Where you watching the match on Sunday?

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie
I hate watching big games in the pub, I just cant get into it properly. People walking in front of the telly, no sound, twats who have never kicked a ball in their lives giving you a running commentary.

I think il watch it in my front room. If we win il go out and celebrate.

CLS is pretty much 50/50 Newcastle/Sunderland and theres usually some bother after the derby matches so I cant see Sunday being any different. if we lose il probably just stop at home!

I know exactly what you mean. I like to let the game take me away from reality with no distractions for 90 minutes, you can't do it with cunts talking shit in your lug, and clueless people around you. There are toon games I've seen in pubs where I couldn't tell you one thing about what happened.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a few of the lads are going to samjacks, never watched the match in there, meant to be good :D

Do you think that's wise? :aye:

Some radge basser cracked a window there, dodgy :rolleyes:

Any decent bars at the coast showing it- me mate's moving away and a bunch of us planning drinks & match at the coast.

:good::)

Cheeky twats.

Sitting in the pub... don't know how I am going to do it as it is on tape delay at 9:45 FFS!!! Was going to watch the Hull v. ManUtd match but I am sure they will be chiming in with what is going on elsewhere...

There is one place near that's showing our match and the mackem and smog matches at the same time. I don't think I could take the pressure of that though.

I am jamming earlier in the day but I'm going to finish early and probably end up in somebody's living room watching it.

I'm in work on Sunday til half 5, meaning I'll have to have the match on the radio, AND stay back late in work just so that I can hear the gruesome last 15 minutes or so (providing we still have a hope).

Based in the south *ducks* I'm trying to decide between my local cheap Irish old-man pub that during the Boro game had a 15minute rendition of "Shearer's a wanka, a wanka, a wanka" when they realised who i was supporting and not just had a £20 on us at the next door bookies... or travel in to the Three Kings or somesuch other Newcastle pub.

I'm watching it in the house so i can channel hop and keep up to speed on the other games as they happen to.

Then if the worst comes i can wallow in my own self pity and not have to put up with all the bullshit comments about exactly where they though it all went wrong and whose to blame for it all you'd hear from the countless tossers out in town watching it. There's nothing worse than other people's opinions on the toon when they don't match your own imo.

You wont have to channel skip - the results will come up and there will be a graphic of the table as it happens.

I might wanna see the goals though! And it also might get too much for me to watch our game and i might end up flicking around the other games and just watching the toon score as it comes up on the graphic.

In some Pub somewhere in the North West, if I don't feel like I will be embarrassed by crying in front of all the regulars! Failing that, I might lock myself in my room and watch it from there...Might need to have a sofa to hide behind though, because it will be one hell of a scary game..

Guest Stevie
I'm watching it in the house so i can channel hop and keep up to speed on the other games as they happen to.

Then if the worst comes i can wallow in my own self pity and not have to put up with all the bullshit comments about exactly where they though it all went wrong and whose to blame for it all you'd hear from the countless tossers out in town watching it. There's nothing worse than other people's opinions on the toon when they don't match your own imo.

Can't really do that on Virgin Media for all the games cos there's no red button option :lol:

Im in a Quandry. I only have Setanta at home so bar watching it via a stream, i need to go to the pub. Trouble is, the pub will be full of Boro fans and therefore if a miracle happens and we survive, ill be only one happy in there (for about 5 seconds before I get lynched). Other option is to go to our lasses place however her dad and brother are Man Utd fans so ill just have them sitting gloating on the sofa.