Nile ranger may get his chance against villa

ryanward

We’ve already had some disappointing news on the injury front this morning, and we were surprised and disappointed that Andy Carroll is out of Sunday’s game, but maybe that will give a chance to our wonder kid Nile Ranger.

Nile Ranger - will be a substitute for Sunday

With Carroll and maybe Owen missing the game on Sunday, fit again Shola Ameobi and 18 year-old England Under-19 youngster, Nile Ranger, will probably compete for a spot on the bench, but we would hope Nile makes the bench. Maybe both these lads will be subs, and certainly both are more than committed to the Newcastle club.

As well as Owen and Enrique being doubtful, and Carroll being out, and Habib Beye being very doubtful, we also have two players, Bassong and Barton, who will miss the game through suspension due to red cards.

There’s nothing like shooting yourself between the eyes is there?

So we will hardly have our best team out on Sunday in a critical game for this club, but Iain Dowie still believes the players who come in will do a good job.

Iain Dowie talked to the Newcastle Journal this morning and clarified the injury situation:

“Michael’s scan results are positive, so we’re hopeful,” he said. “But he’s yet to train and he’s not 100 per cent. It will go down to the wire, definitely.”

“We want him – he’s the club captain and he’s a born goalscorer. If we don’t have him, so be it. We can go in with Oba and Mark, who would have had a goal a piece on another day on Saturday.”

“Jose Enrique’s now back to full training but he’s still a little bit stiff. He gives us a different option but I think Damien Duff has been excellent there.”

If were to have a fairly tale ending to the season, it would be Nile Ranger coming on in the second half as a sub, and getting the goal that saves Newcastle from relegation.

link is here:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2009/05/20/nile-ra...ance-on-sunday/

Wonderkid?

behave yourself, he's just big for his age is all. Bojan is a wonderkid, Rooney was a wonderkid.. players with the skill and invention to stand out in the crowd, not the bulk.

I'd rather Carroll got fit than risk the lad to be honest.

They obviously haven't watched him play - he is raw as hell and it would be a momentous gamble that may backfire and knacker the kids confidence permanently - you can bring the youngsters through by giving them 10 - 15mins now and then maybe even playing them for a half after a while as long as the game is not too big but you can't just sling him into a relegation decider and expect them to produce

They obviously haven't watched him play - he is raw as hell and it would be a momentous gamble that may backfire and knacker the kids confidence permanently - you can bring the youngsters through by giving them 10 - 15mins now and then maybe even playing them for a half after a while as long as the game is not too big but you can't just sling him into a relegation decider and expect them to produce

I have to confess, I've not seen him either....but surely the last 10 minutes against Fulham wouldn't have hurt. I hear what you're saying about gambles backfiring, but what if he'd knicked something?

Edited by Asprilla

Wonderkid?

behave yourself, he's just big for his age is all. Bojan is a wonderkid, Rooney was a wonderkid.. players with the skill and invention to stand out in the crowd, not the bulk.

Exactly, nothing against the lad but wonderkinds play in the Premiership at 16 hence the tag being given to Rooney, Owen etc. 18 is not a kid.

Wonderkid?

Exactly, nothing against the lad but wonderkinds play in the Premiership at 16 hence the tag being given to Rooney, Owen etc. 18 is not a kid.

exactly

Not a game for an untested junior for me. Or a lump of turd like Ameobi.

Likely to be Viduka's last game for us. I want to see him play the full game unless he's cabbaged. Our best chance of getting a result is through him, plus one or both of Owen and Martins regardless of recent form. They've all got goals in them so just play the fuckers and hope they can score on the day.

Not a game for an untested junior for me. Or a lump of turd like Ameobi.

Likely to be Viduka's last game for us. I want to see him play the full game unless he's cabbaged. Our best chance of getting a result is through him, plus one or both of Owen and Martins regardless of recent form. They've all got goals in them so just play the fuckers and hope they can score on the day.

3 up top V Villa.

What else can we do ?

He calls himself Dutty Custard apparently!!! Fucking Dutty Custard!!!!

Heres a piece from his myspace :lol:

Translated by a bloke on the spartans forum

igghttt mannns 15 init but im on disss ting trusss dnt fink because ive made a wifey riddim intro mannns not on dis ting because dat aint the case but i try stay out of as much trouble as i can because good boiiis live rude boiiis die dats the sayin i always grew up wid but yh skip dat. mannns tryin to take footy serious because i wanna make sum pea f**k the street ting its really long 4 me might shubz it off now and again u see it but yh if u wanna kno where i play its upfront dutty striker about 4 goals a game minimum maximum 7or 8 one of dem but my weakness is most definatly girls and my 2nd weakness is losing i flippin hate losing but i hardly lose at anything because im a big bumbaclart duppy mannnnnnn but yh im gona update dis sh*t wen i get the hang off it.but u aint heard the last of me sho sho 4 now Laughing Laughing

For the brothers above a certain age on here, here's a translation:

I am 15, isn't it? but I am on this thing but just don't think because I have made a girly, rhythm based musical intro to my page that I am not on this thing because that ain't the case but I try (to) stay out of as much trouble as I can because good boys live, rude boys die, that (is) the saying I always grew up with but yes, skip that. (I) am trying to take football seriously because I want to make some peace f**k the street thing it is really long for me might shut it off now and again you see it but yeah if you want to know where I play, it is upfront dirty striker. (I get) about 4 goals a game (at the) minimum (and) maximum (of) 7 or 8 of them but my weakness is most definitely girls and my second weakness is losing. I flipping hate losing but I hardly lose at anything because I am a big BUMBACLART man but yeah I am going (to) update this sh*t when I get the hang of it but you ain't hear the last of me. go away horses for now. Laughing Laughing.