Good Luck to the Toon

lillywhite

I said its a great away day. What more do you want from me?

I'd like you to go and find a nice Ipswich board or something. :lol:

I think this is the petty bickering people have the hump about TBH mate.

Danny, this post doesn't make sense. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

He should, very much more local club, similar people, similar size clubs, both won the UEFA Cup in the 80's, you've got much more in common with Ipswich fans than ours.

What did you make of 'Arry's comments about no where being like Newcastle by the way Danny in the paper today?

Danny, this post doesn't make sense. ;)

I think we should leave it here eh fop?

He should, very much more local club, similar people, similar size clubs, both won the UEFA Cup in the 80's, you've got much more in common with Ipswich fans than ours.

What did you make of 'Arry's comments about no where being like Newcastle by the way Danny in the paper today?

Didnt see them Steve, you got a link?

Guest Stevie
Get The Sun on your mobile The Sun

The Sun The Web Discussions Blogs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

HOME

MY SUN

SUN LITE

SITE MAP

NEWS ALERTS

SUNTALK - THE HOME OF FREE SPEECH

CONTACT US

Sun Bingo - Play online now Holidays in Europe from £9.50 Sun Local - Classifieds Movie Club - Rent DVDs Free diet - Join Fit Squad today Desktop Keeley - Install for free

SHEARER ... haunted by drop

Northern rot of the three giants

SUNSPORT looks at why three big, proud North East clubs are teetering on the brink

Al will be Shear to stay

Gerro’s like Roy of the Rovers

WIN! Play at a Premier League ground

Ancelotti set for AC D-day

CHELSEA could officially confirm Carlo Ancelotti's appointment as boss on Monday

Rio: No chance I'll miss final

That's a Hull of a U-turn, Fergie

Wenger 'clearly staying' with us

Mikel: I love it at Chelsea

More

CHELSEA could officially confirm Carlo Ancelotti's appointment as boss on Monday

Stevie: Draws cost us crown

Agger: Bright future at Anfield

More

Drogba needs boxing lesson

COLIN HART says Chelsea's stars should take a leaf out of fighter Martin Rogan's book

Haye wants kids to jab not stab

Jin tonic for rampant DeGale

DeGale: I'll be storm trooper

Ricky wasn't ready for this

More

Spiderman star found hanged

Mariah makes a boob

Peter in hiding... as Jordan jets back

Brit hits the sand

Kara strips - as Idol gets champ

Drop will be your fault HARRY REDKNAPP - Columnist

Email the author

Published: Today

THE SAS are doomed on Sunday - that's Shearer and Southgate.

To be honest, I can't see any of the four clubs involved in the relegation battle winning their matches - so it's Newcastle and Middlesbrough who will join West Brom in the Championship next season, in my opinion.

Hull have, ironically, got a bit of luck right at the end of the season.

By playing Manchester United, they have a slither of a chance of getting a result simply because United are involved in the Champions League final next Wednesday.

It's the first thing I always look at when the fixtures come out. I hope we have one of the Big Four on the last day or before big, important games, because I know they will have their priorities elsewhere.

Newcastle play an Aston Villa team desperate to reclaim fifth spot from Everton, Sunderland play Chelsea who have the FA Cup final the following week and Middlesbrough are too far gone to get out of it. The one team with the biggest chance of getting anything is, surprisingly, Hull.

There are all sorts of rumours flying around about Alex Ferguson fielding a weakened team and possible legal action if he does.

How can you do that? For a start, it won't be the first time it's happened.

I think one or two were missing from the line-up when West Ham went up there a couple of years ago on the last day needing to win to stay up.

It's happened loads of times before, in the cups too, so I can't see legal action being very successful. If the boot were on the other foot, none of the other teams would be complaining.

Besides, even a weakened United team is capable of winning against most others in the Premier League, certainly those who have struggled at the bottom all season and, let's face it, haven't been very good.

And above all else, Fergie doesn't owe anything to anybody. He has done right by football this season by going out and winning the Premier League title for the third time in a row.

