4-1-4-1

ChocChip

I go out on the gay scene a fair bit, so I'm used to dealing with pricks. I'd say that makes me far better placed to judge Dyer than this "Howaythelads" character. :tumbleweed:

52209[/snapback]

I'd say it makes you well placed to judge HTL.

:rimshot:

52210[/snapback]

If you have an issue with me Alex go to PM and we'll arrange a meeting before the next match.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer up front let alone anywhere near the first team is a fucking joke tbh.

51824[/snapback]

Going to explain why?

51830[/snapback]

Indeed, although i think it's fairly obvious and has been for a long time.

Apart from pace he has no other attributes as a footballer imo.

He can't pass, control, head, tackle, finish, read the game. Sticking him up front would be the lesser of 2 evils but it would simply mean another "striker" playing with the ball bobbling up around his knees (see Ameobi).

Dyer hasn't progressed as a footballer for at least 3 or 4 years now, yet he still gets into our team, is paid a small fortune and gets into the England squad!!

Were being short changed by this prick yet some fans think he should play up front! :rimshot:

At least with Bellamy after his first year of showing us he had raw talent, the second season he'd honed certain area's of his game and had improved significantly, whereas Dyer in contrast is still at the level he was after his first season with us, and that level imo is pretty fucking mediocre!

51846[/snapback]

I don't agree with much of that, but I appreciate it that you offered the reply.

51862[/snapback]

You've got your opinion i've got mine and that's fair enough, I think overall the fans are still split over Dyer, there's the likes of yourself who think he can offer something to the team. But then there's those like myself and countless others who sit around me at the match of the opinion that he's totally overated, overpaid and has nowt but pace. I'm in that camp but hope he can prove me wrong in the future but I've been saying that for the last 3-4 years now.

He came on against WBA and did well, wouldn't go as for as to say he changed the game as others have said though, but if he'd have come into a game against a decent team I very much doubt he would have had an impact. He seems to do alright against lesser opposition and go missing in games against bigger and better opposition for too often for me. And if were going to get anywhere we need players who can perform against the better teams. I can see Parker, Emre, Owen, Solano, Shearer all doing this but not Dyer and for 80k a week were being short-changed.

51936[/snapback]

Just thought I'd mention I've been going to matches since 1968, so I know what it's like to have 'countless others sitting around me', like.

I have no great belief that Dyer is a fantastic player, I just think from our current options I'd select him alongside Owen. That's all there is to it.

52129[/snapback]

1968 you say, you're obviously a man of vintage. I can only boast of an attendance record since 1982. Must mean you know more about football eh? It's no wonder I tend to primarily post in the General Chat thread than in here, cos there's always someone like you in here! :tumbleweed::angry:

All i'll say is that if countless others around me at the match in the present day are calling for the pricks head then it tells you something about Dyer's non-performances.

52252[/snapback]

Not at all. It was just a reply to your previous effort of .........

"there's the likes of yourself who think he can offer something to the team. But then there's those like myself and countless others who sit around me at the match "

The implication being that your opinion has more value based on the fact it is supported by these countless people, while doubt is being raised about whether I've ever been to a match or not.

My interpretation of your post is exactly the type you claim sends you to General Chat.

Read your own posts before you make such accusations of others.

52406[/snapback]

I wasn't raising any doubt as to your attendance at the match, I was simply saying that my experiences at the match lead me to believe that there is a huge following who would gladly kcik Dyer out of the club of I would do given half the chance. 70% of the Gallowgate would be my estimate.

If anything your opinion holds more sway with me personally cos you go to the match, but at the same time it bemuses me as were watching the same thing yet our opinions are so different. But that's the beauty of football and this forum, if we all had the same opinions where would we be?

51824[/snapback]

Going to explain why?

51830[/snapback]

He can't pass, control, head, tackle, finish, read the game. Sticking him up front would be the lesser of 2 evils but it would simply mean another "striker" playing with the ball bobbling up around his knees (see Ameobi).

