Is relegation normal for Newcastle?

Douggy B

I thought this may calm the nerves of a few on here who are worried for the future of NUFC if they get relegated Sunday.

I have mapped the post war positions of NUFC on a graph to map out the yoyo nature of NUFCs league position in the "modern game".

I have then mapped it against a team who I have chosen at random.

You can see on the graph that really what is happening at the moment may be just part of a natural cycle for a club whos place is just between the top two divisions.

yoyojoq.jpg

If that doesn't make you feel better I don't know what will.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to anyone who is about to repond, don't bother just let it sink

All I am saying Andrew is that Newcastle have bounced back many times before. After all it has spent over a quarter of its post war years in the second tier of english football.

You actually went to the bother of researching that, plotting it on Excel, uploading it onto imageshack, and posting it on here? You sad obsessed t. :lol:

Dont worry, I have this info to hand.

Any points on the data contained. I feel its a valid discussion.

In other words, our club has bigger highs and bigger lows, or your club is more average. :lol:

You'd think it would please you but I guess we're still the bigger story.

Let's face it, "The Spurs Story" wouldn't be a movie many would go and see. We're just more interesting. You're like the Paul Scholes to our George Best.

In other words, our club has bigger highs and bigger lows, or your club is more average. :lol:

Let's face it, "The Spurs Story" wouldn't be a movie many would go and see. We're just more interesting. You're like the Paul Scholes to our George Best.

We have won the league twice on that graph.

I admit the lows dont compare. I would say it was more like comparing scholes and Barton.

Edited by Douggy B

In other words, our club has bigger highs and bigger lows, or your club is more average. ;)

I admit the lows dont compare. I would say it was more like comparing scholes and Barton.

A fairly selective timeline in other words. :lol:

You actually took the time out to do that? Fuck me do you actually do any work? Mind, please don't tell me you done it in your own free time! :lol:

In other words, our club has bigger highs and bigger lows, or your club is more average. ;)

A fairly selective timeline in other words. :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking. We all know we've been shit in the league post war. Douggy, for your next homework assignment please extend that graph back to each clubs' inception.

Sweet graph.

I'm not too sure about his colour choices mind...

Doesn't have a left legend either.

I found this even sweeter graph at MS Paint.com

gx15KEhJ.jpg

Jesus Danny is must be a pain living in the shadow of the third most successful club in British football, so much so you feel the need to spend your days on another, similarly frustrating teams forum.

I would genuinely be interested in seeing a graph showing both teams from the beginning, the reason being that I see the two clubs reasonably on par as far as far as what they've won is concerned. The only major difference being fan base and current ground size. :lol:

I would genuinely be interested in seeing a graph showing both teams from the beginning, the reason being that I see the two clubs reasonably on par as far as far as what they've won is concerned. The only major difference being fan base and current ground size. :lol:

I dont think we have that many more than you.