4-1-4-1

ChocChip

HTL, you need to chill out man. How long have you been posting in forums? It's difficult to accurately convey/interpret emotion, sarcasm, wit or comedy in a text based environment - not all of us are Shakespere. :D

Don't take this as me sounding facetious (because I'm not) but you're displaying the classic signs of a newbie to a forum environment. I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I've not read all of the other posts you and Alex have made in other forums but in this thread, Alex was not deliberatly being insulting - at least I dont believe he was.

This forum is largely male populated, so a fair percentage of the banter is male orientated. Some of it can be a little cutting, could be interpreted as vicious but really it's generally good natured. Think - a bunch of lads down the pub. The banter between a group of male friends can be cutting, could even be interpreted as being vicious but it's not - because they're all mates and they a comfortable taking the piss out of each other and the banter is good natured. This forum is generally like that.

Hells bollocks man, if we all got upset at this, then Gemmil would be upset at the fact that he is a big gay robot who never accepts he's wrong and manc-mag is a tart; Steve from Oz has long hair and looks like that bloke from Neighbours (who's name I cant remember or be arsed to google for) and Bridget is a lesbian loafer student 'studying' at Oxford - and that's just for starters.

I've been around on this forum and in many of it's previous incarnations although I've never been a huge poster. Gemmil incidentally, was spam-master on the last incarnation of this forum, Oz Steve was a close second IIRC. Some of us remember http://toontastic.linuxdriven.net, some of us even remember a time before the database went down - twice. Alex has been around longer than that and although I've never actually met the bloke, I've never known his posting to be much more than banter. The alex/blaydon et al late night banter was one of the reasons this forum was so funny in previous years.

You've been flamed a little during this thread for your responses, but you've also been offered an Olive branch by Alex - should this be a misunderstanding. Generally, people have little time for those who are unnecessarily aggressive, but also, people can be a little quick to jump on those who they think are being aggressive - and I include you in that group.

Taking your comment about looking back and thinking things that seemed right at the time now feel stupid (I have long hair..... maybe I'll see your point when I get older); re-read this thread but take Alex's comments as a mickey take with no malice intended and hopefully you'll see things in a different light.

We have a great age range of posters on this forum and we dont all agree on anything - which is mint, because thats the fun of it. For example: Leazesmag (an older poster) hates Souness to the point of no return and he's been going to Toon matches for at least as long as I've been born (and that's not as young as it's sounds) yet some of us think he needs time to at least have a fair crack at getting the best out of the squad he has assembled.

I'm not going to comment on the 'meeting before the match' comment. You may have wanted to crack him one, or you may have actually wanted a pint in the Strawberry to discuss the finer points of your argument - let's move on shall we? we're all bigger than that.

My advice? - call it quits and lets concentrate on the matters of NUFC - clean slate for all? Hell, we could even return to this thread's original subjects - a discussion about formations for the team, owen as a lone striker, is Luque a striker and whether or not Dyer is a waste of space. :D

PS - it's taken me three (large) glasses of wine to write this post and I'm now off for a fourth - bottle permitting..... it's a Fetzer - should have been £8 but got it for £4 from Sainsbury's. It's rather nice actually, I'm pleased I bought 6.  :puke:

52918[/snapback]

Good post actually. Thank you

As many will complain about, I've been around for ages. :D Right then, I guess I must not have noticed. Have you always had the same forum name?

What people like you and others call banter, I call insults and abuse. Strange how when I retaliate with abuse and insults you people don't consider it to be banter. Key thing - Context. In the context of this thread your banter seems abusive :P

What's the point in talking about football on here? Most of what is posted on here is CM generated cack, posted by people who haven't a clue what they're on about iibafhai.

Some do talk like that so you take it with a pinch of salt, but not all of us are like that. Some of us have different ways of talking out of our arses :redcard:

That's banter by the way. :puke:

52936[/snapback]

Incidentally, wtf does 'iibafhai' mean is that text speak????

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTL, you need to chill out man. How long have you been posting in forums? It's difficult to accurately convey/interpret emotion, sarcasm, wit or comedy in a text based environment - not all of us are Shakespere. :D

Don't take this as me sounding facetious (because I'm not) but you're displaying the classic signs of a newbie to a forum environment. I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I've not read all of the other posts you and Alex have made in other forums but in this thread, Alex was not deliberatly being insulting - at least I dont believe he was.

This forum is largely male populated, so a fair percentage of the banter is male orientated. Some of it can be a little cutting, could be interpreted as vicious but really it's generally good natured. Think - a bunch of lads down the pub. The banter between a group of male friends can be cutting, could even be interpreted as being vicious but it's not - because they're all mates and they a comfortable taking the piss out of each other and the banter is good natured. This forum is generally like that.