Dyer hasn't progressed as a footballer for at least 3 or 4 years now, yet he still gets into our team, is paid a small fortune and gets into the England squad!!

Were being short changed by this prick yet some fans think he should play up front! :rimshot:

At least with Bellamy after his first year of showing us he had raw talent, the second season he'd honed certain area's of his game and had improved significantly, whereas Dyer in contrast is still at the level he was after his first season with us, and that level imo is pretty fucking mediocre!

51846[/snapback]

I don't agree with much of that, but I appreciate it that you offered the reply.

51862[/snapback]

You've got your opinion i've got mine and that's fair enough, I think overall the fans are still split over Dyer, there's the likes of yourself who think he can offer something to the team. But then there's those like myself and countless others who sit around me at the match of the opinion that he's totally overated, overpaid and has nowt but pace. I'm in that camp but hope he can prove me wrong in the future but I've been saying that for the last 3-4 years now.

He came on against WBA and did well, wouldn't go as for as to say he changed the game as others have said though, but if he'd have come into a game against a decent team I very much doubt he would have had an impact. He seems to do alright against lesser opposition and go missing in games against bigger and better opposition for too often for me. And if were going to get anywhere we need players who can perform against the better teams. I can see Parker, Emre, Owen, Solano, Shearer all doing this but not Dyer and for 80k a week were being short-changed.

51936[/snapback]

Just thought I'd mention I've been going to matches since 1968, so I know what it's like to have 'countless others sitting around me', like.

I have no great belief that Dyer is a fantastic player, I just think from our current options I'd select him alongside Owen. That's all there is to it.

52129[/snapback]

1968 you say, you're obviously a man of vintage. I can only boast of an attendance record since 1982. Must mean you know more about football eh? It's no wonder I tend to primarily post in the General Chat thread than in here, cos there's always someone like you in here! :tumbleweed::angry:

All i'll say is that if countless others around me at the match in the present day are calling for the pricks head then it tells you something about Dyer's non-performances.

52252[/snapback]

"there's the likes of yourself who think he can offer something to the team. But then there's those like myself and countless others who sit around me at the match "

The implication being that your opinion has more value based on the fact it is supported by these countless people, while doubt is being raised about whether I've ever been to a match or not.

My interpretation of your post is exactly the type you claim sends you to General Chat.

52406[/snapback]

I wasn't raising any doubt as to your attendance at the match, I was simply saying that my experiences at the match lead me to believe that there is a huge following who would gladly kcik Dyer out of the club of I would do given half the chance. 70% of the Gallowgate would be my estimate.

If anything your opinion holds more sway with me personally cos you go to the match, but at the same time it bemuses me as were watching the same thing yet our opinions are so different. But that's the beauty of football and this forum, if we all had the same opinions where would we be?

52415[/snapback]

Aye, well I've mostly been in the 'proper' end.... the Leazes.

There is unrest about Dyer and his antics off the pitch ( much worse than the hugely vilified Bellamy ) but I wouldn't say it's anything like 70%. Anyway, the point is that most people who are pissed off with him are pissed off because they realise he's a good player going to waste. He was allowed to go off the rails by Robson, most of us know that. So far, Mr Souness hasn't managed to sort him out to the point where he plays enough matches, but if he can do that then we have a good player. If he can't, then we have a waster. Which is really more or less what he is now.

The fact Dyer's personality is shite doesn't make him a bad player though, a good manager will get performances from him, and he is a good footballer imo.

The main point for me is that Mr Souness has left us with only Owen as a real threat, Shearer is on his last legs, Ameobi should be on the beach and Chopra isn't worth a mention. Dyer is the only viable alternative really.

I go out on the gay scene a fair bit, so I'm used to dealing with pricks. I'd say that makes me far better placed to judge Dyer than this "Howaythelads" character. :tumbleweed:

52209[/snapback]

I'd say it makes you well placed to judge HTL.