It's up to him to choose a team as he thinks fit and I don't believe any-one is going to be let down, whoever plays. Newcastle's players just haven't been good enough.

They have proved themselves incapable of turning around the poor run of results and unable to lift the team out of the bottom three.

I honestly thought Alan Shearer's arrival seven games ago was a masterstroke by owner Mike Ashley.

I still believe it was a great choice and I believe and hope Shearer stays on next season and brings them back up again. They are capable of that.

But going to Villa is probably the biggest task facing the threatened clubs. Villa still have something to chase and no team likes to end the season at home on a defeat.

Advertisement

It happened to me when I was at Portsmouth. We lost 1-0 to Fulham, who stayed up on it.

We then went out for a lap of honour and the ground was half empty.

Defeat knocks the party spirit out of the fans and if you lose on the last day, they can't wait to get it over and done with, pack up and go home.

Even with Shearer it's a big ask. When he went into Newcastle it was like a Messiah coming. He was up for it and the fans were up for it - but the players have let him down.

The club has changed manager three times this season and while that's not good, not one of them has been able to get the players to respond - Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear and Shearer can't all be wrong.

Shearer has Iain Dowie in there alongside him and he is a good coach but it just hasn't happened for them.

Sunderland won't beat Chelsea, even a Chelsea team thinking only about their need to get a trophy and win the FA Cup next week.

The Black Cats have made too many errors lately, particularly big errors at key moments. Monday's 3-1 defeat at Portsmouth was the perfect example. They got their heads in front and then lost concentration and made a couple of mistakes.

And, suddenly, they were right under the cosh again when they could have been sitting pretty and safe had they not collapsed.

Middlesbrough are in freefall and even if they win at West Ham, it won't be enough to save them because of their desperate goal difference.

Newcastle and their fans are unique and they're a dying breed in the modern world of Premier League football with its corporate love affair.

The football club dominates the town, the fans up there still live for the team and obsess about it.

St James' Park is an amazing place to go when 55,000 of them turn out in their black-and-white shirts and get the noise going.

They'll be a sad loss but I have no doubt someone like Shearer can bring them back up again.

Maybe it will be good for them to go down and clear out the dead wood and then come up again, refreshed and resurgent.

Its a very nice thing to say. Hes a class act.

'Better than "they always turn us over Im glad to see the back of them" which is what I would have said :lol:

Guest Stevie
Its a very nice thing to say. Hes a class act.

'Better than "they always turn us over Im glad to see the back of them" which is what I would have said :lol:

Or them going makes us the fifth most newsworthy British club now.

Thanks mate. Not really a matter of luck though. If you're in the bottom three after 38 games you were one of the three worst teams and can have no complains about it.

Whilst your right about the 38 games and being in the bottom 3 etc,ive seen us play Sunderland,Blkburn,Boro and Bolton and there aint no way your worse than that lot! Some of that stuff was pure Sunday league!

Danny, FUCK OFF!!!. ;)

FYP :rolleyes:

Thank you very much.

It seems everyone once loved us, now they all hate us! People are so fickle.

Lets all go to SJP and eat worms.

Get The Sun on your mobile The Sun

The Sun The Web Discussions Blogs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

HOME

MY SUN

SUN LITE

SITE MAP

NEWS ALERTS

SUNTALK - THE HOME OF FREE SPEECH

CONTACT US

Sun Bingo - Play online now Holidays in Europe from £9.50 Sun Local - Classifieds Movie Club - Rent DVDs Free diet - Join Fit Squad today Desktop Keeley - Install for free

SHEARER ... haunted by drop

Northern rot of the three giants

SUNSPORT looks at why three big, proud North East clubs are teetering on the brink

Al will be Shear to stay

Gerro’s like Roy of the Rovers

WIN! Play at a Premier League ground

That's a Hull of a U-turn, Fergie

Mikel: I love it at Chelsea

More

Stevie: Draws cost us crown

Agger: Bright future at Anfield

More

Drogba needs boxing lesson

COLIN HART says Chelsea's stars should take a leaf out of fighter Martin Rogan's book

Haye wants kids to jab not stab

Jin tonic for rampant DeGale

DeGale: I'll be storm trooper

Ricky wasn't ready for this

More

Spiderman star found hanged

Mariah makes a boob

Peter in hiding... as Jordan jets back

Brit hits the sand

Kara strips - as Idol gets champ

Drop will be your fault HARRY REDKNAPP - Columnist

Email the author

Published: Today

THE SAS are doomed on Sunday - that's Shearer and Southgate.

