4-1-4-1

ChocChip

:rimshot: yet again tbh

52769[/snapback]

?

52772[/snapback]

Whoosh, straight over your head i presume, anyway it's not Alex being childish and "ruining the forum", that lies closer to your door my friend.

Anyway thought you said you were fucking off?

Edited by Smooth Operator

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you example HTL, re: Robert I entered into a debate with you recently. I disagreed but accepted your points, to which iirc you replied 'You're wrong' or words to that effect. It's not the first time I've encountered a similar attitude with you so I generally think to myself 'why bother?' when it comes to you. I find you unreasonable and sanctimonious to be honest. I don't really care what you think of me and I expect the feelings mutual.

52774[/snapback]

You're wrong. You know nowt.

Just a joke, mate.

Why don't you just ignore me then, instead of spoiling the forum with your childish snipes. Or is it that I wind you up?

52776[/snapback]

You snipe at me though:-

(See the first post on the page)

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...opic=2394&st=80

Seriously though, I'm more than happy to draw a line under this and I'm sorry if I pissed you off.

But, but but.....Luque is a striker. You have him on the left of midfield. :rimshot:

51650[/snapback]

Luque is not a striker, he is a left side pacy midfielder - you can call him a winger.

52718[/snapback]

In the same sense that Drogba is a right back?

FFS people, have you ever watched Spanish football? Have any of you ever actually been to any of the matches? Have any of you even seen Luque play in Spain?

I'm seriously doubting it. I've actually seen him in 6 games (I was at the game!) where he played UP FRONT as a STRIKER. His previous club referred to him as a striker. All media refer to him as a striker. He's played most of his career up front.

I'm bored of this argument, especially as it's coming from people who obviously know jack shit.

*goes to ring Luque to get him to register and settle this once and for all* :tumbleweed:

52722[/snapback]

I have watched a lot of Spanish Football. Let me ask you this, whats Luque's greatest asset? His pace? How would you make most use of that? Play him on the flanks!

He might have played as striker before, heck Robben has played as striker before. But, the position in which he can contribute the most is on the left flank.

Can i 2nd the motion that Luque is a striker! Thanks.

Yogic - you say 4-3-3 maybe a good idea when Shearer hangs his boots up but then express reservations about him playing upfront alone. Which is it to be?

52739[/snapback]

I just said it could be an option and maybe its a good idea. If Owen can adapt well as the lone striker and Souness (if he is around) can understand and put the 4-3-3 to good use then its a formation worth trying with Luque and Solano as the wingers.

That way you get to use Dyer Emre and Parker which is a strong side.

I have watched a lot of Spanish Football. Let me ask you this, whats Luque's greatest asset? His pace? How would you make most use of that? Play him on the flanks!

He might have played as striker before, heck Robben has played as striker before. But, the position in which he can contribute the most is on the left flank.

52781[/snapback]

There's now 2 of you in the world who would play Bellamy down the right.

52769[/snapback]

?

52772[/snapback]

Whoosh, straight over your head i presume, anyway it's not Alex being childish and "ruining the forum", that lies closer to your door my friend.

52779[/snapback]

You shouldn't presume anything, *my friend*.

So you're another one who thinks it's ok to abuse people because it's the internet. Oh well, I suppose we all have different standards. Some are lower than others.

What exactly was this abuse? Seriously? I must have missed it, I haven't seen anything that couldn't be described as banter until recently in this thread, when someone has been indirectly threatened with physical violence.

52770[/snapback]

Your answer is two posts down from your original I'm quoting.

I expect you missed it because it's acceptable by your standards to abuse and take the piss. Why would you spot it?

I'll give you example HTL, re: Robert I entered into a debate with you recently. I disagreed but accepted your points, to which iirc you replied 'You're wrong' or words to that effect. It's not the first time I've encountered a similar attitude with you so I generally think to myself 'why bother?' when it comes to you. I find you unreasonable and sanctimonious to be honest. I don't really care what you think of me and I expect the feelings mutual.

52774[/snapback]

You're wrong. You know nowt.

Just a joke, mate.

Why don't you just ignore me then, instead of spoiling the forum with your childish snipes. Or is it that I wind you up?

