NUFC on Matteo Sereni

Is he fuck. This Buffon myth, has been excitedly been snapped up by the masses because we are told he is number 1. His showing in Euro 2008, showed what he is a good keeper who isn't faultless. It's like the other myths that come out of Italy like that one about Nesta, once being world class, he's always been a poor mans Boumsong in my eyes and he got found out more and more the longer his career went on. Many people claim Given is the best in the Prem, I'd be inclined to agree, I think him and Casillas are similar builds have similar attributes, and both can lay claim to being the best. Back to Buffon, it's the European media acclaim that has been directed his way, which has gave him the status he received, a better keeper over the last 15 years, yet receiving a fraction of the plaudits was the old Valencia keeper Canizares.

:good:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffon is the keeper of the other team of my town and, therefore, he could break both his legs and I wouldnn't give a shit, but he has been for years the best GK in the world. Since his return to the field after his back injuries he seems not to be as strong as he was before....but he's still in the top 5 in the world IMHO.

About Matteo Sereni...last year he's been the best GK in the league and this season, in spite of some little mistakes in the beginning, he's repeating the good results of last year.

He's very good and certainly better than Harper.

The way things are looking that certainly wouldn't be difficult.

Guest Stevie
Honestly Stevie, some of the stuff you come up with :good:

People can't form their own opinions, they are influenced by the media and what the PTB want you to think. I think Giovanni Trappatoni is well placed to compare them, and he compares Given favourably. Seen Buffon have a good few stinkers, not least against Chelsea this season.

Given isn't even the best keeper in the prem. For me Reina, Cech, Van der Saar, Freidel are all better

Yeah pretty much. I don't rate Van der Sar though.

yeah i can understand that but for me i still think his all round game is better than givens.

Guest Stevie
Given isn't even the best keeper in the prem. For me Reina, Cech, Van der Saar, Freidel are all better

I'm sorry like but WUM. Nailed on fact. Fucking Reina :good: YCNMIU

I don't think Reinas the best keeper in the league but hes had a very good season and is much better than Given.

Guest Stevie

I don't think Reinas the best keeper in the league but hes had a very good season and is much better than Given.

He couldn't wipe Given's arse, you are wind up merchant. Nobody is that dense. The 2006 Cup Final stands out as a typical Reina performance, one of the worst I've ever seen off a goalkeeper. As many say Given is pierless.

He couldn't wipe Given's arse, you are wind up merchant. Nobody is that dense. The 2006 Cup Final stands out as a typical Reina performance, one of the worst I've ever seen off a goalkeeper. As many say Given is pierless.

Ok so since i don't agree with you i'm a wind up merchant. Guess that makes everyone in the world a wind up merchant since noone else agrees with you that Givens better than Buffon.

Guest alex

Given's only peerless compared to other NUFC keepers since Ronnie Simpson though Stevie. He's hardly far and away the world's best, as that comment suggests.

Given's only peerless compared to other NUFC keepers since Ronnie Simpson though Stevie. He's hardly far and away the world's best, as that comment suggests.

Stevie in reply to alex...

WUM. Admin check this cunts i.p

Guest Stevie

I think him and Casillas are are on a par, I didn't say he was far and away the world's best.

Saying Buffon is a better keeper is one thing, and I understand why brainwashed people say that sort of rubbish, but saying Reina (?!?!?!?!) is better borders on the insulting.

I think him and Casillas are are on a par, I didn't say he was far and away the world's best.

Saying Buffon is a better keeper is one thing, and I understand why brainwashed people say that sort of rubbish, but saying Reina (?!?!?!?!) is better borders on the insulting.

You obviously watch Serie A games much then?

Guest alex

Well you said he was peerless, i.e. without peer, which means the same thing in this context, surely? :good:

Guest Stevie

Well you said he was peerless, i.e. without peer, which means the same thing in this context, surely? :good:

It means no one is better doesn't mean someone else can't be on the same level.

Guest alex

It means without equal. Literally without 'peer'.

Guest Stevie

Well you're just being pedantic now, not like you that Alex......

Well you said he was peerless, i.e. without peer, which means the same thing in this context, surely? :)

Given on par with Casillas :good:

Guest alex

Well you're just being pedantic now, not like you that Alex......

Well, you said it "doesn't mean someone else can't be on the same level" when that's exactly what it does mean. :)