 years. I've met people who can tell me things to this day where I think fuck me, that's fascinating I didn't know that, not just about the history of the club, about the culture, players, off the park, the stadium everything. Football is a hobby for people like Danny, it's an obsession for a lot of geordies.

No one likes a nark Craig.

No one likes a WUM either but it's not stopped you giving it a good go for the last 12 months.

Assuming everyone here comes from the north of England is not a good idea.