52210[/snapback]

If you have an issue with me Alex go to PM and we'll arrange a meeting before the next match.

52409[/snapback]

:angry: No need. Don't you know this is the craic forum?

51824[/snapback]

Going to explain why?

51830[/snapback]

51846[/snapback]

51862[/snapback]

51936[/snapback]

52129[/snapback]

52252[/snapback]

52406[/snapback]

52415[/snapback]

Aye, well I've mostly been in the 'proper' end.... the Leazes.

There is unrest about Dyer and his antics off the pitch ( much worse than the hugely vilified Bellamy ) but I wouldn't say it's anything like 70%. Anyway, the point is that most people who are pissed off with him are pissed off because they realise he's a good player going to waste. He was allowed to go off the rails by Robson, most of us know that. So far, Mr Souness hasn't managed to sort him out to the point where he plays enough matches, but if he can do that then we have a good player. If he can't, then we have a waster. Which is really more or less what he is now.

The fact Dyer's personality is shite doesn't make him a bad player though, a good manager will get performances from him, and he is a good footballer imo.

The main point for me is that Mr Souness has left us with only Owen as a real threat, Shearer is on his last legs, Ameobi should be on the beach and Chopra isn't worth a mention. Dyer is the only viable alternative really.

52444[/snapback]

I think perhaps your making too much of his personality, Bellamy was a prick and the fans loved him anyway but with Dyer it's a sheer lack of ability, the constant flattering to decieve and endless big games where he goes missing, he should never make our first choice midfield and his finishing is diabolical so he shouldn't get a game upfront either but I can see your point in Ameobi and Chopra as piss poor options after Owen and Shearer. I can only hope Luque comes good and Souness see's the need for him to play upfront when Shearer's tired, him and Owen upfront and N'Zogbia keeping his place on the left imo is a better team than having Dyer in it in any position.

52409[/snapback]

Sad hard old man tbh

As for someone's quip of Dyer running all day could you please remind me of when this was

52534[/snapback]

The person who thinks he's 'hard' is the person dishing out the abuse and the pathetic insults.

It's easy to do that from behind a PC, isn't it? Well, that's the person who is a sad fucker and that person isn't me.

Edited by Howaythelads

I think perhaps your making too much of his personality, Bellamy was a prick and the fans loved him anyway but with Dyer it's a sheer lack of ability, the constant flattering to decieve and endless big games where he goes missing, he should never make our first choice midfield and his finishing is diabolical so he shouldn't get a game upfront either but I can see your point in Ameobi and Chopra as piss poor options after Owen and Shearer. I can only hope Luque comes good and Souness see's the need for him to play upfront when Shearer's tired, him and Owen upfront and N'Zogbia keeping his place on the left imo is a better team than having Dyer in it in any position.

52550[/snapback]

That's fair up to a point. I would say that all of our players have gone missing in big matches in recent times, not just Dyer.

I'll reserve any judgement on Luque, especially as a striker, until I've seen him play for us in the EPL. I don't think Zog is ready to be relied up yet either, he will be, but it's still early for him. He'll need a rest at some stage.

52409[/snapback]

Sad hard old man tbh

As for someone's quip of Dyer running all day could you please remind me of when this was

52534[/snapback]

The person who thinks he's 'hard' is the person dishing out the abuse and the pathetic insults.

It's easy to do that from behind a PC, isn't it? Well, that's the person who is a sad fucker and that person isn't me.

52562[/snapback]

To be honest I've tried to be resonable with you, it doesn't seem to work so in repsonse I've wound you up. Funnily enough, you claim not to be wound up, yet you're offering to meet up before the match, presumably for some good old fashioned fisty-cuffs. I'll bet that was how you used to sort out things in the Army eh? Personally, I like to think I'm above solving matters in that manner. If you can't handle the banter, stay off the board or better still ignore me. I'm more than happy to do the same to you.