52776[/snapback]

You snipe at me though:-

(See the first post on the page)

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...opic=2394&st=80

Seriously though, I'm more than happy to draw a line under this and I'm sorry if I pissed you off.

52780[/snapback]

You haven't pissed me off, Alex. Despite what you and others may believe I have far more important things on my mind that what happens on this forum. I'm just pointing out, and you've later confirmed, that you like to snipe at people on the grounds you dislike their writing style. In return, that's very arrogant of you, to say the least.

You've inferred I'm a 'wanker' and a 'sad fucker' in this thread alone though HTL, yet you don't think it's ok to abuse people?

52792[/snapback]

Err aye. But I think things have moved on a bit in this thread, have they not? I haven't inferred anything of the sort elsewhere, have I?

I wasn't the first to mention someone being 'sad', mate. Keep up, as you like to tell others.

Edited by Howaythelads

52769[/snapback]

?

52772[/snapback]

52779[/snapback]

You shouldn't presume anything, *my friend*.

So you're another one who thinks it's ok to abuse people because it's the internet. Oh well, I suppose we all have different standards. Some are lower than others.

52789[/snapback]

It's ok to abuse people yes cos it's all light entertainment in my eyes. I would say it to your face too mate, now I probably will never get the chance to but you have my word - or are my standards too low for you to accept my word?

I'm intrigued as to the other things in your life that are more important? Not enough wanking time for having to post retorts on here to people who take issue with you? :tumbleweed:

It's ok to abuse people yes cos it's all light entertainment in my eyes. I would say it to your face too mate, now I probably will never get the chance to but you have my word - or are my standards too low for you to accept my word?

I'm intrigued as to the other things in your life that are more important? Not enough wanking time for having to post retorts on here to people who take issue with you?  :rimshot:

52802[/snapback]

Yes, you're right of course.

I'm intrigued as to the other things in your life that are more important? Not enough wanking time for having to post retorts on here to people who take issue with you?  :rimshot:

52802[/snapback]

52810[/snapback]

He's having a laugh man.

52802[/snapback]

52810[/snapback]

He's having a laugh man.

52811[/snapback]

Forgive me if I don't take your work for it, Alex.

I'm intrigued as to the other things in your life that are more important? Not enough wanking time for having to post retorts on here to people who take issue with you?  :tumbleweed:

52802[/snapback]

52810[/snapback]

He's having a laugh man.

52811[/snapback]

52812[/snapback]

FFS HTL

Get a grip man.

And you ? why I suggested you were :rimshot:

It's not just the dummy out the pram now, it's all your toys too.

I think you've passed the point of no return on this forum, do yourself a favour and do a google search for "Non offensive NUFC forum where i can post utter shite and feel better about myself"

I'm intrigued as to the other things in your life that are more important? Not enough wanking time for having to post retorts on here to people who take issue with you?  :tumbleweed:

52802[/snapback]

52810[/snapback]

He's having a laugh man.

52811[/snapback]

52812[/snapback]

FFS HTL

Get a grip man.

I think you've passed the point of no return on this forum, do yourself a favour and do a google search for "Non offensive NUFC forum where i can post utter shite and feel better about myself"

52819[/snapback]

What are you on about now? I'm not (whatever that icon thing is that you then went on about dummies and prams).

I'm sitting here having a cup of tea and grinning like fcuk, man.

Getting to the topic of posting utter shite. Care to post your views again about Dyer being a shite footballer? Oh, I forgot, 70% of people around you think the same. You must be able to count past 10, then. Well done. You obviously went to a better school than I did.

52802[/snapback]

52810[/snapback]

He's having a laugh man.

52811[/snapback]

52812[/snapback]

FFS HTL

Get a grip man.

52819[/snapback]

What are you on about now? I'm not (whatever that icon thing is that you then went on about dummies and prams).

I'm sitting here having a cup of tea and grinning like fcuk, man.

Getting to the topic of posting utter shite. Care to post your views again about Dyer being a shite footballer? Oh, I forgot, 70% of people around you think the same. You must be able to count past 10, then. Well done. You obviously went to a better school than I did.

52825[/snapback]

I bet your one of those daft cunts who wears those fcuk tops, saying "cool as fcuk" or "so fcuk".