Hells bollocks man, if we all got upset at this, then Gemmil would be upset at the fact that he is a big gay robot who never accepts he's wrong and manc-mag is a tart; Steve from Oz has long hair and looks like that bloke from Neighbours (who's name I cant remember or be arsed to google for) and Bridget is a lesbian loafer student 'studying' at Oxford - and that's just for starters.

I've been around on this forum and in many of it's previous incarnations although I've never been a huge poster. Gemmil incidentally, was spam-master on the last incarnation of this forum, Oz Steve was a close second IIRC. Some of us remember http://toontastic.linuxdriven.net, some of us even remember a time before the database went down - twice. Alex has been around longer than that and although I've never actually met the bloke, I've never known his posting to be much more than banter. The alex/blaydon et al late night banter was one of the reasons this forum was so funny in previous years.

You've been flamed a little during this thread for your responses, but you've also been offered an Olive branch by Alex - should this be a misunderstanding. Generally, people have little time for those who are unnecessarily aggressive, but also, people can be a little quick to jump on those who they think are being aggressive - and I include you in that group.

Taking your comment about looking back and thinking things that seemed right at the time now feel stupid (I have long hair..... maybe I'll see your point when I get older); re-read this thread but take Alex's comments as a mickey take with no malice intended and hopefully you'll see things in a different light.

We have a great age range of posters on this forum and we dont all agree on anything - which is mint, because thats the fun of it. For example: Leazesmag (an older poster) hates Souness to the point of no return and he's been going to Toon matches for at least as long as I've been born (and that's not as young as it's sounds) yet some of us think he needs time to at least have a fair crack at getting the best out of the squad he has assembled.

I'm not going to comment on the 'meeting before the match' comment. You may have wanted to crack him one, or you may have actually wanted a pint in the Strawberry to discuss the finer points of your argument - let's move on shall we? we're all bigger than that.

My advice? - call it quits and lets concentrate on the matters of NUFC - clean slate for all? Hell, we could even return to this thread's original subjects - a discussion about formations for the team, owen as a lone striker, is Luque a striker and whether or not Dyer is a waste of space. :D

PS - it's taken me three (large) glasses of wine to write this post and I'm now off for a fourth - bottle permitting..... it's a Fetzer - should have been £8 but got it for £4 from Sainsbury's. It's rather nice actually, I'm pleased I bought 6.  :puke:

52918[/snapback]

As many will complain about, I've been around for ages. :DRight then, I guess I must not have noticed. Have you always had the same forum name?

What people like you and others call banter, I call insults and abuse. Strange how when I retaliate with abuse and insults you people don't consider it to be banter. Key thing - Context. In the context of this thread your banter seems abusive :P

What's the point in talking about football on here? Most of what is posted on here is CM generated cack, posted by people who haven't a clue what they're on about iibafhai.

Some do talk like that so you take it with a pinch of salt, but not all of us are like that. Some of us have different ways of talking out of our arses :redcard:

52936[/snapback]

53231[/snapback]

I'll take a guess at it:

Could be, If i'm being absolutely fucking honest about it...anywhere close???

Key thing - Context. In the context of this thread your banter seems abusive  :D

Err, good.

In my opinion, the comment I post that you call abuse is little different to the childish sarcasm other people post, that kind of thing is taken by me as an insult, so I'll return with some abuse. If people can't take it, they shouldn't be dishing out the sarcasm. Seems fair enough to me. Either could be called banter, depends whether you're a member of the 'kids gang' or not, I suppose. :D

As for text speak.....I don't write in text speak.

52918[/snapback]

As many will complain about, I've been around for ages. :DRight then, I guess I must not have noticed. Have you always had the same forum name?

52936[/snapback]

53231[/snapback]

I'll take a guess at it:

Could be, If i'm being absolutely fucking honest about it...anywhere close???

53233[/snapback]

Absolutely, iibafhai.

Has anyone seen alex?  I'm worried about him.

:D

53188[/snapback]

If he stopped posting that would be one less person for you to follow, wouldn't it. :D

He's been a twat the last few days, posting sarcasm after most of my posts, but now and again he does put a decent post up that looks like a brain is behind it.

I'm surprised you haven't learned from him, since you appear to bow and scrape after him most of the time. :redcard: Then again, I'm not surprised iibafhwya

53226[/snapback]

Nice one Gripper. :D

gripper.jpg

52936[/snapback]

If you don't mind me saying so that's my biggest problem with you. You tend to dismiss the views of anyone who disagrees with you.

But, but but.....Luque is a striker. You have him on the left of midfield. :D

51650[/snapback]

Luque is not a striker, he is a left side pacy midfielder - you can call him a winger.

52718[/snapback]

In the same sense that Drogba is a right back?