52409[/snapback]

Sad hard old man tbh

52534[/snapback]

52562[/snapback]

HTL, your the one that made yourself look silly with the 'pathetic' comment, i was just taking the piss with mine, i thought you had more about you than to lower yourself to the level of offering people on outside the ground.

Your not a Gremlin are you?

:tumbleweed:

To be fair it wasn't obvious to me that htl wanted handbags at 10 paces pre match, I was under the impression they would go to the Strawberry for a pint and a chat about their difference and sort it out like real men, ending in a male bonding session in the mens bogs playing the biscuit game!

To be fair it wasn't obvious to me that htl wanted handbags at 10 paces pre match, I was under the impression they would go to the Strawberry for a pint and a chat about their difference and sort it out like real men, ending in a male bonding session in the mens bogs playing the biscuit game!

52649[/snapback]

52649[/snapback]

52650[/snapback]

I take it that means it would be right up your straza then Al?! :tumbleweed:

52649[/snapback]

52650[/snapback]

I take it that means it would be right up your straza then Al?! :tumbleweed:

52656[/snapback]

You can take it anyway you want, doesn't mean it's true though :angry:

Dyer has got away on potential for far too long. Its time he started showing everyone what he can do rather than talking about it and showing flashes of promise. For a player with his pace he very rarely takes people on, his passing and shooting are no where near the level they should be.

All this depends on him getting fit of course which looks like its never going to happen.

If you're going to lower yourself to making threats on a forum I reckon your bluff should be called. Maybe a selection of forum members could form a circle in the street shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!". You might get a smack in the mouth alex but its the right thing to do

Edited by luckypierre

Perhaps HTL should be transfered to SuperSimonWoods Forum, he'd fit right in there.

The person who refers to Souness as 'The Bully' offering someone out? Can you see the irony HTL? I doubt it.

52712[/snapback]

Takes one to no one maybe.

But, but but.....Luque is a striker. You have him on the left of midfield. :rimshot:

51650[/snapback]

Luque is not a striker, he is a left side pacy midfielder - you can call him a winger.

With the current squad I would say a 4-4-2 is the best option. Why? Well because two of the biggest strenghts at Newcastle are Sherar and Owen. If they can form an understanding and a good partnership (like Vasell and Cole have at City) then there will be a LOT of goals.

To play them in a formation where the do that, is to play them in a 4-4-2. A daimond 4-4-2 will not work, simply because the two main players who provide service are Solano (right) and Luque (left) where Nzogbia is playing now. So to accomodate these players a flat 4-4-2 is whats needed, and thats what Souness is playing.

------Solano--------Parker-------Emre--------Luque/Nzogbia

----------------Sherar---------------Owen

If you have a daimond then Parker sits, Solano and Luque are on the sides and Emre at the tip. This could leave you open as Luque and Solano will have to help out a lot in defense, a lot more than they would have to in a flat 4-4-2. But the flat 4-4-2 quickly changes into a makeshift Daimond because Emre does move up the pitch.

Once Sherar retires a 4-3-3 looks good on the books.

------Emre--------Parker-------Dyer

---Solano---------Owen----------Luque

If Souness can master that formation it would give the team a whole new dimension. Although, im not sure if Owen can play lone striker.

But, but but.....Luque is a striker. You have him on the left of midfield. :rimshot:

51650[/snapback]

Luque is not a striker, he is a left side pacy midfielder - you can call him a winger.

52718[/snapback]

In the same sense that Drogba is a right back?

FFS people, have you ever watched Spanish football? Have any of you ever actually been to any of the matches? Have any of you even seen Luque play in Spain?

I'm seriously doubting it. I've actually seen him in 6 games (I was at the game!) where he played UP FRONT as a STRIKER. His previous club referred to him as a striker. All media refer to him as a striker. He's played most of his career up front.

I'm bored of this argument, especially as it's coming from people who obviously know jack shit.

*goes to ring Luque to get him to register and settle this once and for all* :tumbleweed: