NUFC on Matteo Sereni

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very surprised. Goalkeeper is the one area we have plenty of cover plus it would be difficult to persuade a player to move countries when we don't even know what division we will be in next season.

Tbf Torino are struggling in Serie A as well and could well go down. But it would surprise me as well, never even heard of the guy.

@ItalianMag: You're having bad times in terms of the clubs you support - both on the verge of relegation... :good:

I'd be very surprised. Goalkeeper is the one area we have plenty of cover plus it would be difficult to persuade a player to move countries when we don't even know what division we will be in next season.

Tbf Torino are struggling in Serie A as well and could well go down. But it would surprise me as well, never even heard of the guy.

@ItalianMag: You're having bad times in terms of the clubs you support - both on the verge of relegation... :good:

Sereni had a very, very good season at Ipswich when they finished third.

EDIT: No he didn't, he was signed the season after. Who was the 'keeper who had a good season that year then?

Edited by Ketsbaia

Richard Wright?

I always thought he played for Arsenal for some reason :good:

Arsenal signed him from Ipswich after the '01 season. He never established himself and went to Everton a year later, where again he was never really a regular.

Did he not end up back at Ipswich?

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Richard Wright?

I always thought he played for Arsenal for some reason :good:

Arsenal signed him from Ipswich after the '01 season. He never established himself and went to Everton a year later, where again he was never really a regular.

Aye, i've just remembered. There was another young English goalkeeper who player for Arsenal, what was his name? :)

Stuart Taylor?

That's the fucker :good:

Then my work here is done, and I bid you good night.

I blame Champ Man for my encyclopaedic knowledge of young English goalies of the '90s and early 2000s. Dave Watson of Barnsley and Bywater from West Ham were two others I'd always try to buy.

That's true, mate! :good: Not lucky this year. But both have a history of glory and trophies. And I'm sure that luck will change again!

Guest Stevie

Matteo fuckin Sereni??!?!? :good:

We had Shay Given mate who was 100000000000000 times than Gianluigi Bufoon, he had a dreadful season in England Sereni and we have 3 better keepers now.

I can't imagine what it must be like living in a country like yours. Posh cunts in the north, tramps in the south, but at least you people in Torino don't go chopping peoples heads off. See your air crash, that should have made you the biggest club in Italy, see Newcastle United we were TEN TIMES bigger than Man Utd, when their plane crashed in Germany, and that is the be all and end all of them, it's a shame Torino never went on to become that type of club.

We had Shay Given mate who was 100000000000000 times than Gianluigi Bufoon, he had a dreadful season in England Sereni and we have 3 better keepers now.

I can't imagine what it must be like living in a country like yours. Posh cunts in the north, tramps in the south, but at least you people in Torino don't go chopping peoples heads off. See your air crash, that should have made you the biggest club in Italy, see Newcastle United we were TEN TIMES bigger than Man Utd, when their plane crashed in Germany, and that is the be all and end all of them, it's a shame Torino never went on to become that type of club.

:) Are you being serious? Given was a very good shot stopper and that's it. His kicking and distribution was poor, he would never come for crosses, rubbish at saving pens, didn't know how to move his feet when trying to save freekicks and wasn't exactly the most commanding of goalkeepers.

Buffon is easily in the top 2 or 3 keepers in the world and imo is probably the best.

Guest Stevie

:) Are you being serious? Given was a very good shot stopper and that's it. His kicking and distribution was poor, he would never come for crosses, rubbish at saving pens, didn't know how to move his feet when trying to save freekicks and wasn't exactly the most commanding of goalkeepers.

Buffon is easily in the top 2 or 3 keepers in the world and imo is probably the best.

Bufoon is the most overrated footballer who has ever lived.

IP address mods? Can't be anywhere between York and Edinburgh, and I've only read one line. Unless its 2J's doppelganger. Anyway Bufoon = wank.

IP address mods? Can't be anywhere between York and Edinburgh, and I've only read one line. Unless its 2J's doppelganger. Anyway Bufoon = wank.

:aye: i live in Newcastle u fool. Given better than buffon :rolleyes:

Buffon stuck it out at Juventus when they were in Serie B, give him credit for that at least, when the going gets tough, Given gets going.

Buffon is the keeper of the other team of my town and, therefore, he could break both his legs and I wouldnn't give a shit, but he has been for years the best GK in the world. Since his return to the field after his back injuries he seems not to be as strong as he was before....but he's still in the top 5 in the world IMHO.

About Matteo Sereni...last year he's been the best GK in the league and this season, in spite of some little mistakes in the beginning, he's repeating the good results of last year.

He's very good and certainly better than Harper.

Guest Stevie

Is he fuck. This Buffon myth, has been excitedly been snapped up by the masses because we are told he is number 1. His showing in Euro 2008, showed what he is a good keeper who isn't faultless. It's like the other myths that come out of Italy like that one about Nesta, once being world class, he's always been a poor mans Boumsong in my eyes and he got found out more and more the longer his career went on. Many people claim Given is the best in the Prem, I'd be inclined to agree, I think him and Casillas are similar builds have similar attributes, and both can lay claim to being the best. Back to Buffon, it's the European media acclaim that has been directed his way, which has gave him the status he received, a better keeper over the last 15 years, yet receiving a fraction of the plaudits was the old Valencia keeper Canizares.

:aye: