Hello everybody!

TheItalianMagpie

I don't know if there is an official thread for newbies presentation so pardon me if I'm writing in the wrong section. Let me introduce myself...As you can see reading my nick I'm writing from Italy (Torino) and I'm a huge NUFC fan since 1996... in that year I came in Newcastle to visit a friend who was studying there and I spent an incredible week drinking Newcastle Brown Ale (I was quite always drunk!), dancing on "The Boat" and in the Union parties and having a lot of fun! During the very few alcoholfree moments I couldn't help falling in love with that wonderful team who was fighting the Manure for the Championship. I got back in Italy with a #14 Ginola jersey and a piece of SJP in my heart. My first and biggest passion remains Torino FC (the team of my town) but NUFC stands right after as the only foreign team that I care of.

So I hope that you'll excuse my english mistakes, my too-long posts and welcome a "stranger" friend among you.

HOWAY THE MAGPIES! :good:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a bet on napoli at the weekend and bloody torino luckily went and beat them

Sorry mate! Next time ask me and I will give you the right tip....we were forced to win since Torino is only one point over the relegation edge. And fortunately we did.

I don't know if there is an official thread for newbies presentation so pardon me if I'm writing in the wrong section. Let me introduce myself...As you can see reading my nick I'm writing from Italy (Torino) and I'm a huge NUFC fan since 1996... in that year I came in Newcastle to visit a friend who was studying there and I spent an incredible week drinking Newcastle Brown Ale (I was quite always drunk!), dancing on "The Boat" and in the Union parties and having a lot of fun! During the very few alcoholfree moments I couldn't help falling in love with that wonderful team who was fighting the Manure for the Championship. I got back in Italy with a #14 Ginola jersey and a piece of SJP in my heart. My first and biggest passion remains Torino FC (the team of my town) but NUFC stands right after as the only foreign team that I care of.

So I hope that you'll excuse my english mistakes, my too-long posts and welcome a "stranger" friend among you.

HOWAY THE MAGPIES! :good:

In 1996/7 i was studying at York and there were loads Italians doing post-grad, about 6 on my course and about 15-20 in the department. One of the lads who i knocked about with for the year was a Torino fan, lived in Rome. He never came to the match with us but used to watch Newcastle with me in the pub. He had a bit of a soft spot for us too. Watching you lot beat England at wembley in the WC qualifiers was a bit painful, as he knew how to take the piss.

Funny character this Carlo anyway, worked in Nigeria as a financial manager on motorway projects before coming to the UK. His Dad lived in Brazil due to some scandal over the private ambulance service that he ran in Italy. Never seen or heard from him again after that year.

Benvenuto

(I googled that for the spelling like).

I couldn't help falling in love with that wonderful team who was fighting the Manure for the Championship.

:good:

Welcome aboard bonny lad.. :)

Wow! What can I say...you made me feel at home! Thanx everybody for such a friendly welcome!!

Don't worry about it. After all, we're only being nice so we can all come to your house for holiday.

Just as long you didn't think we like you!!