Not as bad as I thought.......

Rob W

Comparing our results so far with what we got last season against the same teams I reckon we're 1 point up on team by team basis

(it depends who you sub for the teams which went down -& came up Wigan & Sunderland are at opposite ends of the current table)

This isn't brilliant as we only finished in mid table but its hard to see clubs like Wigan and Bolton staying the pace and quite frankly other than Chelski no-one is showing any consistency or form

Michael Wrays spreadsheet & predictor (which some of us use) has us at 4th at the end of the season.........................

Comparing our results so far with what we got last season against the same teams I reckon we're 1 point up on  team by team basis

(it depends who you sub for the teams which went down -& came up Wigan & Sunderland are at opposite ends of the current table)

This isn't brilliant as we only finished in mid table but its hard to see clubs like Wigan and Bolton staying the pace and quite frankly other than Chelski no-one is showing any consistency or form

Michael Wrays spreadsheet & predictor (which some of us use) has us at 4th at the end of the season.........................

51554[/snapback]

We've had a run of injuries and poor luck and we're still in the top half of the table. I agree that Wigan will find it hard to sustain their form.

IF we can get a few games without losing any major players things may start to look quite promising.

The problem is that we have had a lot of injuries while on a run against teams where you think we could have picked up a lot of points.

Against West Ham, Fulham, Portsmouth & Wigan we have pretty much dropped 9 points (points which could have put us something like second if memory serves).

We will now start to see tougher oposition Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool all coming up in the not too distant future for example and we will be under some pressure to deliver results against teams where points should be far harder to come by.

In many ways it would have been better to have injuries while having a run against the top teams than those at the bottom.

Wrays spreadsheet has a calculation of how hard the opposition you've faced so far has been

Villa have had it very tough - their oppositon has been 25% better than the PL average so far. The Rabble aren't far behind

NUFC, the Arse & Chelski are slap bang in the middle

Funnily enough its ManU and Citeh who have had the easiest fixtures so far - 20% less than average

Wrays spreadsheet has a calculation of how hard the opposition you've faced so far has been

Villa have had it very tough - their oppositon has been 25% better than the PL average so far.  The Rabble aren't far behind

NUFC, the Arse & Chelski are slap bang in the middle

Funnily enough its ManU and Citeh who have had the easiest fixtures so far - 20% less than average

51641[/snapback]

Interesting.....I thought we'd had a slightly easier run tbh.

The problem is that we have had a lot of injuries while on a run against teams where you think we could have picked up a lot of points.

Against West Ham, Fulham, Portsmouth & Wigan we have pretty much dropped 9 points (points which could have put us something like second if memory serves).

We will now start to see tougher oposition Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool all coming up in the not too distant future for example and we will be under some pressure to deliver results against teams where points should be far harder to come by.

In many ways it would have been better to have injuries while having a run against the top teams than those at the bottom.

51603[/snapback]

if everyone stays fit until then, i fancy us to give chelsea a decent game. i hope souness plays his strongest team and has a go rather than playing defensive and sticking faye in the middle of the park.

the only way to stop chelsea is to press them at a high tempo from the off. never let them settle.

51603[/snapback]

if everyone stays fit until then, i fancy us to give chelsea a decent game. i hope souness plays his strongest team and has a go rather than playing defensive and sticking faye in the middle of the park.

the only way to stop chelsea is to press them at a high tempo from the off. never let them settle.

51772[/snapback]

I agree I just think that if we had our best team out against the teams we have faced so far this season (Arse, Manure and possibly Bolton excepted) I think we could expect to pick up wins against them about seven times out of ten. But when you play the top teams (especially Chelski) that percentage drops no matter who we have playing.

I just find it frustrating that we will most likely be able to field our strongest team at a time when our chances of winning are smaller when if we'd had them back earlier we could be sitting second in the table at the moment.