He is a shite footballer imo, compared to other midfielders we have who are strong in al the important area's of the game and who will no doubt progress as players and not stand still for years. 70% may have been an over estimation, but i can count, i know exactly how many fingers i'm holding up at you right now.

Tea? You should get some Horlicks down you and in for an early night before fight night tomorrow you old bruiser.

I bet your one of those daft cunts who wears those fcuk tops, saying "cool as fcuk" or "so fcuk".

He is a shite footballer imo, compared to other midfielders we have who are strong in al the important area's of the game and who will no doubt progress as players and not stand still for years. 70% may have been an over estimation, but i can count, i know exactly how many fingers i'm holding up at you right now.

Tea? You should get some Horlicks down you and in for an early night before fight night tomorrow you old bruiser.

52837[/snapback]

:rimshot:

Hey I'm wearing a FCUK Work T shirt, and I'm at work! Am I uncool? :tumbleweed:

No no no. You read my mind mate, that's my image of you. I walk around with a tight Guinness top on. Introduce yourself if you see me this evening.

Now now. :rimshot:

52837[/snapback]

In actual fact, I prefer to knock back a couple of glasses of brandy after half a dozen pints of Guinness on a Friday night.

What's 'fight night?' Is that when you lads have knocked back 3 pints of shandy instead of 2?

and that's coming from you of all people! Can't believe how double faced you are.

HTL, you need to chill out man. How long have you been posting in forums? It's difficult to accurately convey/interpret emotion, sarcasm, wit or comedy in a text based environment - not all of us are Shakespere. :tumbleweed:

Don't take this as me sounding facetious (because I'm not) but you're displaying the classic signs of a newbie to a forum environment. I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I've not read all of the other posts you and Alex have made in other forums but in this thread, Alex was not deliberatly being insulting - at least I dont believe he was.

This forum is largely male populated, so a fair percentage of the banter is male orientated. Some of it can be a little cutting, could be interpreted as vicious but really it's generally good natured. Think - a bunch of lads down the pub. The banter between a group of male friends can be cutting, could even be interpreted as being vicious but it's not - because they're all mates and they a comfortable taking the piss out of each other and the banter is good natured. This forum is generally like that.

Hells bollocks man, if we all got upset at this, then Gemmil would be upset at the fact that he is a big gay robot who never accepts he's wrong and manc-mag is a tart; Steve from Oz has long hair and looks like that bloke from Neighbours (who's name I cant remember or be arsed to google for) and Bridget is a lesbian loafer student 'studying' at Oxford - and that's just for starters.

I've been around on this forum and in many of it's previous incarnations although I've never been a huge poster. Gemmil incidentally, was spam-master on the last incarnation of this forum, Oz Steve was a close second IIRC. Some of us remember http://toontastic.linuxdriven.net, some of us even remember a time before the database went down - twice. Alex has been around longer than that and although I've never actually met the bloke, I've never known his posting to be much more than banter. The alex/blaydon et al late night banter was one of the reasons this forum was so funny in previous years.

You've been flamed a little during this thread for your responses, but you've also been offered an Olive branch by Alex - should this be a misunderstanding. Generally, people have little time for those who are unnecessarily aggressive, but also, people can be a little quick to jump on those who they think are being aggressive - and I include you in that group.

Taking your comment about looking back and thinking things that seemed right at the time now feel stupid (I have long hair..... maybe I'll see your point when I get older); re-read this thread but take Alex's comments as a mickey take with no malice intended and hopefully you'll see things in a different light.

We have a great age range of posters on this forum and we dont all agree on anything - which is mint, because thats the fun of it. For example: Leazesmag (an older poster) hates Souness to the point of no return and he's been going to Toon matches for at least as long as I've been born (and that's not as young as it's sounds) yet some of us think he needs time to at least have a fair crack at getting the best out of the squad he has assembled.

I'm not going to comment on the 'meeting before the match' comment. You may have wanted to crack him one, or you may have actually wanted a pint in the Strawberry to discuss the finer points of your argument - let's move on shall we? we're all bigger than that.