FFS people, have you ever watched Spanish football? Have any of you ever actually been to any of the matches? Have any of you even seen Luque play in Spain?

I'm seriously doubting it. I've actually seen him in 6 games (I was at the game!) where he played UP FRONT as a STRIKER. His previous club referred to him as a striker. All media refer to him as a striker. He's played most of his career up front.

I'm bored of this argument, especially as it's coming from people who obviously know jack shit.

*goes to ring Luque to get him to register and settle this once and for all* :D

52722[/snapback]

I have watched a lot of Spanish Football. Let me ask you this, whats Luque's greatest asset? His pace? How would you make most use of that? Play him on the flanks!

He might have played as striker before, heck Robben has played as striker before. But, the position in which he can contribute the most is on the left flank.

Can i 2nd the motion that Luque is a striker! Thanks.

Yogic - you say 4-3-3 maybe a good idea when Shearer hangs his boots up but then express reservations about him playing upfront alone. Which is it to be?

52739[/snapback]

I just said it could be an option and maybe its a good idea. If Owen can adapt well as the lone striker and Souness (if he is around) can understand and put the 4-3-3 to good use then its a formation worth trying with Luque and Solano as the wingers.

That way you get to use Dyer Emre and Parker which is a strong side.

52781[/snapback]

Luque's greatest asset is his shooting. I find your post a little bit desperate to be honest. :redcard:

So fast players play on the wing, because they're fast..... ok :D

52936[/snapback]

If you don't mind me saying so that's my biggest problem with you. You tend to dismiss the views of anyone who disagrees with you.

53291[/snapback]

You're so transparent, Alex.

Get some help.

Can I just say HTL, as someone who stopped communicating with you because I felt you got abusive with people when they failed to agree with you, no matter how reasonable they were, that I agree with what Alex has said there.

The fact you can't differentiate between some of the CM kiddies on the other forum and most of the posters on here is very telling, to be honest.

Can I just say HTL, as someone who stopped communicating with you because I felt you got abusive with people when they failed to agree with you, no matter how reasonable they were, that I agree with what Alex has said there.

The fact you can't differentiate between some of the CM kiddies on the other forum and most of the posters on here is very telling, to be honest.

53634[/snapback]

Err, the fact that you and others can't tell when I'm posting banter is very telling to be honest. Certain individuals only can banter on this forum.

Err, the fact that you and others can't tell when I'm posting banter is very telling to be honest.  Certain individuals only can banter on this forum.

53646[/snapback]

Yeah, I noticed that had become your all encompassing answer for dismissing and abusing members who didn't completely agree with you. How would you explain the times you resorted to it when people were just trying to have honest conversations?

There's an obvious difference between banter and abuse, you know that, so why resort to these childish lines all the time? The silly thing is if you'd calm down you'd find the majority on this forum agree with you or at least have valid reasons for disagreeing.

Too much time talking to kiddies on the other side? :D

Edited by DotBum

53634[/snapback]

Err, the fact that you and others can't tell when I'm posting banter is very telling to be honest. Certain individuals only can banter on this forum.

53646[/snapback]

But you said yesterday banter was "insulting and abusive" and having a laugh on the football forum meant you didn't give a shite about the club didn't you?

Err, the fact that you and others can't tell when I'm posting banter is very telling to be honest.  Certain individuals only can banter on this forum.

53646[/snapback]

Yeah, I noticed that had become your all encompassing answer for dismissing and abusing members who didn't completely agree with you. How would you explain the times you resorted to it when people were just trying to have honest conversations?

There's an obvious difference between banter and abuse, you know that, so why resort to these childish lines all the time? The silly thing is if you'd calm down you'd find the majority on this forum agree with you or at least have valid reasons for disagreeing.

Too much time talking to kiddies on the other side? :D

53647[/snapback]

I don't post on the 'other side', haven't done for ages. Anyway, it seems you're another one who thinks I'm someone else.

Bloody strange how I don't think everyone who posts shite is you. I could though. Do you seriously believe the CM manager comment earlier wasn't banter? Just interested like. Give me a laugh, go on. Confirm what I already know.

53634[/snapback]

53646[/snapback]

But you said yesterday banter was "insulting and abusive" and having a laugh on the football forum meant you didn't give a shite about the club didn't you?

53659[/snapback]

Just joining in, dummy. :D

Don't try to deflect the fact you aren't a supporter, mate. We all know now.

FWIW and Im sure its no great loss but Howaythelads is the reason I stopped posting on this forum. Trying to discuss anything with him or post a contrary viewpoint always ended with me losing the will to live

53699[/snapback]

Interesting. :D

When I state an opinion, I usually give a reason for holding that opinion.

