After a couple of Hamsters

Smooth Operator

I need to get a couple of Hamsters for the bairns birthday, does anybody know if the Pet World at the Metro Centre (near Ikea i think) is still there?

I wanted to get Gerbils but wor lass doesn't trust me with them , must think i've got a bit of Richard Gere in me! ;):lol:

I need to get a couple of Hamsters for the bairns birthday, does anybody know if the Pet World at the Metro Centre (near Ikea i think) is still there?

I wanted to get Gerbils but wor lass doesn't trust me with them , must think i've got a bit of Richard Gere in me!  ;)  :lol:

51477[/snapback]

You might get them at Chilly Rd pet shop, iknow they do rabbits and Guinea pigs. Bad move i reckon the little bastards will have you up all night, stink as well.

Good luck Dr Dolittle

I wanted to get Gerbils but wor lass doesn't trust me with them , must think i've got a bit of Richard Gere in me!  ;)  :lol:

51477[/snapback]

You might get them at Chilly Rd pet shop, iknow they do rabbits and Guinea pigs. Bad move i reckon the little bastards will have you up all night, stink as well.

Good luck Dr Dolittle

51478[/snapback]

You should be at work!

Keeping them in the bairns room and if she complains that they are stinking or making too much noise they are going the journey, i'll either feed them live to the rabbits or set them loose over the golf course at the back of mine for the foxes to devour!

51477[/snapback]

a couple of hamsters? i dont you should give hamsters in pairs as they will litterally tear each other apart! We had a hamster that went missing so me being a great dad went to buy another one the same day to stop my daughter being upset. Obviously then the first little bugger turned up so i had to put them together in the cage.

Needless to say we have only one hamster now, the strongest and fittest one !

My brother had a hamster as a kid.  Just make sure you put it where you can't hear it going mental round it's wheel all night.

51536[/snapback]

Probably trying to drown out the sound of your rabbit tbh.

Coat already on. ;)

My brother had a hamster as a kid.  Just make sure you put it where you can't hear it going mental round it's wheel all night.

51536[/snapback]

Coat already on. :lol:

51538[/snapback]

The way your mind works worries me horribly sometimes ;)

51536[/snapback]

This is going to sound really dodgy but vaseline on the joint of the wheel will stop that, I'm a grumpy fecker and can't sleep if there's any noise so I learnt the hard way.

Very cute but very boring animals. High maintenance ornaments tbh.

51536[/snapback]

Coat already on. B)

51538[/snapback]

The way your mind works worries me horribly sometimes ;)

51539[/snapback]

:lol:

Just pulling your leg, pet!

a couple of hamsters?  i dont you should give hamsters in pairs as they will litterally tear each other apart!  We had a hamster that went missing so me being a great dad went to buy another one the same day to stop my daughter being upset.  Obviously then the first little bugger turned up so i had to put them together in the cage.

51535[/snapback]

I've heard that before, depends on the type. We had 2 Russian 'dwarf' Hamsters that were grand together.

51536[/snapback]

This is going to sound really dodgy but vaseline on the joint of the wheel will stop that, I'm a grumpy fecker and can't sleep if there's any noise so I learnt the hard way.

Very cute but very boring animals. High maintenance ornaments tbh.

51541[/snapback]

You shove it up there IN IT'S FUCKIN WHEEL???? ;)

51477[/snapback]

a couple of hamsters? i dont you should give hamsters in pairs as they will litterally tear each other apart! We had a hamster that went missing so me being a great dad went to buy another one the same day to stop my daughter being upset. Obviously then the first little bugger turned up so i had to put them together in the cage.

51535[/snapback]

But when you see them in the pet shop there's about 4 of them all huddled up together - so i thought if i just pick 2 that are lying on top of each other sleeping happily then they'll be ok?

Who suggested cleaning them every couple of days, once a week if they're lucky.

Might just keep them in them balls you can get for them and let them out a few times for some food and drink, good exercise for them and it ensures there's no cage to clean and then i can just wipe clean the inside of the ball.

Easy and practical, i might even strap the hoover to the back of one so I can sit back and relax.

Edited by Smooth Operator

Can I be the one to mention ramming a cardboard tube up your arse and letting the little fury fellow scurry in for a run around ?

I know you must all have been tempted to mention it.