My advice? - call it quits and lets concentrate on the matters of NUFC - clean slate for all? Hell, we could even return to this thread's original subjects - a discussion about formations for the team, owen as a lone striker, is Luque a striker and whether or not Dyer is a waste of space. :rimshot:

PS - it's taken me three (large) glasses of wine to write this post and I'm now off for a fourth - bottle permitting..... it's a Fetzer - should have been £8 but got it for £4 from Sainsbury's. It's rather nice actually, I'm pleased I bought 6. :angry:

Edited by maggiespaws

HTL, you need to chill out man. How long have you been posting in forums? It's difficult to accurately convey/interpret emotion, sarcasm, wit or comedy in a text based environment - not all of us are Shakespere. :tumbleweed:

Don't take this as me sounding facetious (because I'm not) but you're displaying the classic signs of a newbie to a forum environment. I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I've not read all of the other posts you and Alex have made in other forums but in this thread, Alex was not deliberatly being insulting - at least I dont believe he was.

This forum is largely male populated, so a fair percentage of the banter is male orientated. Some of it can be a little cutting, could be interpreted as vicious but really it's generally good natured. Think - a bunch of lads down the pub. The banter between a group of male friends can be cutting, could even be interpreted as being vicious but it's not - because they're all mates and they a comfortable taking the piss out of each other and the banter is good natured. This forum is generally like that.

Hells bollocks man, if we all got upset at this, then Gemmil would be upset at the fact that he is a big gay robot who never accepts he's wrong and manc-mag is a tart; Steve from Oz has long hair and looks like that bloke from Neighbours (who's name I cant remember or be arsed to google for) and Bridget is a lesbian loafer student 'studying' at Oxford - and that's just for starters.

I've been around on this forum and in many of it's previous incarnations although I've never been a huge poster. Gemmil incidentally, was spam-master on the last incarnation of this forum, Oz Steve was a close second IIRC. Some of us remember http://toontastic.linuxdriven.net, some of us even remember a time before the database went down - twice. Alex has been around longer than that and although I've never actually met the bloke, I've never known his posting to be much more than banter. The alex/blaydon et al late night banter was one of the reasons this forum was so funny in previous years.

You've been flamed a little during this thread for your responses, but you've also been offered an Olive branch by Alex - should this be a misunderstanding. Generally, people have little time for those who are unnecessarily aggressive, but also, people can be a little quick to jump on those who they think are being aggressive - and I include you in that group.

Taking your comment about looking back and thinking things that seemed right at the time now feel stupid (I have long hair..... maybe I'll see your point when I get older); re-read this thread but take Alex's comments as a mickey take with no malice intended and hopefully you'll see things in a different light.

We have a great age range of posters on this forum and we dont all agree on anything - which is mint, because thats the fun of it. For example: Leazesmag (an older poster) hates Souness to the point of no return and he's been going to Toon matches for at least as long as I've been born (and that's not as young as it's sounds) yet some of us think he needs time to at least have a fair crack at getting the best out of the squad he has assembled.

I'm not going to comment on the 'meeting before the match' comment. You may have wanted to crack him one, or you may have actually wanted a pint in the Strawberry to discuss the finer points of your argument - let's move on shall we? we're all bigger than that.

My advice? - call it quits and lets concentrate on the matters of NUFC - clean slate for all? Hell, we could even return to this thread's original subjects - a discussion about formations for the team, owen as a lone striker, is Luque a striker and whether or not Dyer is a waste of space. :rimshot:

PS - it's taken me three (large) glasses of wine to write this post and I'm now off for a fourth - bottle permitting..... it's a Fetzer - should have been £8 but got it for £4 from Sainsbury's. It's rather nice actually, I'm pleased I bought 6.  :angry:

52918[/snapback]

Good post actually.

As many will complain about, I've been around for ages. :angry:

What people like you and others call banter, I call insults and abuse. Strange how when I retaliate with abuse and insults you people don't consider it to be banter.

What's the point in talking about football on here? Most of what is posted on here is CM generated cack, posted by people who haven't a clue what they're on about iibafhai.

That's banter by the way. :angry:

Has anyone seen alex?  I'm worried about him.

:D

53188[/snapback]

If he stopped posting that would be one less person for you to follow, wouldn't it. :D

He's been a twat the last few days, posting sarcasm after most of my posts, but now and again he does put a decent post up that looks like a brain is behind it.

I'm surprised you haven't learned from him, since you appear to bow and scrape after him most of the time. :D Then again, I'm not surprised iibafhwya

Edited by Howaythelads