To be honest, I can't see any of the four clubs involved in the relegation battle winning their matches - so it's Newcastle and Middlesbrough who will join West Brom in the Championship next season, in my opinion.

Hull have, ironically, got a bit of luck right at the end of the season.

By playing Manchester United, they have a slither of a chance of getting a result simply because United are involved in the Champions League final next Wednesday.

It's the first thing I always look at when the fixtures come out. I hope we have one of the Big Four on the last day or before big, important games, because I know they will have their priorities elsewhere.

Newcastle play an Aston Villa team desperate to reclaim fifth spot from Everton, Sunderland play Chelsea who have the FA Cup final the following week and Middlesbrough are too far gone to get out of it. The one team with the biggest chance of getting anything is, surprisingly, Hull.

There are all sorts of rumours flying around about Alex Ferguson fielding a weakened team and possible legal action if he does.

How can you do that? For a start, it won't be the first time it's happened.

I think one or two were missing from the line-up when West Ham went up there a couple of years ago on the last day needing to win to stay up.

It's happened loads of times before, in the cups too, so I can't see legal action being very successful. If the boot were on the other foot, none of the other teams would be complaining.

Besides, even a weakened United team is capable of winning against most others in the Premier League, certainly those who have struggled at the bottom all season and, let's face it, haven't been very good.

And above all else, Fergie doesn't owe anything to anybody. He has done right by football this season by going out and winning the Premier League title for the third time in a row.

It's up to him to choose a team as he thinks fit and I don't believe any-one is going to be let down, whoever plays. Newcastle's players just haven't been good enough.

They have proved themselves incapable of turning around the poor run of results and unable to lift the team out of the bottom three.

I honestly thought Alan Shearer's arrival seven games ago was a masterstroke by owner Mike Ashley.

I still believe it was a great choice and I believe and hope Shearer stays on next season and brings them back up again. They are capable of that.

But going to Villa is probably the biggest task facing the threatened clubs. Villa still have something to chase and no team likes to end the season at home on a defeat.

Advertisement

It happened to me when I was at Portsmouth. We lost 1-0 to Fulham, who stayed up on it.

We then went out for a lap of honour and the ground was half empty.

Defeat knocks the party spirit out of the fans and if you lose on the last day, they can't wait to get it over and done with, pack up and go home.

Even with Shearer it's a big ask. When he went into Newcastle it was like a Messiah coming. He was up for it and the fans were up for it - but the players have let him down.

The club has changed manager three times this season and while that's not good, not one of them has been able to get the players to respond - Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear and Shearer can't all be wrong.

Shearer has Iain Dowie in there alongside him and he is a good coach but it just hasn't happened for them.

Sunderland won't beat Chelsea, even a Chelsea team thinking only about their need to get a trophy and win the FA Cup next week.

The Black Cats have made too many errors lately, particularly big errors at key moments. Monday's 3-1 defeat at Portsmouth was the perfect example. They got their heads in front and then lost concentration and made a couple of mistakes.

And, suddenly, they were right under the cosh again when they could have been sitting pretty and safe had they not collapsed.

Middlesbrough are in freefall and even if they win at West Ham, it won't be enough to save them because of their desperate goal difference.

Newcastle and their fans are unique and they're a dying breed in the modern world of Premier League football with its corporate love affair.

The football club dominates the town, the fans up there still live for the team and obsess about it.

St James' Park is an amazing place to go when 55,000 of them turn out in their black-and-white shirts and get the noise going.

They'll be a sad loss but I have no doubt someone like Shearer can bring them back up again.

Maybe it will be good for them to go down and clear out the dead wood and then come up again, refreshed and resurgent.

Jonas - fucking bottler. Hanging himself on the eve of our biggest game for years. Should've done it months ago. RIP

About 52 weeks ago to be precise.

:lol:

You reckon it would have gone to the last day? ;)

:rolleyes: Yeah, you were 11th and about 7 points from the drop zone when you got rid of Allardyce. I'm sure you would've been relegated WEEKS before the end.

:D

About 52 weeks ago to be precise.

:lol:

You reckon it would have gone to the last day? ;)

:rolleyes: Yeah, you were 11th and about 7 points from the drop zone when you got rid of Allardyce. I'm sure you would've been relegated WEEKS before the end.

:D

The fixture list was far easier at the start of that season than at the end.

Nice try though.

I dont buy into the view that we would have been relegated under Allardyce. Anyone who still insists on this must see what he has done at Blackburn as evidence of his ability to get a few results when it matters.

I do think that Ashley purchasing the club and promising top 5 finishes and a trophy within 3 years raised expectations to a higher level than the previous season for the fans to see worse football and the same, if not worse results. It was Ashley that decided to get rid too, as he knew too little about football to have realistic expectations about what the staff he had at the club could reasonably achieve.

Top 10 form in over half a season since Sam arrived. After the start we had, we'll take that and it bodes well for next season considering we barely used Santa Cruz and can strengthen with the money from his sale over summer. The man did a great job at Bolton too.

But no, because he didnt lift you above mid table in the 6 months he was there, and presided over a few poor performances from what was already a poor side, it was definitely the right decision to get rid...

Top 10 form in over half a season since Sam arrived. After the start we had, we'll take that and it bodes well for next season considering we barely used Santa Cruz and can strengthen with the money from his sale over summer. The man did a great job at Bolton too.

But no, because he didnt lift you above mid table in the 6 months he was there, and presided over a few poor performances from what was already a poor side, it was definitely the right decision to get rid...

If he's so good, how come only shit clubs like Blackburn and Newcastle go near him? As a second thought in your case too.

You are the new Bolton to be honest.

Horror show football we just couldn't put up with and to be honest it was Ashley's choice to get rid of him and it came as a shock to me.

Matt Derbyshire on loan in Greece too...

The only sense Blackburn has is in the fans not turning up :lol:

As I have said before Tom, Derbyshire went on loan when Roberts was fit, and RSC was more or less fit. They both got injured after the window closed and Derbyshire had gone. So that leaves us with McCarthy as the only recognised striker, and Diouf being used on the right wing. And to be honest the football has been OK, apart from the Stoke and Liverpool games. We also have had a shoddy midfield whose best player was probably a 38 year old smoker.

I don't care too much about the quality this season after the nuclear disaster that was Paul "guv'nor" Ince. He tried pretty football, but the players were badly organised and our defence was shambolic. Sam really did rescue Blackburn, and we are not too anal about the style of football unlike Geordie fans or Spurs fans.

If he's so good, how come only shit clubs like Blackburn and Newcastle go near him? As a second thought in your case too.

He's not amazing, but he did a bloody good job at Bolton. He's very good at bringing stability to a club in crisis...Bolton were dead certs for the drop, we were under Ince and you'd had a bit of a shambles of a season before you signed him. If he'd stayed he would've brought stability to your club too eventually.

We weren't a shit side in the summer when we'd finished 6th, 10th and 7th successively but our board made an uncharacteristically awful decision in getting Ince in, Sam applied then and was knocked back (wouldve been a better choice than Ince but we had better options we shouldve picked then like ten Cate).

And about the quality of the football..not great this season but needs must. But either way seeing your team winning and scoring goals using long ball tactics will always be more entertaining than seeing your team play aimless pretty triangles in midfield and lose games. Once your team is winning, then you can think about the football.