If someone disagrees, that's fine. But this is a forum to engage in debate, isn't it? There is really no difference between me disagreeing with someone and another person disagreeing with me. However, if I reply I will ask someone why they believe what they believe, you know, if they say Robert or Bellamy is shite I'll ask them to substantiate that view with some facts. The problem some people have is that they don't have a reply to a question like that.

All I'm after is a football debate, seems difficult to have one.

Your problem in particular is that you in fact never contribute anything to any thread about the topic. You never disagree or agree with anybody, you just post one liners on different subjects. Most odd. I'm sure the majority will remember your posts as well as they remember mine.

FWIW and Im sure its no great loss but Howaythelads is the reason I stopped posting on this forum. Trying to discuss anything with him or post a contrary viewpoint always ended with me losing the will to live

53699[/snapback]

If someone disagrees, that's fine. But this is a forum to engage in debate, isn't it? There is really no difference between me disagreeing with someone and another person disagreeing with me. However, if I reply I will ask someone why they believe what they believe, you know, if they say Robert or Bellamy is shite I'll ask them to substantiate that view with some facts. The problem some people have is that they don't have a reply to a question like that.

Your problem in particular is that you in fact never contribute anything to any thread about the topic. You never disagree or agree with anybody, you just post one liners on different subjects. Most odd. I'm sure the majority will remember your posts as well as they remember mine.

53721[/snapback]

With all due respect HTL, your brand of debate is generally to dismiss out of hand anyone that disagrees with you as someone who knows nothing. One of your classic and frequently used responses to someone that does agree with you is to applaud their post and claim that only an idiot/arsehole/dickhead/wanker could think any differently - hardly the work of someone whose only hope is for a decent football debate.

52936[/snapback]

53291[/snapback]

Get some help.

53620[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't follow. That's an honest assessment of you from my point of view. For the record though I think you talk a lot of sense a lot of the time.

53699[/snapback]

53721[/snapback]

With all due respect HTL, your brand of debate is generally to dismiss out of hand anyone that disagrees with you as someone who knows nothing. One of your classic and frequently used responses to someone that does agree with you is to applaud their post and claim that only an idiot/arsehole/dickhead/wanker could think any differently - hardly the work of someone whose only hope is for a decent football debate.

53722[/snapback]

No, it isn't. The suggestion is a load of bollcoks.

That was banter, no doubt nobody will get it though. :D

Seriously, from where I sit people simply appear to get upset that I don't accept it blindly when they post an opposite opinion, instead asking them to substantiate their opinion with more than just a bland statement. Puts people on the spot like, expects them to have a reason for their opinion that holds water. That's all there is to it. I've never ever suggested that I'm always right. I'm the bloke who said Chris Waddle would never make a footballer, for example.

Dismissing people's posts appears to be the accusation of the moment. All I can say is that replying to a post from anyone with nowt but sarcasm may not be an insult like "fcuk off", but it's arrogantly dismissing someone's opinion nevertheless.

Cheerio

Edited by Howaythelads

52936[/snapback]

53291[/snapback]

Get some help.

53620[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't follow. That's an honest assessment of you from my point of view. For the record though I think you talk a lot of sense a lot of the time.

53724[/snapback]

Thank you. I think you post sense when you're not posting sarcasm or pretending not to understand the true meaning behind a comment.

Edited by Howaythelads

52936[/snapback]

53291[/snapback]

Get some help.

53620[/snapback]

53724[/snapback]

Thank you. I think you post sense when you're not posting sarcasm.

54077[/snapback]

The last bit was sarcastic actually.

:D

FAO Howay the lads (or is that lasses?)

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tampax2hx.png

53675[/snapback]

As I said to Alex. You got a problem with me ( don't know why like ) go to PM.

Surprised you're up and about at 2154, school tomorrow like.

53694[/snapback]

Cos you're a prize twat.

Ooops, sorry, i'll send you a PM like a real man would.

No school, just graft, got a life see, don't go on forums looking for fights. :D

FAO Howay the lads (or is that lasses?)

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tampax2hx.png

53675[/snapback]

As I said to Alex. You got a problem with me ( don't know why like ) go to PM.

Surprised you're up and about at 2154, school tomorrow like.

53694[/snapback]

Cos you're a prize twat.

Ooops, sorry, i'll send you a PM like a real man would.

No school, just graft, got a life see, don't go on forums looking for fights. :naughty:

54129[/snapback]

Who does? Apart from you that is, unless you think calling a stranger a 'twat" to their face might not start a fight, like. Why don't you go out tonight and call a stranger a twat, just to test whether this might start a fight or not? How ironic your comment is.

All I want to talk about is football. It would be nice if people would accept that being asked why they have an opinion is not abuse, but that being called a twat, cunt, bastard, or anything else you lot find acceptable, is abuse.