How's everyone feeling leading up to Sunday?

dbsweeney

I'm feeling remarkably calm.

-----------

There was a period last Saturday when I felt woozy. At the moment that Viduka's goal was denied, I flicked to the Hull game to see they had equallised ... and then flicked back to see the red card.

After all those events in a row, I honestly felt ill and thought I was going to have a panic attack.

I turned the TV off ... and only after a minute of calming down did I turn it back on.

Quite simply, I thought I should stop taking this all so seriously.

Soon after, I went to bed and had a decent night's sleep.

----------

Now, I haven't been a NUFC supporter long enough to have known them as being a 2nd Division/Championship team, so I don't know what to expect.

What I fear most about relegation is the lack of coverage I will get about the club down here in Australia. Once a month they MAY show a Championship featuring the Magpies.

And I know that if we are relegated on Sunday, I will feel sad.

After the losses against Hull and Fullham, and the draw against Pompy, I felt awful.

Now I'm over it and resigned to the worst ... but hoping for the best.

:lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a fan since the late 70's, so I've seen my fair share of shite through the years.

Yes, relegation hurts like hell, but come the start of the next season, you're full of hope of going straight back up.

If we are relegated on Sunday (and I feel we will be, more than I feel we'll stay up :lol:) it'll not be the first time it's happened. For a few of the lads who haven't been supporters for that long, it'll be a hell of a time.

I honestly can't imaging going down with that fat clueless fucker of an owner. I only hope if we do go down, he sells the club and fucks off back to the land of jellied eels where he came from....fat cockney bastard!

I only hope if we do go down, he sells the club and fucks off back to the land of jellied eels where he came from....fat cockney bastard!

Stay up, or go down, I do think that Ashley has given up the ghost with the club and will sell either way. I don't believe in the threat of administration.

Call me foolish, if you like.

We are down IMO, and i feel fucking awful about it, sunday is going to destroy my nerves and win lose or draw, relegation or survival i'll be getting mortal to celebrate or drown my sorrows.

I dont care what anybody says, relegation is never something to be happy about, and there is no silver lining worth playing championship football.

I'll be amazed if we come out of this on Sunday evening still as a Premiership club. How am I feeling about it? Well I'm applying the 'expect fuck all and you won't be disappointed' attitude.

I've suffered relegation before therefore I think it'll be a bit easier for me to take than those of you who haven't. Still rips your heart out though.

Finding it hard to concentrate on other things tbh. It feels like the lead up to being executed. I can only hope for a last minute reprieve, or failing that (as is likely), a quick painless end via lethal injection, rather than a long drawn out bloody and painful end via an underpowered electric chair. I bet it's the latter too. :lol:

I've set myself up to expect the worse, self preservation! But I still have a glimmer of hope that we will do it. Im away in Evesham now till Sunday evening then we're racing on Monday, so at least I am busy. Last night was Torquay United's parade through town on an open top bus to celebrate going up, what a contrast Sunday could be :lol:

Yeah Im past exceptance so Im fine. What I do think will happen though, is that I will watch the game fully expecting to be relegated and a glimmer of hope will be thrown as Hull are getting beat 2-0 near the end and we are drawing 0-0 with Villa. Hope's will be raised and the arse will start twitching, I'll get butterflies in my stomach ...

Only for Villa to score in the last 2mins ......

Half Man Half Biscuit said it best

May morning, hanging round a trapdoor

Saw a girl like I’ve never seen before

I wanna make her mathematically safe

Wanna keep her mathematically safe

Take her up where we’re mathematically safe

Gonna wake up mathematically safe

Fairly resigned to it (been getting used to it since November after all), what's actually more worrying now is what happens next season. ;)

Will still feel like :lol: when it actually happens though (conversely will feel especially good if we somehow do pull off an escape :rolleyes:).

Guest alex

In situations like this (a bit like last weekend) there are nearly always twists and turns. However, because it's us, I bet there aren't on this occasion.

My son is not a Newcastle fan, (he's TUFC) BUT all season (and any season we've looked dodgy) he's always said NO Mum, you wont relegate. After the Fulham game I was fretting away, but he still said NO Mum it just won't happen!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had that belief :lol:

Guest Stevie

I'm calm too, I think we'll do it, Aston Villa are the worst side I've seen at SJP this season, and with the two Young's being out I'm very relaxed about the prospects of us getting something. Regardless what happens at Hull, Sunderland WILL NOT beat Chelsea, no chance, Chelsea won't let us down, so we know what we have to do lets fuckin do it, and make every geordie smile. Worry about relegation when it happens, and I tell you what it is if people didn't realise how much we're hated and disliked across a whole nation, I'm sure they do now, let's stick it right up em all, fuck them, we are Newcastle, fuck the rest, regardless what happens we can regain our strength in the future, we have what 95% of other clubs simply can't have, which is one of the largest most passionate fanbases in Europe, if we go we'll be back, but we're not going anywhere....so don't worry :lol:

Half Man Half Biscuit said it best

May morning, hanging round a trapdoor

Saw a girl like I’ve never seen before

I wanna make her mathematically safe

Wanna keep her mathematically safe

Take her up where we’re mathematically safe

Gonna wake up mathematically safe

I love that.

What song and album is that off?

They're and band I've about more than I've actually heard.

My son is not a Newcastle fan, (he's TUFC) BUT all season (and any season we've looked dodgy) he's always said NO Mum, you wont relegate. After the Fulham game I was fretting away, but he still said NO Mum it just won't happen!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had that belief :lol:

Well in fairness he's been completely right.... but this season it's probably hoping you did pack the parachute even though you're almost sure you've just packed your lunch as the ground is rushing up to meet you.

This season's is just so different to the usual NUFC foot shooting (it shouldn't have been, but it is), there's 1000's of ways we wouldn't have got relegated and only a few ways we would, but we've unerringly followed that course pretty much since the beginning of the season. ;)

Guest Stevie
I'm thinking of upgrading to smack dependant upon the result.

I will put you across my knee and give you a smack if you do that :lol:

I think I'll upgrade to smack too then.

Edited by Stevie