Top Horror Movies

adios

Just looking for a decent movie to scare the shite out of us this evening. I reckon the scariest movie I ever saw was 'The Woman in Black', years ago, a BBC production. Never been able to find it on DVD over here but I can order it from America for some reason...

How about yourselves?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking for a decent movie to scare the shite out of us this evening.  I reckon the scariest movie I ever saw was 'The Woman in Black', years ago, a BBC production.  Never been able to find it on DVD over here but I can order it from America for some reason...

How about yourselves?

51680[/snapback]

nightmare on elm street really put the shits up me when i was a kid and I havent seen any/ many to have the same effect on me since. Enjoyed the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as well but i dont think i was really scared!

nightmare on elm street really put the shits up me when i was a kid and I havent seen any/ many to have the same effect on me since.  Enjoyed the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre  as well but i dont think i was really scared!

51681[/snapback]

Nightmare on Elm Street 4 put me off my burger when I was young (the bit where she turns into a cockroach) and His one-liners always made me laugh but I've never really got a scare from them. Always had a but of a soft spot for Michael Myers too, because of the funky theme tune I think.

It's always the more psychological stuff that gets to me.

Judging by her reaction this evening, me dancing to Happy Mondays in the scariest thing the girlfriend has seen.

The entity

51686[/snapback]

Supposedly based partially on a true story, a woman is tormented and sexually molested by an invisible demon.

US working title - Confessions of Wacky Jnr.

Haven't seen it, seriously, worth getting?

Bet your boots mate, if i could turn invisible there'd be some serious shit going on ;)  B)

51690[/snapback]

:lol:

Just read that it's being remade by the bloke who did the Ring (Japanese) next year.

We've gone for the new Amityville because it was the quickest to 'acquire', I'm not expecting much.

I just LOVE scary movies! :lol:

I saw Childsplay when I was about 7 or 8 and it totally scared me shitless! Couldn't sleep properly for a few days! ;)

Then there was the Grudge recently which had a similar effect. Just the thought of that japanese kid with the kat howl.... :blush::blush::blush: And the woman ghost in the dark....I was scared cos me bedroom was all dark :blush:

Saw was also a brilliant film. Some of it quite jumpy but the twist at the end was just a "OH MY GOD!" moment. Hope Saw II is good, I might see it at the weekend. B) I have to see that movie, loved Saw. :blush:

Movies to make you jump!

The Shining

Poltergeist

In the Mouth of Madness

Stephen King's IT

Psycho

Alien

The Thing

Halloween

Saw

The Silence Of The Lambs

I've heard Dog Soldiers & The Machinist are good too apparently.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I just LOVE scary movies!  B)

I saw Childsplay when I was about 7 or 8 and it totally scared me shitless! Couldn't sleep properly for a few days!  ;)

Then there was the Grudge recently which had a similar effect. Just the thought of that japanese kid with the kat howl.... :blush:  :blush:  :blush: And the woman ghost in the dark....I was scared cos me bedroom was all dark  :blush:

Saw was also a brilliant film. Some of it quite jumpy but the twist at the end was just a "OH MY GOD!" moment. Hope Saw II is good, I might see it at the weekend.  :blush: I have to see that movie, loved Saw.  :blush:

51717[/snapback]

The Grudge was the least scary horror film ever. It was laughably bad. :lol:

The Grudge was the least scary horror film ever.  It was laughably bad.  ;)

51736[/snapback]

Have to say, I thought that was Saw. When it's quiet for a minute and then there's a loud bang you're going to jump. Doesn't mean the film is scary, just that it's getting on your nerves.

Gozu is scary in that someone actually thought of that wierd shit.

I just LOVE scary movies!  :blush:

I saw Childsplay when I was about 7 or 8 and it totally scared me shitless! Couldn't sleep properly for a few days!  ;)

Then there was the Grudge recently which had a similar effect. Just the thought of that japanese kid with the kat howl.... :blush:  :blush:  :blush: And the woman ghost in the dark....I was scared cos me bedroom was all dark  :gay:

Saw was also a brilliant film. Some of it quite jumpy but the twist at the end was just a "OH MY GOD!" moment. Hope Saw II is good, I might see it at the weekend.  :blush: I have to see that movie, loved Saw.  :blush:

51717[/snapback]

The Grudge was the least scary horror film ever. It was laughably bad. :lol:

51736[/snapback]

B) With Sarah Michelle Gellar? Scared me like! :gay:

51736[/snapback]

Agreed. I watched it for the second time last night, on my own, in the dark, and I still pissed myself laughing at that little boy's face. :lol:

Rosemary's Baby. It was on last night. Best horror film ever. FACT.

51854[/snapback]

be interesting to see what comes top in tonights '50 most scary moments' thing tonight, I think that film was well done in the list! But then Buffy has just featured in the top 20 i think! good grief ;)

51736[/snapback]

Agreed. I watched it for the second time last night, on my own, in the dark, and I still pissed myself laughing at that little boy's face. B)

51852[/snapback]

He scared the shit out of me! :lol:

Rosemary's Baby. It was on last night. Best horror film ever. FACT.

51854[/snapback]

be interesting to see what comes top in tonights '50 most scary moments' thing tonight, I think that film was well done in the list! But then Buffy has just featured in the top 20 i think! good grief :lol:

51903[/snapback]

I'd just flicked over when I saw 'Buffy' in there.

;)