What is the most ridiculous hatred you harbour?

Park Life

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye must admit the people who stand in a queue for 15minutes at security then decide they have a belt on and an awkward bit of jewellery to remove are much more annoying

Flying - plenty of gripes (along with those already metioned).

The random "beep" at security does my head in, I fly every bloody week and have getting through security off to a fine art, similar attire every week, everything that could set off the beep in my coat/bag and yet I still get beeped occassionally, usually when it's stupidly busy. Got nabbed three weeks in a row at T5.

When your evening flight to T5 is delayed for ages why do they then decide to park the plane at a fucking stand MILES away from the terminal and then bus you in, which other "modern" major airport uses fucking buses. (each time the bus passes the terminal and loads of spare gates). Anyone getting the late one from Newcastle to T5 be aware you will be delayed and invariably put on a bus.

Electronics, why do you have to turn them off if plane mode is enabled, (Kindle's for example, if wi-fi is off, what's the problem) flew internal connection in the states last year and you could wi-fi from take-off to landing.

Duty Free Booze - flying internally in the EU you can buy little in the UK, elsewhere in the EU D/Free you can buy as much as you want of anything way cheaper. (I won't start on airside prices of anything else, total rip off).

Why do the Japs insist on wearing those dentists type masks ??? (after 20 minutes or so your breath/condensation renders them useless anyway).

Edited by Toonpack

I read people from SE Asia wear those to stop them spreading germs when they have a cold etc. Funny as I always used to think "do you think you're too good to breathe the same air as everyone else like?" when in reality they're being considerate. Just shows how cultural differences can lead to confusion I suppose.

I know what you mean about flying though, especially when I flew twice a week for about 4 years. People seem to check their brains in with their luggage.

"could you remove your headphones for landing" nothing to do with the device being on, or having to get instructions so why!

They've started stopping folks taking them off and hanging them round their necks now, again why?? Would have thought if you had to get off quickly having them round your neck rather than rolling around the floor would be less of a trip hazard.

When I was flying a lot the holiday-makers would piss me off a bit, you know, having to be told to go to the empty X-Ray machine etc. rather than using their loaf but I could accept it to an extent because they might be nervous / rarely fly and so on. The biggest cunts are the business men (it always seems to be them) who go up to the X-ray machine then remove their coat and jacket, then their belt and shoes, then take their laptop out the bag. I.e. all stuff they could've already done but are just being cunts for the sake of it. What sort of person gets a buzz out of doing that?

When I was flying a lot the holiday-makers would piss me off a bit, you know, having to be told to go to the empty X-Ray machine etc. rather than using their loaf but I could accept it to an extent because they might be nervous / rarely fly and so on. The biggest cunts are the business men (it always seems to be them) who go up to the X-ray machine then remove their coat and jacket, then their belt and shoes, then take their laptop out the bag. I.e. all stuff they could've already done but are just being cunts for the sake of it. What sort of person gets a buzz out of doing that?

Did get quite an aggressive pat down when I set the machine off. My crime? I said as I approached the fat bloke, "Oh it's probably the studs on my trousers mate".

My local shop is staffed entirely by lasses which makes it a nightmare for seeing blokes (young and old) trying to flirt/show off when being served. It's cringe worthy watching a 40 odd year old man give it the big I am to a not interested 21 year old lass. Every time I'm in there is at least one offender.

My local shop is staffed entirely by lasses which makes it a nightmare for seeing blokes (young and old) trying to flirt/show off when being served. It's cringe worthy watching a 40 odd year old man give it the big I am to a not interested 21 year old lass. Every time I'm in there is at least one offender.

On a semi-related sexist note I always notice shops ran by women to be annoyingly mismanaged in terms of not staffing tills and other basics.

I was in a chemists last week where I had to leave the prescription and come back because the sole duty pharmacist had gone out to lunch - I asked if it prevented service why couldn't she have brought a sandwich or sent one of the others out to get her something only to be met with blank faces and "why should she?"

Fucking morons.

There should basically be men and woman tills. It's a scientific fact women take x5 longer paying for things what with all the rustling around in big handbags when they could have done that while they were waiting.

There should basically be men and woman tills. It's a scientific fact women take x5 longer paying for things what with all the rustling around in big handbags when they could have done that while they were waiting.

Plus the inane chatting. Anything beyond how are you/how's the kids when there's a queue should be a capital crime.

On a semi-related sexist note I always notice shops ran by women to be annoyingly mismanaged in terms of not staffing tills and other basics.

I was in a chemists last week where I had to leave the prescription and come back because the sole duty pharmacist had gone out to lunch - I asked if it prevented service why couldn't she have brought a sandwich or sent one of the others out to get her something only to be met with blank faces and "why should she?"

Fucking morons.

So she's not allowed a break? :unsure2:

While I'm on a roll of hatred; people I don't know invading my personal space. Queues in shops and cashpoints are the worst. Going to windmill someone one of these days.

Aye, like people pushing their pram/buggy into the back of your legs in the queue every time you shuffle forward, with apparently no awareness that they're even doing it.