Top Horror Movies

adios

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the best horror movie I ever saw was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

52011[/snapback]

Good shout! 'The Shining' scared the shit out of me when I was a little 'un as well.

I'm such a girl, I don't like lots of blood and gore and stuff kind of horror.

Just ghosts and aliens and implied blood and gore...

I've not watched a horror film for aagggggeeessssssssss. Like, err, since I moved (when I was 13...) Haha. The closest I've got (which isn't really close at all) was The Frighteners.... which of course I watched simply for Michael J Fox ;) but that's really a comedy, featuring ghosts. As I said, not really close at all...

No. I love that shit. It's so dumb, but it's creepy and I love it.

I like believing in ghosts and stuff. It makes life more interesting. Admittedly not MUCH more interesting... but, a little bit.

Rosemary's Baby. It was on last night. Best horror film ever. FACT.

51854[/snapback]

be interesting to see what comes top in tonights '50 most scary moments' thing tonight, I think that film was well done in the list! But then Buffy has just featured in the top 20 i think! good grief B)

51903[/snapback]

I'd just flicked over when I saw 'Buffy' in there.

;)

51928[/snapback]

To be fair none of them are actually scary as they aren't real, so its subjective at best, but the episode of Buffy they put in was a good choice. Everybody was rendered unable to speak/make a sound and a group of evil looking creatures were going around at night cutting out peoples organs and they were unable to scream for help. So there! :lol:

You don't need agricultral implement wielding maniacs or gallons of blood to scare people - The Others scared the shit out of me!  ;)

52022[/snapback]

I don't like lots of blood and gore and stuff kind of horror.

Just ghosts and aliens and implied blood and gore...

The thing about the original TCM is that it doesn't actually have much gore. A bit of blood, but not exaggerated or anything. It is disturbing not for its gore but for what actually happens.

51854[/snapback]

be interesting to see what comes top in tonights '50 most scary moments' thing tonight, I think that film was well done in the list! But then Buffy has just featured in the top 20 i think! good grief B)

51903[/snapback]

I'd just flicked over when I saw 'Buffy' in there.

;)

51928[/snapback]

To be fair none of them are actually scary as they aren't real, so its subjective at best, but the episode of Buffy they put in was a good choice. Everybody was rendered unable to speak/make a sound and a group of evil looking creatures were going around at night cutting out peoples organs and they were unable to scream for help. So there! :lol:

52087[/snapback]

Parts of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on fact. Obviously there's 'true' and 'based on a true story' but there's a lot of fact woven into the movie.

There wasn't a family in Texas of cannibals who murdered people with chainsaws.

But there was a guy in Wisconsin who robbed graves, murdered people and evicerated them with other implements.

When they investigated his house, they did in fact find (as in the film) a disemboweled woman hanging from a meat hook.

The same 'real man' also was used as inspiration for Buffalo Bill and Norman Bates.

Edited by Zathras

watched the new fog last night, it was shit so i turned it off and put the new amityville on instead which was pretty good.

51778[/snapback]

Yeah, watched Amityville on Halloween, wasn't too bad. Exorcism of Emily Rose was last night, also watchable. Did beg the question though, if you're being attacked by an invisible force, why does darkness make that scarier?

Off to watch 'Rosemary's Baby' now, the girlfriend's beginning to look a bit of a nervous wreck for some reason...

Zathras - is 'Hicksville' a little close for comfort for you? ;)

Not seen the remake, but when the wifey reaches the screen in the original Ring I absoloutley shit me pants.

Also, in Audition when she goes to work with the wire and the needles...ooh it made me most tense.

52099[/snapback]

Really enjoyed the Ring, preferred Dark Water.

The end of Gozu is just wrong!

Whoever said these movies aren't scary I sort of agree, but I love the buzz of a good scare so I recommend getting very stoned first. I took the DVD out of the player after Ring...

I'm not sure what "Hicksville" is.

52102[/snapback]

US, dark country lanes, hill-billies, 'Deliverence' country!

52103[/snapback]

Ah, I thought you meant it was a film.

Population of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne: 259,573

Population of Minneapolis, MN : 2,968,806

So no. ;)

Edited by Zathras

So no.  ;)

52105[/snapback]

You're from Minnesota? I'd love to critisise but I'm from Dublin, population of under 2m and where I currently live I think the population is under 50.

So no.  ;)

52105[/snapback]

You're from Minnesota? I'd love to critisise but I'm from Dublin, population of under 2m and where I currently live I think the population is under 50.

52107[/snapback]

Minnesota is lovely.

And it gives me license to criticize all these pussies who go on about it being cold in Newcastle.

Oh, and having lived for at least a couple of months in

Newcastle

The Algarve (Portugal)

Hyderabad, India

Michigan

California (bay area)

I can honestly say that I find Minnesota preferable to all of them.

Although I loved my time in Newcastle. (and I liked the time I spent in Dublin too)

Newcastle

The Algarve (Portugal)

Hyderabad, India

Michigan

California (bay area)

Although I loved my time in Newcastle.  (and I liked the time I spent in Dublin too)

52111[/snapback]

I knew a girl from Minnesota once

Michelle Speigel I think her name was, do you know her ? ;)

Newcastle

The Algarve (Portugal)

Hyderabad, India

Michigan

California (bay area)

Although I loved my time in Newcastle.  (and I liked the time I spent in Dublin too)

52111[/snapback]

Being that well travelled you'd think you'd know the Canary Islands aren't in the Pacific :rimshot:

Newcastle

The Algarve (Portugal)

Hyderabad, India

Michigan

California (bay area)

52111[/snapback]

Being that well travelled you'd think you'd know the Canary Islands aren't in the Pacific :rimshot:

52203[/snapback]

I'm finding it hard to believe that living in Minnesota is preferable to the Algarve tbh.

51854[/snapback]

Saw this last night, really enjoyed it. Can't say I found it scary though, nice and creepy in places. I kept waiting for it to turn nasty. I found the Satanists charming and that party at the end looked like a hoot.

I thought 'Ninth Gate' from Polanski was freakier, in fact his taste in girls is probably scarier!

The Algarve was nice to visit, but I would not like living there. Didn't like the roads or the cuisine enough for every day.

And to be fair, I was in Dublin as a tourist for two days :rimshot: